Boris Johnson condemns BCC boss suspension.

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by cerberus, Mar 6, 2016.

1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

2. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Well-Known Member

Not sure he was ever genuinely credited with much to begin with, for the claims to a biting intellect behind the bumbling façade.

3. cerberus

Looks like it - he's back to being a clown already. When he was interviewed y'day he mumbled incoherently, took his beanie off, ruffled his mop, and put it back on again. :eyepopping:

4. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

How do you know they’re lying about this? It’s perfectly possible that nobody from government had any involvement what-so-ever. It’s a perfectly valid question to ask but assuming the answer falls somewhere between dishonesty and libel.

I don’t see how this calculated politicking hidden behind his mask of the bungling fool is anything new. I’d suggest his definitive statement that the head of the BCC was pressured by the government to leave (as opposed to calmer heads just asking questions) if a reflection on himself more than anything else. If the man had come out in the opposite direction, Johnson would be among the first calling for his head.

5. cerberus

Like myself, you must have heard of occasions when the government has been caught lying about something, and so with an inherent mistrust of politicians together with the above fact, I always go by the maxim - and I apply it to everyone, politician or no, 'Once a liar, always a liar', the default being that I'm being told a lie unless convinced to the contrary. You obviously have no such suspicions, and certainly nowhere near my level of cynicism.

I've already retracted that reckless belief (I don't know what came over me!! [​IMG] ) on a thread in the Europe forum.

6. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

The problem is that Johnson is a politician too (one in the same government at that). They say there was no pressure and he says there was. They can’t both be lying.

I’m all for cynicism about anything any politician says but automatically assuming it’s all false is no better than automatically assuming it’s all true.

7. cerberus

True, so I guess all we can do is to go by our instincts? Not to brag, but mine invariably turn out to be spot-on. :cool: