government conspiracy DOESN'T want big government spying on them??

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by JoakimFlorence, Feb 22, 2016.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. JoakimFlorence

JoakimFlorence Banned

:confusion:

We normally think of more surveillance as giving the government too much power, but I came across an interesting perspective that turned this notion on its head.

I was watching an old rerun of the TV series Nowhere Man, it was the last episode.
    Basically the series is about a vast and mysterious conspiracy within the government that was experimenting with mind-control techniques, and had a huge amount of resources at its disposal.
    The main character in the story had photographic negatives showing four U.S. Senators executed, hanging from a gallows, despite the fact that these four individuals were apparently alive and well, still holding their positions in the Senate. The thing that all four Senators had in common was that they were on the Senate Intelligence Committee. The main character went to the fifth Senator on the Intelligence Committee, the only one of the five who was not shown in the negatives, to see if he could get any answers.

Veil:"Four U.S. Senators, all on your committee—Balkan, Blake, Richards, and Markston [...] The photograph [...] it's a shot of the four of them hanging from a gallows... about 5 miles outside of Washington... the picture was taken a little over a year ago."
    Senator Wallace: "That's preposterous! All four of those men are still alive. How do you explain that?"
    Veil:"Well, how do you explain it? All four of those men changed their minds to vote with you on several important pieces of legislation, all four of them voted with you to defeat a controversial anti-terrorism bill."
    Senator Wallace: "Are you trying to blackmail me, is that what this is all about?!"
    Veil:"No, I'm just trying to get to the truth. Because obviously there is something rotten going on around here, your assistant was shot this morning."
    [...]
    Senator Wallace: "The domestic terrorism bill which was before our committee last year, would have given the government vast powers to monitor the activities of all citizens. With what happened in Oklahoma City, and the World Trade Center, bill looked like a shoe-in."
    Veil: "But you argued against it."
    Senator Wallace: "Yeah, this bill would have trampled all over the fourth Amendment. I don't believe the government should have the power, even in times of crisis, to invade the privacy of ordinary citizens."
    Veil: "Balkan and the other three Senators, they were originally for the bill... What made them change their minds?"
    Senator Wallace: "Hfff... I prefer to think it was my powers of persuasion. But obviously I was wrong, their change of heart had nothing to do with defending the Constitution..."
    Veil: "What did it have to do with?"
    Senator Wallace: "Well apparently they were forced to change their vote... possibly by the threat of this photo!"
    Veil: "What if the photograph is real?"
    Senator Wallace: "These four men are still alive! I've seen each one of them in the last few days."
    Veil: "How do you know that the men themselves weren't replaced? [...] Your committee knows everything that goes on in the intelligence world. Only a fraction of that knowledge ever filters down to the public."
    Senator Wallace: "What's your point?"
    Veil: "The ability to do this—to kill four Senators and then replace them with duplicates—that technology exists. That's why you're so nervous right now."

So obviously, this secret government conspiracy did not want the government spying on them and being able to uncover their shadowy operations, and was willing to kill and replace four Senators to make sure the law did not pass. Interesting twist.
    What do you all think?