US Navy Officer Charged With Espionage.....

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by MMC, Apr 11, 2016.

1. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Designated a National Security Case. He became a naturalized citizen in 2008. What say ye?

Taiwan Born Naval Officer Charged With Espionage .....

[​IMG]

A U.S. Naval officer who has been charged with espionage has been identified as Lt. Cmdr. Edward C. Lin, a Taiwanese-born flight officer assigned to a Naval reconnaissance unit. Lin was arrested eight months ago but his case did not become public until a pre-trial hearing this past Friday that will determine whether he will face a court martial.

Lin is currently assigned to Commander Patrol and Reconnaissance Group, a maritime patrol and reconnaissance unit in Norfolk that provides airborne anti-submarine warfare and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance using P-8A Poseidon aircraft, P-3 Orion aircraft and MQ-4 unmanned aircraft.

According to the charge sheets, the officer has been charged with five counts of espionage and attempted espionage. The documents allege that on "divers occasions" the officer did "with intent or reason to believe it would be used to the advantage of a foreign nation, attempt to communicate SECRET information relating to the national defense to a representative of a foreign government."

He was also charged with four counts of a violation of a Lawful General Order by “wrongfully transporting material classified as SECRET." There were also seven counts of violating Article 134 of the UCMJ for communicating defense information "to a person not entitled to receive said information," patronizing a prostitute and adultery. These specifications also note that he signed a leave request with a false address "rather than the actual foreign destination."

The case has been designated a national security case, which is why the Navy’s Fleet Forces Command is the convening authority.....snip~

http://abcnews.go.com/US/taiwan-born-naval-officer-charged-espionage/story?id=38295377

2. tidbit

tidbit New Member Past Donor

This is probably the tip of the iceberg. The US military is actively recruiting people from China and other Asian countries. They serve so many years (2?) and then can become naturalized citizens, at which time they become officer material. Chinese women are being recruited to enlist in the Army.

I think it is asking for trouble.

3. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Not just from Asian countries either.....also from the ME. I don't like it and it only opens up more possible problems.

4. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Do you think Obama and Valerie Jarrett are Islamist sleeper cells or should we just give Obama the benefit of the doubt that he's just incompetent as President ?

Ever read the "Cox Report" ?

There are a lot of Chinese immigrants in America, many have been naturalized as American citizens and while illegal aliens from Mexico and Central America have their anchor babies the Chinese have their parachute babies.

The "Cox Report" say that up to 10% of those Chinese immigrants might be sleeper cells for the chi-coms the Peoples Liberation Army. (PLA)

Cox Report: -> http://www.house.gov/coxreport/chapfs/over.html

The Evolution of Espionage: Beijing’s Red Spider Web ->
    http://www.jamestown.org/programs/chinabrief/single/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5060&no_cache=1#.VwvtB-ArLnA

5. Commander JT Verity MBA

Commander JT Verity MBA Banned

Right, as if all of the Jews in the system haven't been selling to China the whole time.

6. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

I would go with incompetent and feckless. Mayor Daley fired Jarrett. Always did say she was incompetent.

7. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

This guy is a poster child for the death penalty. Treason must always be punished by the death penalty.

But do you have any facts that prove that we are "recruiting people from China". BTW this POS was from Taiwan which when I was a kid was called Nationalist China which is not Red China.

Please share any proper links that you have regarding military recruitment of Red Chinese or other types of Chinese.

8. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

Barbarians at the gates.

9. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Nah.....inside the gates. Peter Gabriel says Games without Frontiers, War without Tears. [​IMG]

10. APACHERAT

11. PARTIZAN1

You have got to be kidding or trolling which is it ?

12. PARTIZAN1

13. JoakimFlorence

JoakimFlorence Banned

So will the media get to know what the evidence against him is, or only that he is being charged?

This sounds to me like redundant overlapping charges for the same criminal act. Since each violation can theoretically carry a high potential maximum sentence, that means that, between the prosecution and judge, the law could effectively allow them to impose a life sentence for even rather low level transgressions.

Really wish people would take notice of this issue in the law and try to have something done to change it.

14. tidbit

Links:
    http://www.scmp.com/news/china-insider/article/1293344/chinese-women-join-us-army-obtain-green-cards
    https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/naturalization-through-military-service-fact-sheet

I can't find the original article I read several months ago. But considering all the spying by Chinese in this country over the last two decades, I am surprised they have offered US citizenship to Chinese nationals who serve in the military. I would bet the Tiwainese (sp) national/US citizen that got caught spying recently earned his citizenship in just this way. It really is unbelievable the contortions the US goes through for multiculturalism.

15. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Well we know what some of the evidence is against him.....and once there is a result to the case. I am sure they will report it due to the serious nature that it is.

The documents allege that on "divers occasions" the officer did "with intent or reason to believe it would be used to the advantage of a foreign nation, attempt to communicate SECRET information relating to the national defense to a representative of a foreign government." ....snip~

16. tidbit

He needs to electrocuted like they electrocuted the Rosenbergs. Asians are constantly spying on corporate America and the US military. What is it with this country that it doesn't understand about Asians and spying. Wen Ho Lee, a Taiwanese, got caught stealing nuclear weapons secrets from Los Alamos. Everyone knew he was guilty but they didn't have enough evidence to convict. So, we apologized to him, and gave him $2 million. He then wrote a book
    about his terrible ordeal of being accused of spying.

17. PARTIZAN1

You claimed that the US military is recruiting Chinese to serve in the military. I do not see where there is active re ruining by the US military of Chinese. It just does not make sense. Why would we.

18. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Easy....trial...if guilty, execution.

19. PARTIZAN1

Still no link to shown that the US military is recruiting Chinese. Where are the links ?

20. tidbit

The US military obviously made the rules that stated foreign nationals could earn US citizenship if they joined the military. I would say that is recruiting non-US citizens into the military.

Why would they? One word: multiculturalism

21. PARTIZAN1

The military does not make the rules regarding citizenship. The rules for citizenship were made long ago and are administered by the The United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) . The INS is not and never was an agency of the DOD but was an agency of the Justice Department back when I was naturalized as a US citizen.

I hate to say this but I have to: You sir know not of what you speak.

22. APACHERAT

No, you're confused with Iranain chick. she looks like a commie *****.

Her heart is with Iran. That's understandable, most people have an attraction to the mother country they were born in.

But she has chi-com facial features. It may be from the the indoctrination she received when her parents dragged her to Chicago in 1961 to begin her commie indoctrination.

23. tidbit

First of all, I am not a sir.

The United States military has seen an increase in Chinese women enlisting in the Army in hopes that serving will help them gain citizenship under the Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest program.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/chinese-women-enlist-us-army-expedite-citizenship-process-1363041

Whether it is the INS or a program called Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest program, just the fact that Chinese and Taiwanese nationals are wandering around in our military is cause for concern. Whether it is corporate spying or military spying, what is it about Asians and spying, that people like you don't get? How many benefits of the doubt do they get before we err on the side of caution, and keep them out of our military?

Would China ever let a non-Asian American into the upper ranks of their military? Never! What would they do if they found out an American was transferring military secrets out of China. If they caught him/her they would probably execute him/her on the spot.

You sir, are an Asian apologist even to the point of ignoring the fact that many of them put the security of the US in jeopardy.

It is amazing that so many people on this site will defend the Asians or ignore threads about Asians that do not shine a favorable light on them. I started a thread about Asians cheating on their SATs and on their college applications; or they cheat on national exams like nursing exams. I had very good references and links; but I don't think the thread was even posted. If it was, I got not one reply. Now a plethora of Asians have been caught spying on the US, and no one wants to talk about it.

Whatever. But the US will pay for recruiting Asians into our best universities, and into our military.

24. APACHERAT

Lt.Cmd. Lin falls under "other type of Chinese."

Chin is a product of radical leftist political correctness when it was decided that America was to white, to European looking and the immigration flood gates were opened wide in the name of PC diversity.

American citizenship is nothing but a piece of paper today under cultural-marxism. It's actually for sale, how do you think a Nazi collaborator (George Soros) became an American citizen ?

No American citizen George Soros would mean a Democrat party that put America first. There would be no Moveon.org, No Media Matters and no war on Fox News. Obama would still be a community organizer back on the South Side of Chicago and Hillary Clinton would still be sleeping on someones couch.

Here's what the USNI is reporting.

April 11, 2016 11:51 AM • Updated: April 11, 2016 5:35 PM
    What will be the Obama White House response ?
    Probably like what we have seen for the past seven years.

Lt. Cmdr. Edward Chieh-Liang Lin "served the United States with honor and distinction."

25. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

If he's found guilty shoot him.