7,000-year-old sites discovered in Al-Jouf, KSA

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Margot2, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Al Jouf is also where they grow olive trees. Its in the northern part of the peninsula.. Palestines arrived some years ago to teach them how to make olive oil for commercially.

7,000-year-old sites discovered in Al-Jouf

http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/896456

JEDDAH: There have been several ancient sites discovered in Al-Jouf dating back to the Chalcolithic Era 7,000 years ago.

This is according to Hans-Georg Gebel, professor of Neolithic and Bronze Age Studies at the Free University of Berlin in Germany and head of the Saudi-German excavation team in Al Rajajeel.

Gebel made the announcement during a lecture organized by the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTNH), represented by the Center for Archaeological Studies and Research at the National Museum in Riyadh, an online media outlet reported.

He said some of the most important items found at the Rajajeel site included jewelry, necklaces, beads made of metal, shells, bones, utensils made of sandstone, and fan-shaped scrapers.

“The mission also found square-shaped sandstone with curved angles which were apparently moved to the oval burial chamber because it was found among a row of square stones in the interior walls of the chamber,” he said.

Gebel said the Rajajeel site was a central cemetery for the pastoral nomadic communities dating back from 6500 to 7000 years ago.

There were tombs of up to 4.5 meters high, most probably monuments for tribal leaders, Gebel was quoted as saying by the SCTNH in a press release.

There were two wells of about 4 to 5 meters deep dating back to about 5000 BC, with the likelihood of other similar ones also in the area. Extensive tests were conducted on the residues.

2. HBendor

HBendor New Member

So let us recap... olive oil was produced 7000 years ago and the water well dated from 5000 years ago.
    In other words the workers of the 7000 years oil producing olive did not drink or use waters at all for 2000 years... This is a good one... This post should have been started in the 'Humor section.'

3. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The have not completed excavations of the 7,000 year old site.. The water wells they have uncovered so far are 5,000 years old... The olive tree cultivation is a modern endeavor... that has been successful.. Palestinians have come to al Jouf to teach the locals about commercial production of olive oil.

This is not too far from where they found Pharaonic inscriptions dating to 3,000 BC.

4. stuntman

stuntman Well-Known Member

So according to you the Prehistoric man was a "Palestinian"?

5. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Natufian, I think.. The Natufians were living in caves in Galilee 11,000 years ago... Their religion seems to have been Shamanism and they buried their dead.

6. stuntman

The Prehisotirc man lived before 11,000 years ago like before 7,000 years ago. So according to you the Prehistoric man was a "Palestinain"?

7. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Well, they know a good deal about the Natufians who inhabited Jericho, Galilee and other parts of the Levant 11,000 years ago.. I take it that you think 7,000 years ago is "prehistoric"..

8. stuntman

Right, 7,000 years ago the Prehistoric man lived, like he lived 11,000 years ago.
    So once agian, do you think that the Prehisotic man was a "Palestinain"?

9. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The Palestinians were just Semites.. related to the Jews.

10. stuntman

And yet it is not what I asked you.
    Do you believe that the prehistoric man was a "Palestinain"?

11. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Palestinians are simply rural Jews who didn't leave and later converted to Christianity or Islam. Why don't you read up on the Natufians or Gobekli Tempe..

12. stuntman

Still didnt answer my question.
    You said that 7,000 years ago "Palestinians" existed, so I asked you if you believe that the prehistoric man is a "Palestinian"?

* I know about the Natufians (Hunter-Gatherers that lived between 12,500 and 10,200 years ago), and still the Natufians does not answer my question that was if you believe that the prehistoric man before 7,000 years ago was a "Palestinain".

13. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

You brought up Palestinians being prehistoric, not I.. Grow up.

14. stuntman

No I didnt. It's was you that brought the "Palestinains" up in the same sentence when you talked about the finds dated 7,000 years ago.

15. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Palestinians have always lived in Palestine.... Their ancestors didn't arrive from Germany or Russia or France.

16. stuntman

Still doesnt answer my question.
    I asked you if the people that lived 7,000 years ago were "Palestinians", which this question came up because of what you wrote and that you wrote "Palestinians" at the same sentence where you talked about the finds that been dated 7,000 years ago. I'm still waiting for your answer.

17. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Call them whatever you like.. The ancestors of the Palestinians always lived in Palestine.

18. stuntman

You the one who brought "Palestinains" in the same sentence where you talked about the finds in al-Jouf 7,000 years ago. So once again, do you believe that the "Palestinians" existed 7,000 years ago?

19. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Al Jouf is in northern Arabia.. and they have planted olive trees.. Palestinians have come to Arabia to teach the locals how to make olive oil.. AND, al Jouf is being excavated .. and they have found that it is 7,000 years old.

20. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Thirteen ancient Pre-Islamic towns have been discovered in Saudi Arabia up to the present day.[when?] These include Qaryat al-Fāw, the Al-Ukhdūd archeological area, Madā'in Ṣālih, Jubbah, Tārūt, Al-Shuwayḥaṭiyah, Thāj and Dūmat Al-Jandal.

There are still more ancient towns in Saudi Arabia, but little information is currently available on them. Saudi Arabia occupies a unique and distinctive geographic location, bridging civilizations between continents. In ancient times the Arabian peninsula served as a corridor for trade; therefore it saw the beginning of many civilizations, the relics of which are still evident today.

The Saudi government has recently established the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities, which is responsible for the preservation of these cities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_towns_in_Saudi_Arabia

Before King Salman was king.. back before he was crown prince.. he was the head of the Commission and Antiquities.

21. stuntman

So does according to you, "Palestinians" existed 7,000 years ago?

22. stuntman

If you gave this post to reinforce what you wrote to me erlier about the finding from 7,000 years ago, then I must ask:
    Do you believe that the prehistoric man that lived 7,000 years ago was an Arab in the Pre-Islamic period?

23. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Arabs have lived in Palestine since before Abraham.... and Canaanites were living in Arabia for 7,000 years.. The Nabateans were a group of Arab tribes that built cities at Petra and Ma'dain Saleh.. and there was another large migration with the collapse of the Marib.

24. stuntman

And you still dont naswer my question.
    Do you believe that the prehistoric man was a "Palestinain"?

25. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Why not? They lived in Palestine..

Read your Bible.. Arabs were in Jerusalem according to Ezra.. and Sargon 2 settled 4 Arab tribes on Samaria by 700 BC.