Has anybody heard of the Flat Earth Theory?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by jrr777, Feb 29, 2016.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

Sorry for putting this in the political opinions and beliefs section, I did not know where else to put it.

I am completely blown away on the fact that the current theory of a globe earth holds such little evidence. If indeed we have satellites with cameras equipped, why is it that there is hardly any pictures or videos that are not computer graphics? Some even claim there are none, which I can conquer because I cannot find any. We should have an abundance of evidence to either put the flat earth theory to bed, or enlighten us to the fact we have been lied to all these years. Why is there not one video showing a space launch from earth to space? With the technology we have, this should have been done years ago. If it is because the heat from the take off would destroy the cameras, then simply wait until it's high enough, or take a video from an existing camera already in space, and then switch over to the take off camera when able to do so. Why is there no evidence that can powerfully destroy the flat earth theory? It seems on these flat earth people, that whenever they ask a question, instead of being answered they are merely made fun of. Is it because they cannot truly and undoubtedly answer the question?

If anybody has any proof that is 100% undeniable, please let me know, for I am know questioning the current theory.

Here are some videos that led me to believe that maybe, this world is flat. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHlcy8Xjr_E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7H6jAEdKE

2. Pycckia

Pycckia Well-Known Member

There may well be no 100% proof of a spherical earth.

My favorite alternate theory is the "hollow Earth." In that theory, we are living on the inside of a sphere, and the laws of physics are adjusted to make it work out. For instance, if you ascend straight up, the speed of light decreases continuously, so you can never reach the center.

If you are willing to adjust the laws of physics you can generate a great many cosmologies that work out. In fact, you can place the Earth at the center of the Universe and have everything else revolving around it. This is guaranteed by General Relativity. You can probably press it into service for a flat earth as well.

But the point is, the spherical earth theory produces the most simple physics, and is therefore preferred. If you want to believe that the Earth is flat "in reality," go right ahead. But if you are working for NASA, you would use the spherical earth model just because the calculations are so much easier.

This is interesting to think about philosophically, but most people aren't philosophical (especially not atheists) and all you are going to do is get yourself branded as a kook for no good reason. I think Kant was the one who finally put paid to the notion that we humans can actually know "ultimate reality," and there is no profit in "kicking against the pricks," at least for cosmological matters.

3. FreedomSeeker

FreedomSeeker Well-Known Member

"Has anybody heard of the Flat Earth Theory?" - yes, Jesus would have heard of it, as being all-powerful and knowing the old texts he of course would have, but he was too stupid to take 15 seconds out of his life to say "right this down, the texts got a lot of stuff wrong, the earth is round, and don't kill gays."
    Too bad Jesus was not all-caring. He's had 2000 years to do that, but he's too busy creating "acts of god", like the deadly 2004 tsunami that killed 240,000 innocent people (and he chose not to warn innocent people about it, either.) So yes, Jesus, among others, believe in the flat earth theory, as the Bible implies the earth is flat.

4. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

If this is true, then we have never been to space as they claim. Therefore a flat out lie. One must think that if someone is willing to lie, there is a reason for it. On this topic or lie, the only reason I can see is that the flat earth theory would most undoubtedly support a creator. Therefore it must all boil down to God. I mean if they cannot prove the earth is round, what is the purpose of the lie? Why is Antarctica off limits, and has the biggest Nation treaty ever. All nations agree that Antarctica is off limits and must have detailed reasons and meetings for any nation to go there. It is also a treaty with the upmost compliance. Meaning those in the treaty actually adhere to the laws.

The flat earth theory explains how there is a dome like structure that is so far impenetrable. Which may explain why we have never been to space, at least at the depths of which they claim. All of a sudden I find myself lost in a world that was once thought to be known. In my research I cannot find any undeniable proof that the earth is round. With our technology there should be overwhelming evidence that bombs the flat earth theory. If one does the research as opposed to laughing at such a theory, they to might find themselves in a very peculiar position. And I'm not saying there is no such evidence, I'm just saying I can't find it.

5. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

I was in photo recon in the Marines and we had an F4 go as high as it could and take a pic on the way down. The earth was round even from that altitude. .

6. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

Wow, you are truly wishing for hell. Let me guess, you don't believe the Bible because man wrote it. Yet you believe whatever man tells you.

Example, the tsunami was created by an earthquake, at least that's what we were told. How do you know it wasn't a nuclear bomb detonated under the ocean floor? The recent North Korean bomb test generated a 5.1 magnitude earthquake. I mean when you see an offshore oil rig, you would think they are drilling for oil. Maybe they are drilling to place a bomb. Sounds ludicrous I know, or do I. Not everything is as it seems, actually most everything is not as it seems, it's just the way life is. And for you to claim that 240,000 people were innocent is ridiculous, because nobody alive is innocent, at least at the age of reason. For these people, what did you do? Let me guess, you donated money to make yourself feel better about not helping. That money never reached it's destination. But you feel better don't you, that is to say you actually donated. If not, than you are no better than the person in which you are ridiculing, Jesus or not.

What is your fascination with Jesus anyways? I mean if you don't want to believe that's one thing, but to sit there making elementary commentary on those who do, is very childish. Don't you think?

7. Pycckia

What would you accept as proof?

If you have the cash, you could travel in a westerly direction and end up where you started.

Would that constitute proof?

8. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

As a fellow human, I would much rather be able to take your word for it. However, where are the pictures? And what camera and lens was used?

9. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

OMG - There is 100% proof the world is not flat.

Good gracious. Have you never seen pictures of Earth from space "orbiting satellites and so on"

Eratosthenese proved the earth was round around 250 BC.

10. Soupnazi

Soupnazi Well-Known Member

You clearly are not even trying to find proof.

Endless photos of the sphere we live on are available on line. You claim there are few or hard to find and that is absolutely false.

Just Google or wiki it or go to NASA. We even have pics of the earth from the moon and the earth and the moon together. You have either not bothered to look or you are lying about there being almost no pics.

If you want more proof without someone else's picture simply talk to someone in new Zealand or Australia via Skype or Yahoo or which ever service you prefer.

Have them point their cam out the window. Then look out yours. It is dark here when it is daylight there and vise versa. This is impossible to accomplish with a flat earth.

Yes most are aware of the flst earth theory it is old and stupid.

Other threads exist about it on this forum.

The evidence was discovered centuries ago that the earth is basically round.

11. Questerr

Questerr Banned

You ever been out to sea? Ever noticed that ships that are very far away only have the upper parts of their superstructure visible?

12. Pycckia

Another test you can do yourself is to measure the length of the shadow cast by the sun.

Measure the length of the shadow of a vertical pole one meter high at local noon on the day of the summer solstice in North Dakota and a year later measure the same shadow in Texas. They will be different

A little trigonometry and you can measure the diameter of the spherical earth. Some Greek did that a few hundred years before the birth of Our Lord and got the diameter right to within 10%.

13. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

You can prove it to yourself very easily. We have these things called planes. You can get your aviation license and fly in a straight line all by yourself and eventually you will get back to where you started. You can also purchase a telescope and view with your own eyes the other spheres in our solar system.

14. The Great Zeus

The Great Zeus New Member

This thread belongs in the Conspiracy Theory sub-forum.

Obviously, you searched as hard for the appropriate forum as you did for evidence supporting this nonsense.

You're welcome.

15. AlphaOmega

Ive seen an uptick in this. The problem with the conspiracy threads is the only people that go there are conspiracy people so they have no one to converse with thus the reach outs here to invoke some interest. I must admit Im fascinated by the conspiracy types because I cant quite believe people actually believe these things.

16. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

It was 50 years ago using one of these

177113213291206418.jpg

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234993254-rf-4b-us-marines-vmcj-1-hasegawa-172/

17. vino909

vino909 Well-Known Member

...heard of it,,,, ranks right up there with the Grassy Knoll crowd,... even worse.

18. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

Actually at some point you would be heading east as well. And no, this cannot be achieved, at least everybody that has attempted it, is no longer with us. Such as Amelia Earhart, and so many more. Kind of weird huh?

19. Pycckia

Try it and see for yourself. Say hi to Amelia when you see her.

20. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

That picture is a badass looking jet, however there is no picture of the curvature of the earth. I only know one pilot, and he says they use the horizon to adjust the level of the plane. He said he never really paid attention, but as he thinks about it, he is more than positive the horizon is flat, or level. This by no means says the earth is flat, rather shows there is no proof of it being a sphere.

21. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

This is what I'm talking about. Of all the technology we have, all the so called satellites, we have no evidence that can prove the earth is a sphere, aside from doing the scientific research yourself. Thus making me wonder what all your and my tax dollars has been spent on. You should be concerned as well.

22. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me. If you have a link please send it to me. The photos and videos I have seen from the Nasa.gov site and others, are nothing more than cgi's, Nasa even admits it. So it would seem to me that it is you who is not doing research and merely taking the word of the scientists. Don't get me wrong, I am not a flat earther, rather just someone trying to find truth in the current theory of our world. If indeed the people of earth have been deceived on this matter, the outcome is massive. One could rule the world with such a lie.

What evidence was discovered century's ago? It was nothing more than a theory. Edwin Hubble, and Einstein both say that the globe earth theory, merely fits better, so it is the one they are going to use. They even admitted there is not hard evidence to support it.

It is not impossible to have dark and light in different times of the earth, on a flat earth. Did you watch the videos from the links I previously provided? However I am not claiming the earth is flat.

23. AlphaOmega

So explain to the forum why no one can find the edge of the earth, especially the ones living on it?

24. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

This is a good question, and one that is asked very often. I cannot answer with any sort of certainty. However planes and boats always come up missing, without any leads towards their findings. I will say that, even the well known scientists, cannot provide any hard evidence of their current theory. Why is it they are not questioned as people like me? I am not a flat earther, rather someone looking for truth on the current theory. I do not even claim to know what shape the earth is. And any evidence that would give me no other choice but to believe the current theory is always welcomed. Another words, I take no sides, and have no position, other than seeking the truth. Which would come to anybody's surprise, if they research this themselves. The only evidence now, that could possibly be considered hard evidence, is the fact that all known celestial objects are that of a sphere. Other than that we have been basing our culture and teachings off of nothing more than a theory.

The Bible says that God made a firmament. This firmament I believe, as of now cannot be penetrated. Thus not allowing us into space. We can however get high enough to instantly drop and experience weightlessness, or zero gravity. If one argues that we have satellites in space, simply ask them to prove it. They will not be able to, because the only pictures are that of computer graphic images or CGI. Even Nasa admits this. On top of that, the few pictures they claim have been taken from space of the earth, show a earth that is in a perfect sphere. However they teach us that, the shape of the Earth approximates an oblate spheroid, a sphere flattened along the axis from pole to pole such that there is a bulge around the equator. This is not applicable to the images Nasa gives us, as a confirmed picture of the earth from space. I can promise you, if you look into this yourself, you will be blown away. I to did not believe the hype, and only researched it for a family member. Yet here I am completely blown away over this massive lie.

25. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

Being that pics from these planes are secret I wasnt allowed to take one with me . So the pilot you know doesnt use instruments?

Heres a shot from a U2

hqdefault.jpg