The UK's Bunny Money.....

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by MMC, Mar 1, 2016.

1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

The UK has come out with some new Coin. The Bunny Money. You know the US won't allow them to have the only Bunny Money in the world. Now we will have to find a coin for our Bugs Bunny. What say ye?

Money bunny: Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit on UK coins.....

[​IMG]

Peter Rabbit on Monday became the first character from children's literature to appear on British coinage with author Beatrix Potter's creation featuring on 50-pence pieces commemorating her birth.

A set of four fully-coloured coins will be released this year for the author's 150th birthday, with the first to carry an image of Peter Rabbit, her most recognisable creation.

The series will continue later in the year with three other characters from the much-loved Potter books.

"The coins will be available in silver proof featuring a distinctive colour-printed design, bringing Peter and his famous blue jacket to life in vivid detail," said the Royal Mint.

Plain-metal versions of the 50p (69 US cents, 64 euro cents) pieces will appear in general circulation later this year.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/money-bunny-beatrix-potters-peter-rabbit-uk-coins-141707399.html

2. unbiased institute

unbiased institute Member

Hardly news but its great if you're a coin collector.

3. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Well they did say they will have plain metal ones out later in the year. Which I am sure those in the UK will get use to.

My kids went after our Quarters with the States that were out in Circulation. My youngest has any of my old coins from overseas. Doesn't have much time to be a collector at this stage of the game.

Myself I never got into collecting coins. But I am not against Collecting money. Just sayin. [​IMG]

[video=youtube;s8lhnrCDU4Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8lhnrCDU4Q[/video]