Honorable Tom Mulcair, a challenge and an offer from a Conservative.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DennisTate, Feb 18, 2016.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hi Mr. Mulcair:

In the last three provincial elections I voted twice for NDP candidate Mr. Jim Boudreau.

The last time I voted for Mr. Boudreau, I was a member of Canada's Liberal Party but....... I have to admit that I seriously considered joining the NDP previous to joining the Liberals in 2009.

I campaigned for public office as an independent in 2006 and I was quite impressed with the discussions that I got into with my rival, NDP candidate Mr. Danny MacGillivray and with various workers in NDP campaign offices in Pictou, Antigonish and Guysborough Counties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pictou_Centre

Progressive Conservative .. Pat Dunn votes 3901 %52.60

New Democratic Party .. Danny MacGillivray votes 2344 %31.61

Liberal .... Troy MacCulloch votes 1057 %14.25

Green .. Samuel M. Clark .... votes 93 %1.25

Independent ... Dennis Tate .... votes 20 %0.27

Mr. MacGillivray was the only other candidate who responded to my own primary campaign writing:

www.BankingSystemFlaws.blogspot.ca/

June 13, 2006 Pictou Centre Campaign Writing

My name is Dennis Tate. I lived most of my forty seven years in West Lochiel Lake, Guysborough County. I am running for MLA as an independent in the area of Pictou Centre so that I can help as many people as possible become more aware of what I am sure is the real reason why our roads are in disrepair, why hospital beds are unused, why so many of the rural schools have been shut down, why our soldiers in Afghanistan are poorly equipped and why many if not most of our young people may have to leave Nova Scotia to find jobs.

When well trained workers have high quality technology to work with then the total of all wages and benefits paid out to employees is only a fraction of the retail value of the products they produce. As a result of this fact the only way to move products out of warehouses is to extend higher and higher levels of credit. One problem with an abundance of red ink is that compound interest on all this government, business and personal debt over a period of decades will grow to astronomical levels. At this time there is approximately TEN TIMES as much debt in Canada as there is money. A simple explanation for how this happened can be seen here:
    http://www.michaeljournal.org/plenty34.htm
    In my opinion this rather simple mathematical problem is perhaps the number one cause of inflation in the Canadian economy over the past three decades. This is also perhaps the number one reason why our costs of production are so high and Canadian products cannot compete on the world markets as well as they could under better conditions.

From 1940 to 1970 the Government of Canada put roughly half of the total money supply into the economy through loans issued through the federally owned Bank of Canada. Provincial and municipal governments could borrow the money to build roads, schools, hospitals and sewage treatment facilities at zero or one percent interest. In 1970 we changed our system and since that time a higher and higher percentage of all government debt is financed through loans issued through privately owned banks. At this time it is ninety eight percent. This policy may be great for our banking sector but it was estimated that in the one year of 1995 alone our federal government could have saved roughly SIXTY FIVE BILLION DOLLARS in interest payments if we had gone back to creating half the total money supply through these low interest rate loans issued through the bank that is OWNED BY ALL CANADIANS.

Considering that our deficit was approximately thirty billion dollars for that year, simply by changing back to an already proven monetary and banking system, we could theoretically have had a FEDERAL BUDGET SURPLUS OF THIRTY FIVE BILLION DOLLARS in 1995.

The massive cutbacks in the Canadian military, in health care, highway construction, social programs and education were profoundly affected by these accounting practices?

So what can you and I do about this problem?
    1. If we will do our homework and study this question we can put pressure on our provincial level politicians to create a provincially owned bank. A true Bank of Nova Scotia owned by all Nova Scotians could be used to finance town and municipal government projects at zero or one percent interest just as The Bank of Canada used to do.

2. Town and municipal government officials in New Glasgow, Stellarton and Trenton should seriously consider creating a local currency unit such as has been done in Ithaca, New York.
    .ithacahours.org/directory.php
    This is a great way to promote local businesses and help sustain rural economies.

3. It is also possible for groups of concerned individuals to get together and organize a local barter exchange as a cooperative. Mr. Rob Assels has been instrumental in just such an initiative in the Tatamagouche and River John area so surely we can get similar organizations up and running here in New Glasgow, Pictou, Stellarton, Trenton and Westville. Here is a link into the Halifax LETS system:
    halifaxlets.com/

Let’s discuss the various options available on the Pictou County Portal Message board. If you have trouble using this technology maybe you could hire a young person to help you get started?
    pcconnects.ca/portal/c/portal/layout

I just completed the first year of the Information Technology Program at Stellarton Campus of NSCC. I am running in Pictou Centre because I know that the towns of New Glasgow, Stellarton and Trenton have the people, the industrial base and the technological capability to become powerhouses of job creation not only for this area but also for all the surrounding regions.

“The wealth that is in the city comes from the countryside.”
    Creating new jobs in New Glasgow, Stellarton, and Trenton will ultimately depend on job creation in the surrounding rural areas.

Thank you immensely for taking the time to consider these points. By deciding to vote for me on June 13 you will be sending a clear message to the various political parties that you want them to take a serious look at these flaws in our monetary system and at these possible remedies. From now on if a politician tells you that they have to close down a school because of budgetary restraints, you may know far more about what is really happening than they do.

Warmest regards,

Dennis Tate

2. DennisTate

Mr. Mulcair...… an idea that I believe that you and I might agree on is that Mr. Jack Layton did an excellent job of summarizing one of the major problems with the Canadian economy with these words:

Oh Canada Movie 6 - Banking - 5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1HfKIvmZGU

3. DennisTate

Mr. Mulcair.... because you represent the riding of Outremont, Quebec you may be interested in a writing that I posted on March 8, 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Mulcair

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dann...rrency-unit-to-save-coastal-c/373261199364486

Proposal for the creation of a Quebec provincial currency unit to save coastal communities from threat of rising ocean levels.

In my opinion it is going to cost trillions of dollars to do what needs to be done to protect towns like Truro, and Antigonish, Nova Scotia from the consequences of the cracking and sliding of a large part of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet and the land based Greenland Ice Pack into the ocean.

The province of Alberta attempted to create its own provincial currency unit during The Great Depression but enormous pressure was exerted to ensure that their experiment in monetary policy was unsuccessful.

"Not "Funny money"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_Social_Credit_Party

The province of Quebec seems to be in much better position to create its own provincial currency unit without facing the massive backlash from the financial community and federal government that Alberta experienced.

Dr. James Hansen has stated that the last time that global temperatures rose by three degrees ocean levels rose by 25 meters over four centuries. Canada and the world are NOT yet prepared for ocean rise of one meter every twenty years.

Nearly one hundred million people in Bangladesh alone will become climate change refugees in the event of merely a one meter rise in ocean levels!

4. DennisTate

Mr. Mulcair....... I would like to pass on to the federal NDP a writing that I did while I was a member of Canada's Liberals as something of a friendly challenge for you to respond to:

http://www.politicalforum.com/canad...ar-liberal-party-volunteerism-hour-could.html

A Liberal Party Dollar or Liberal Party Volunteerism Hour could.......

Honorable Mr. Mulcair....... it seems to me that your NDP has somewhat better connections with Canada's artistic community than my Conservative Party does.

(I left the Liberal Party in December of 2015 and joined Canada's Conservative Party in order to more effectively promote):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/697266347074933/

Canadians 4 Peter MacKay for Conservative Leadership.

......…

5. DennisTate

Oh Mr. Mulcair.... I think it is interesting that TEN USA States are discussing options along this line.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/17/pf/local_currency/index.htm?iid=F_Jump

6. DennisTate

Mr. Mulcair........ I THINK I GOT IT........ both Conservatives as well as New Democratic Party members can cooperate in a plan to do a study on a low cost method that could perhaps lead to the prevention of cancer in many Canadians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Five or six glasses of baking soda and water per week would only cost about two dollars per month.....(if you...… like myself have tap water that is drinkable)?!

http://www.politicalforum.com/healt...nnot-survive-presence-high-levels-oxygen.html

Cancer cells.....cannot survive in the presence of high levels of oxygen

My wife's father was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years ago.

While he was still in Ecuador his physician advised him to begin to take baking soda and water as part of his improved nutritional back up to his treatment.

Now that he is in Miami his physicians are SHOCKED that his blood test are showing essentially ZERO CANCER CELLS!

My wife and I have both began to take baking soda and water on a regular basis.

https://sites.google.com/site/ganodermareview/the-root-cause-of-cancer

7. DennisTate

Mr. Tom Mulcair... back in 2008 when Green Party Leader Ms. Elizabeth May campaigned in my area, (Central - Nova), I did vote for her.

I actually changed my mind in the final few hours before voting because I am extremely impressed with her opponent from that election, M. P. Peter Mackay.

I have voted for Mr. Mackay in all except two of his campaigns.

I have to admit though that I am a little disappointed that she and her Green Party team have not already responded by doing something with the challenge that I put in front of them a little over a year ago:

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=437324&page=4&p=1065904175#post1065904175

8. DennisTate

Honorable Minister Tom Mulcair:
    February 29, 2016.

Sir......... I have a really serious question to put in front of you.

If....... several of us out here in Nova Scotia can form a micro-nation...... and get a micro-nation currency unit printed up........ would you Sir be willing to assist us with this project........ at least to some extent?

It seems to me that:
    http://www.mlalenorezann.ca
    .... would be kind of perfect to become "Artistic Director of Nova Scotia's N. D. P."

A provincial party's Artistic Director would serve a role quite different from that of the political leader.

I am kind of hoping that Nova Scotia's NDP may be willing to take a serious look at how ordinary citizens in over one thousand USA communities altered FDR's policies....... by working together?

Please take a look at post #10 on this page:

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...national-wealth-must-occur-order-finance.html
    A massive reevaluation of national wealth must occur in order to finance....
    ..... the shift over to a truly green and sustainable economy!

I just got back a brilliant summary of the numbers for the national wealth of the world's leading economies but.......
    ... it is apparent to me that we must look at these numbers and rethink the entire formula....... if we wish to finance the shift over to a truly green, truly sustainable economy.... and do it with the minimum amount of economic, political and social upheaval?!

9. DennisTate

You have to option to view this as a potential database problem that you could eventually back up with volunteerism by retired teachers, to tutor students. But these notes could at least make it possible for retired teachers to get yard work and other basics done as they get older and find such activities more difficult.

10. DennisTate

The N.S.T.U...... Nova Scotia Teachers Union
    is doing a strike vote on February 20, 2018..............

.... and I have a suggestion for them........
    discuss hiring Mr. Thomas Mulcair to become an actor playing the role of himself.........
    in a semi-reality science fiction film series........
    set during the time of his time of being national leader of the NDP...................

http://www.politicalforum.com/index...ndp-unity-to-destroy-liberals-in-2019.526258/

Conservative and NDP unity to destroy Liberals in 2019?