The Earth is Flat

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by jrr777, Mar 10, 2016.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

Can anybody prove beyond any doubt, that the earth is a sphere? And believe me I know how ludacris this sounds, especially because it has been put into all our minds, that the earth is a sphere. I do not claim the earth is round or flat. What is however extremely shocking, is that neither one can be proven. All people can say is of course it's round, anybody that thinks otherwise is a fool. But how is this name calling, proof? And if anybody that reads this, took just a little time to try and definitively prove the earth is round, they would find themselves with little evidence, and that evidence is only circumstantial. But how could this be? How could all nations on earth, teach their society that the earth is round with no proof?

If anybody has any proof, please let me know.

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

The very fact that we have a horizon proves that the earth is round. BTW since we are on the subject I'm a member of www.theflatearthsociety.org and www.tfes.org for fun. I'm Luke 22:35-38 there and I take up the round earth side.

3. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

I guess you've never flown on an airplane. The view is enough proof for me. Heck, I've made the observation on tall towers as well. I'm actually surprised anybody (even in olden times) ever believed the earth was flat.

4. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

Simple. Ever watched the shadow of an eclipse of the moon by the Earth.
    Problem solved.

5. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

Of course it can't be proven with science. Science never proves anything. Any answer mentioned can be explained by some kind of visual anomaly. But the science is pretty settled on the subject

6. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

Science is also settled on the universe coming into existence from nothing. I guess whatever they say has to be true. Look I understand your reasoning, it is not me that thinks the earth is flat. It is however me, that finds it disturbing on the fact that there can be no proof provided for the current theory of the earth being round. If everything in space we can see is round, it's safe to say the earth is to. But that does not mean it's true. Matter of fact if earth is flat or not round, this would show a very special circumstance for earth, and possibly even creation. But science cannot have that. If it came to doing true science, and revealing a creator, than obviously they will not do true science. Or at least not reveal the truth. Don't you find it odd, that the round earth cannot be proven? With all the technology we have, the so called robots landing on mars, and yet they can't turn around and take a picture of earth. Every single picture of earth from space is a CGI (computer graphic image) and NASA even admits this. Is the firmament the Bible explains, in there way of entering space. Is this why all the nuclear bombs from U.S. and Russia was detonated in space? They was actually trying to break through what proves creation? SHHHHH

7. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Why don't you look at satellite photos of the earth.. There are thousands of them on Google images.

8. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

How does having a horizon prove a round earth? Picture the earth being flat, now how does this stop the sun from going all the way around. If that didn't help, pick up a piece of paper and hold it flat. Now take your other hand and in a circular motion go all the way around the paper long ways. Your hand is the sun. Leaving a horizon on both ends. Remember if the earth is flat, it is the sun that has to be moving.

9. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

Your rambling is nuttier than a fruitcake

10. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The sun isn't moving.. The earth revolves around the sun..

11. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

How does this prove anything? Take a cup with a flat lid on top of it (McDonalds cup), set it directly in front of the sun. You will have a round shadow at the top, but the lid is flat.

12. democrack

democrack Banned

Are you the guy that did the Geico commercials , you know the knuckle dragger ? :roflol:

13. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Much like the subject of this thread your claim regarding NASA belongs in the conspiracy theories subforum.

International Space Station on UStream.
    Looking for high definition views of Earth from the Space Station?
    Live video from the International Space Station includes internal views when the crew is on-duty and Earth views at other times.
    https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/iss_ustream.html

14. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

Actually I don't know that commercial. I know most of them but have not seen this particular one. Knuckle dragger huh? What is the reference towards me anyways? Please don't go thinking I think the earth is flat. I just find it amazingly disturbing the earth cannot be proven as round. This means we have never been to space. Or at least not high enough for a picture.

15. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

If the earth was flat then the horizon should be blurry, not a crisp line. Plus how do you explain sunsets?

- - - Updated - - -

Try getting the phases of the moon on a flat disc.

16. democrack

democrack Banned

Buy a globe .

17. papabear

papabear Active Member

the sun is moving around the galaxy.

18. 10A

10A Chief Deplorable Past Donor

Still waiting for those pictures of the edge of the Earth. Also looking for pictures of other flat planets. Also tides won't work with a flat planet, not to mention seismic waves that reflect off the core of the Earth every day, or satellites like GPS and the Space Station staying in any kind of orbit around a flat plane.

19. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nothing can be proven beyond any doubt. Plenty of evidence could be provided to support the shape of the Earth but a lot of it would require some leg-work from yourself. The ability to circumnavigate the globe and the day/night differences on different sides would be strong examples. The curvature of the Earth is well established (which at least contradicts anything completely flat) and there are a whole load of more technical examples involving sun-light, gravity, stars and the like though these require some technical understanding and are open to misdirection (unintended or deliberate).

A spherical Earth has long been the accepted theory though. If you wish to challenge it and provide an alternative hypothesis, itÂ’s your responsibility to explain in sufficient detail and provide supporting evidence. Failing that, even if the evidence is only circumstantial, it remains supportive of a spherical Earth.

How could it be taught and assumed true for all these years, including the entire period of technical developments that specifically rely on the shape of the Earth, without it being true?

20. jrr777

jrr777 Well-Known Member

There is no technical development that requires any shape of the earth. If you can name one please do? And if you go to nasa.gov and use their curvature of the earth calculator, you will find by using their numbers, you can see things at distances that you would not be able to see because of the curvature. So no matter what, even if the earth is round, their numbers are completely off and must be recalculated. On this matter, people have went to youtube to prove this.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...7EFD4B487ADBFB4FFB777EFD4B487ADBFB4&FORM=VIRE

21. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Theres nothing to recalculate.
    It's been known that the Earth is a sphere since the time of the ancient Greeks.

22. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

Ok I'm not trying to be funny here but....

[​IMG]

Where exactly does the confusion lie?

Plus we can see other planets and moons and dwarf planets etc. They are also round, it would only stand to assume that we look like that too...

23. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

Actually the Sun is moving, quite fast. The Sun orbits around the galaxy at something like 800,000km per hour or something like that. I forgot the actual velocity. The Earth is just going with it which is why it seems like it's not moving.

24. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

The demonstrable fact that you can arrive to the east, by traveling to the west, proves that the earth is a sphere. In fact, if you travel far enough to the west, you can arrive at your original starting point.

25. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Any man-made orbiting satellites, especially GPS satellites which rely on accurate relative locations to work at all.

I couldn't find it as it happens but you started this thread demanding proof so you can't respond with casual claims - you need to provide details and your specific evidence.

I'm not listening to another 197 "proofs" from a droning idiot (or fraud). The first two were unsupported claims (with the "anything the appears to prove me wrong is faked" thrown in) and the third just demonstrated ignorance of how the atmosphere works (relating to the technical misdirection I mentioned).

You also skipped the day/night point. How come when I phone my friend in New Zealand from the UK, it can be day-time here but night-time there?