Sorry Jean.

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by cerberus, Apr 1, 2016.

1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

"Jean Charles de Menezes family loses European court fight"

Hey, who cares - he was only one of 'the little people'! What a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing scandal, and a cynical abuse of power and the perversion of the judicial systems here and in Brussels. For the first time in my life I'm ashamed of being English.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35927775

2. Sab

Sab Active Member

He was killed through mistaken identity. Had he been a a Muslim terrorist then it would have been right to shoot him. He wasn't. he was an illegal immigrant who ran when challenged. Its a tragedy but the result was correct. The family were happy enough to take money. Police shoot people all the time in Brazil so its clear they are just chancers.

3. cerberus

He didn't, he was shot 9 times whilst sitting down reading a newspaper and waiting for the train to start.

4. Sab

Sab Active Member

The shooting 9 times would have been correct had he been a terrorist. There is no doubt that he did forge a stamp in his passport.However this is not cause for him to be shot.

he appears to have got up and approached the police when challenged in the Train.

There is no doubt that the shooting was police incompetence based on misidentification, Compensation has been rightfully paid out. I see no possible reason why criminal charges should be brought against officers who shot who they believed was a terrorist. Terrorists SHOULD be shot 9 times to make sure they cannot detonate bombs.

5. cerberus

If you wish to continue this exchange please get your facts right. He was shot whilst sitting down. Let's take it from there.

6. Sab

Sab Active Member

No, My reports state that he was sitting when approached. He then got up an approached two policemen who grabbed him and forced him to the ground.

Anyway its irrelevant to me if he he did or not. If he was a terrorist and just sitting when he was grabbed it would still have been appropriate to shoot him 9 time. terrorists should be killed.

The problem was with the misidentification. The Met completeky (*)(*)(*)(*)ed up with the identification. The police Unit were told he was a terrorist and so did nothing wrong.

the fault is with the ID system and the met has paid compensation. No one committed a criminal act.

7. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

In other news, hell has frozen over because I agree with you!

Mistaken identity is not grounds for execution.

8. cerberus

Not surprising that he 'stood up' - so would you or I if we were quietly reading a newspaper and suddenly 6 plod in riot gear burst into the carriage brandishing firearms in our direction; it would be instinctive I would imagine. But I sort of take your point; they were misinformed from senior police levels thathe was a terrorist, but it was subsequently 'spun' to cover up the incompetence. But any way you look at it, it amounts to gross over-reaction by those who fired - one, or two at most, shots into the brain of this poor kid would have been enough to kill him. In fact if you're right that 'they forced him to the ground' (I didn't know that) ought to have been enough, and that alone proves the shooter was trigger-happy.

You mean the Met misappropriated public funds so that those to blame could escape censure and keep their jobs. Great! That's British jurisprudence in action!

Oh and EU jurisprudence also, seeing as the cretins endorsed the original hearing. Unless it was an unprincipled subterfuge to support the 'remain' camp in the referendum? Either way, he was obviously 'expendable' so far as the establishment was concerned.

9. Sab

Sab Active Member

yes it may have been instinctive but it was also what someone would do if they were attacking the police. It is certainly NOT a gross over reaction. The point is to KILL a terrorist who may be able to use a detonator if he is only wounded. this is why when dealing with suicide bombers the policy is to empty the entire clip into them. The shooter did exactly the right thing. The issue is mistaken identity for which the met is liable. If Menezes had been a terrorist then they did exactly the right thing.

What on earth are you talking about? The Met was liable because of their incompetence in identfying the right suspect so of course they have to pay from their own organisation.

'Jurisprudence' is not a synonym for 'judiciary'. You also seem to be utterly IGNORANT of the FACT that the EHCR has NOTHING to do with the EU.

10. cerberus

[​IMG] He was still holding his newspaper when he stood up. Do you think he was going to attack 5 gun-toting plod with it? [​IMG] I won't dignify the rest of your ridiculous diatribe by objectively replying to it in detail.

I've just noticed this on the dog chipping thread - 'I adore dogs': having already said that I simply cannot communicate with dog lovers, that speaks volumes to explain the obvious antagonism between us. It really is weird.

11. Sab

Sab Active Member

Ah you wont reply! So you are whining that I destroyed your petty arguments and now are having a flounce. That you hate dogs is just typical of the Brit hater/ Muslim lover..they hate dogs too.

12. cerberus

I rest my case! [​IMG] Actually stupido, I don't hate dogs otherwise I wouldn't have volunteered to be a police dog handler. It's their irresponsible, anti-social and obsessive owners who I hate, and that obviously applies in your case.

13. Sab

Sab Active Member

Oh dear. Little Cerberus ,who names himself after a dog but hates do lovers, is all butthurt because I showed he was ignorant of what Jurisprudence means and that the ECHR has nothing to do with the EU so he goes off for a sulk.

14. cerberus

Look Sab, why don't you run along and find one of your friends to talk to, whilst I talk to those with a similar IQ to mine? HonestJoe might be around for you to play with. I suggest that you ignore my posts in future or put me on your ignore list, and I'll do likewise. I don't discuss serious matters with children in real life and I'm not going to do so here either.

15. Sab

Sab Active Member

HILARIOUS

You dont even know what jurisprudence means. You have no idea how the ECHR is made up. You have no idea at all and you claim intellectual superiority? I outsmarted you and you are butthurt,

16. cerberus

Are you still here? :mrgreen: Look I don't give a (*)(*)(*)(*) how the 'ECHR is made up', so just sling your hook and troll someone else.

17. Sab

Sab Active Member

I realise you dont give a damn. You are ignorant and proud of your ignorance. You are ignorant of the fact that the ECHR is not connected in any way shape or form to the EU but are so thick you think it is because its got 'Europe' in the title.

Correcting the ignorant is not trolling. You should be thanking me for free lessons but being a neanderthal not only do you revel in your stupidity but beleive you actually have ownership of this forum.

poor little 3 headed terrier.

18. Baff

Baff Well-Known Member

The EHCR has very strong links to the EU. It's a requirement for any new state that wishes to join the EU to sign up to it.
    They are integrally linked.

19. Sab

Sab Active Member

No they aren;t

The ECHR includes a number of countries not in the EU who have no intention of joining.

20. Baff

Baff Well-Known Member

That's nice for them.
    Maybe we could become one of those countries too.

Or maybe.. maybe even.. we could leave both!
    Awesome.

21. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

I haven't heard "sling your hook" for years, my father used to use it when I was bugging him :grin:

Anyway back to the topic. Tragic and wrong. Not criminal. Inept and incompetent, yes. Not the shooting bit, that was effective, the lead-up. And I just know in my water that there was a cover-up of the bosses involved. The legality of the operation was a bit sus as well. Not sure of the exact details but I'm wondering about the legality of a senior officer telling another to shoot someone. All very murky this one. But again. a terrible tragedy.

22. cerberus

Agreed. but I still say one bullet into his head would have been enough, rather than 9. A young innocent man cut down in his prime - may he rest in peace.