Why did you become a racist? Share your personal experiences.

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Egalitarianjay02, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

I just made a thread saying you can't have an honest or civil conversation with most racists. Indeed many racists deny that they are racist. But in the rare event that they simply admit it maybe we can get some of them to explain why they are that way. I have a suspicion that the average racist holds their views because they were either taught racism or society influenced them to be racist. How many racists can honestly say that they have bad personal experiences with people of other races that made them racist? Were you beat up in school by someone of another race? Did you witness some form of sexual harassment or were you sexually abused yourself? Did someone of another race take your job that you felt more qualified to do? Did you get in a heated argument with someone of another race or multiple people that led you to not like them? Tell your stories.

I would also like to invite posters to share experiences that led to them being anti-racist. If the path to Egalitarianism was paved with bad experiences with racists share your experiences in this thread.

2. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

One year of public middle school with a black majority in South Carolina solidified my views. Personally witnessed several assaults, threats and insults; cracker was a favorite term of the indigenous population. Dismissing that as banter by "youths"...

Numerous events with black adults have reinforced my view, most recently being a hiring manager and bringing four black men into the company. All but one had back child support, one quit when the garnishment took effect, another wanted us to lie to the state to avoid paying it. One of the individuals stole materials and supplies, and attendance was abysmal with all four. Work ethic was less than marginal. Zero still hold employment with us, all attempted to file unemployment after being terminated for attendance or theft under five hundred.

I now live in a prominently white area, less than 3% black, yet black men still account for a large portion of home burglaries and store thefts. Thankfully personal assaults here are very low.

I have traveled the US extensively and the only people that seem to believe blacks are burdened through no fault of their own are in areas that have almost no interaction with southern blacks and often no interaction with blacks in general. I can attest that northern blacks are not the same as southern blacks but my experiance with them is primarily in the south.

I don't have a problem with all blacks; my next door neighbors are a black family, mother and father present, both hold full time jobs, kids are polite and in school - I couldn't ask for better family next door, but unfortunately they are the exception rather than the rule.

I will also point out the extreme loudness and attention seeking behavior by many black people, typically female, in public restaurants, amusement parks and shopping facilities.

3. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

I replied to a similar topic in a similar way: people make judgements based on criteria that seem good to them.People who are different often seem 'bad' to others. We as a nation judge ISIS immoral for instance. Is this racist? If so, why? If not, why not? Often one's culture can be discerned by the color of one's skin or the accent of one's language. Does honestdislike for another's culture due to its ideas constitute racism? Why or why not? It should be noted that I do not like all people of a different race than my own, though I have friends of the White, Black, Asian and Native American races. Does the fact that I do not like all people make me somehow racist? Or am I merely discriminating based on personal values?

4. rayznack

rayznack Well-Known Member

Blacks are model citizens in every country they inhabit or run. In America, Blacks are the idealized minority who outperform Whites in every positive socioeconomic and life achievement marker imagined. Inter-racial violence statistics show Blacks are far less likely to commit crimes against Whites than the other way round. Blacks contribute to the system more than Whites and their share of resources disproportionately goes to uplifting Whites and other non-Blacks. Blacks are less violent, have higher IQ, are more industrious, and create better neighborhoods than Whites. Whites flock to Black neighborhoods to experience the benefit of Black run micro-societies.

It is the above that racism exists and some Whites do not like Blacks. Better indoctrination is needed to teach us all races and cultures are equal.

5. DarkSkies

DarkSkies Well-Known Member

Your intended sarcasm aside, you're actually correct with most of this post.

6. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Let's try to take this thread seriously. It's not for sarcasm. It's an opportunity to share personal experiences that led you to racism or against racism.

7. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Do you have ANYTHING to back that up statistically?

8. Sab

Sab Active Member

No, its all intentionally nonsense

9. Sab

Sab Active Member

I started life as an 'anti racist' then I moved from the suburbs into the city and attended community college with black kids. their behaviour was abominable. They attacked anyone they felt like. Did no work and just used the college as a place to sell weed, hang out with their girlfriends and attack the white and Asian kids. The violence was always in the air.

They were unable to hold any real form of conversation . When there was a black person of any ability that black person hung out with the white kids as the blacks would bully them.

10. Thanos36

Thanos36 Member

I've never been racist. I always say that I did not become a black man until I woke up in the real world. And I didn't wake up in the real world until I was 22 years old. Up until then, I knew I was black, I recognized it, but it never really shaped my perspective. I did things because I liked them, not because every other black person liked them. In my life I became an individual before I became a black person. This is almost to the point where I don't even understand the black perspective and narrative. But then I came to realize, I don't understand any racially motivated perspective and narrative. I have tried to look through the eyes of a white nationalist, and what drives otherwise rational people towards such an ideology. And while I deeply understand the motives, I simply think it's a step in the wrong direction. Similarly I can't understand black nationalist ideology for similar reasons.

So I never really had a chance to become a racist. I unfortunately didn't grow up in the real world. Sure I was born poor, with a father on drugs, to a single mother, and I was a young black male. But you know what? I never really knew any of this until I turned 22 years old. Ever. So I went and I pursued a career, and I studied my ass off to get ahead. And by the time I was done doing that, then I realized I was black. And at that point my individualism was so much strong than my blackness, that my blackness became irrelevant. I have no emotional investment in blackness. That is why I as a black man am looking for solutions. And why it is hard for me, as a black man to get upset or easily or emotionally distracted when someone makes an off-handed remark.

It is also why as a black man, I can see through the BS from the black and white communities. And that I many be one of the few people in the world who is willing to fight both. And I am not a liberal, as I do not believe in forcing association via government. But I believe strongly in diversity. But I don't believe government policy is the way to achieve it.

11. egotripp

egotripp Banned

I'm a white man, married 23 yrs. now to a Mexican woman, I have two girls from my first marriage (white) and two boys from my forever marriage (Mix) and one daughter that we adopted (Mexican). I say all this just for background and context.

I'm not a racist, but I sure as hell am a culturalist. There are cultural subsets in the U.S. that I just don't care for, I despise them even. I've known really bad people who have harmed me materially from white, latino and black races. I've also know some really great people who've been very good and kind to me from those same backgrounds.

Here is what I have noticed though, On the whole, it is harder for me to accept very many U.S. born/raised black peoples attitude toward work, family, personal responsibility etc. We live in a University Town (Lubbock TX, Texas Tech University) and as my wife and my cousin are both professors at Tech I have the blessing of meeting very many foreign nationals and legal immigrants.

I can think of one in particular from Kenya, Steven is his name, and another Black man from Nigeria who I have gotten to know, and they are NOTHING like the black people who'm I've met that are U.S. nationals. They tell me they don't like blacks from the U.S. They don't like their attitude towards others and each other. My friends from overseas tell me that they don't see the "racism, discrimination, etc." the U.S. blacks complain about incessantly.

How is that, if not a cultural issue? How is it that a black man from overseas just sees me as another man, as I do him, yet a U.S. born black sees me as a "white" man? Honestly, when my wife and I see each other, we don't see white and Mexican, we just see each other. I hate that more people refuse to move beyond a history of racism and will not allow a color blind future for us all. I hate it, I'm tired of it, but sadly I must admit that is in the black CULTURE to keep it alive, and there is nothing I can do about it but stay out of the way. So I avoid most interaction with blacks now days, because I just don't want the trouble. To them, I'm "That White Devil" no matter how fairly I treat them, or expect from them.

12. Empress

Empress Well-Known Member

Cool but it's a weird thread when the guy who starts the thread doesn't tell us what made him become a racist.

13. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

I'm not a racist and you have no evidence that I am. Don't troll my thread. Instead why don't you share your personal experiences that led you to be racist? We all know that you are so don't bother denying it.

14. Empress

Trolling your thread. That's a rather uncivil accusation and it also happens to be inaccurate. So please tell us why you're racially discriminatory against white people. You are intrinsically hostile to the idea of white people preserving their heritage in sovereign countries they found by taking reasonable steps to do so because you construe as oppression laws which would aid in preserving the creation of white offspring. Why are you against it? 1) You're self-indulgent, 2) You are intrinsically hostile to white people telling you "no."

Saying "TNB" isn't racist. Why don't you present that in context rather than quote mining out of context? The thread was about a double standard in hate crimes. Blacks commit most interracial violent crime and nearly all interracial rape, and it's been this way for many years. Of course, pointing that out is going to hurt your feelings, but I really don't care. I think you should be glad that's all white people are doing.

15. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

I have never discriminated against White people. You are simply being dishonest. Saying "TNB" is racist. If you think using racial slurs isn't racist then you are just delusional.

16. rickysdisciple

rickysdisciple New Member

I've become "racist" in the sense that I acknowledge racial differences and think homogeneity is better than diversity. I also think we should dramatically reduce immigration for economic, cultural, and racial reasons.

I became this way due to an excessive amount of reading, learning, and then thinking.

My background in East Asian studies also helped me to become a realist and was the straw that broke the last leftist bone in my body.

17. Empress

So using a slur about black criminals predatorializing on whites is racist but your openly wishing you could murder me due to my beliefs isn't racist. I don't believe for a minute you've ever had such homicidal ideations toward expressed views by non-white people. That would be racial discrimination and racism on your part. Not that you'll ever admit it.

18. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Yes, using racial slurs is obviously racist and no saying that you should be killed for your beliefs is not racist. :wink:

19. Empress

Actually you do when you blame black backwardness on whites while continually being unable to explain sub-Saharan backwardness before European colonialism. You're making an entire race a scapegoat.

Let's recap this: You're crying foul at me saying "TNB" about black criminals attacking whites but it's OK for you to wish you could murder me for saying things that hurt your feelings.

20. Empress

Saying that a white person should be slaughtered for their nonconformity of your perspective of society as a black person is in fact racism.

21. rickysdisciple

rickysdisciple New Member

Why can't we kill people based on race? If we can kill people for their beliefs, why not their race? Both communicate meaningful information about intentions or future actions.

22. rayznack

rayznack Well-Known Member

That's a good question since EJ has justified rape and violence based on belief.

23. Libhater

Libhater Well-Known Member

According to the dictionary a racist is someone who believes his race is superior to that of another. According to the Bell Curve Asians have a higher IQ level than Whites, and Whites have a higher average IQ than blacks. Using that scale as a reference, Asians are superior to Whites and Whites superior to blacks--categorically making both Asians and Whites racists, and making me a White man a racist in the first order.

From the Bell Curve I'll leave you with detailed facts concerning IQ and Race and IQ and Social Policy.
    You may notice that a large reason (besides the Bell Curve chart) for there being so many White racists
    is that they were and are fed up with Affirmative Action policies for minorities (mainly blacks) that gives
    a large policy driven advantage to minorities in higher education and the workplace. What White person
    wouldn't feel a bit racist having undergone a total and deliberate skewing of human nature and our
    societal mores?

http://www.intelltheory.com/bellcurve.shtml#content

24. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

In all seriousness I don't advocate rape which I believe is a heinous crime and only believe violence is justified when it is an act of self-defense. The comments you are referring to were just a joke. You know this but insist on holding it against me.

25. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

All are born racist, it is natural and inherit in primate social structuring.