'Do NOT come to Europe.'

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by cerberus, Mar 4, 2016.

1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

In a dramatic appeal aimed at “potential illegal economic migrants”, the president of the European council, Donald Tusk, said: “Do not come to Europe. Do not believe the smugglers. Do not risk your lives and your money. It is all for nothing.”

If ONLY he'd said that 2 years ago there would be no migration crisis in Europe right now. In the annals of human history has there ever been a better example of the adage 'It's no good locking the stable door after the effing horse has bolted.' :wall: :wall:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/03/donald-tusk-economic-migrants-do-not-come-to-europe

2. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

But we're not talking about a horse getting away, we're talking about a cancer within. Cut the cancer out. I'm not saying you have to kill them, but you can send them back to where they came from.

3. cerberus

They can't be 'sent back to where they came from' because the authorities don't know where they came from.

4. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

If they refuse to say where they're from, just send them to the most likely place based upon dialect.

5. cerberus

That's the only way I suppose, but the human rights zealots would go ballistic, and no government would risk that. Anyway there are so many of them now that such a scheme would take literally years to process and execute. The Euro countries are certainly in for some (*)(*)(*)(*) in the very near future, what with one thing and another.

To be honest, when I first heard (many moons ago now) that there were never any checks on their claims for asylum and refugee status, and that they could say anything they like and it would be accepted, I couldn't believe it.

6. MySy

MySy New Member

The European migration crisis has been in the making for some 30 years already.
    Similar to the crisis on the Southern Border in the U.S.

7. cerberus

Compared to the current situation in Europe, that's going to seem like a minor sideshow.

8. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Well-Known Member

...largely on account of their having ditched their IDs in the sea to ensure that nobody will ever know said provenance, as it would immediately disqualify any claim to refugee status.

I like your style.

- - - Updated - - -

I've often wondered if this complaint about the Mexican border isn't exaggerated, but it's not something I've ever followed. It certainly must be miniscule compared to the middle eastern invasion of Europe.