ABRAHAMIC GOD of the BIBLE, is the Creator

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Tosca1, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

This thread will provide evidences that the God of Abraham (the God of the Bible) is the same God that Created the Universe. He is also what is called, the Designer.

The Bible - which is authored by the Creator - will be heavily cited.

One of the evidences is the fact that the Creator would undoubtedly have intimate knowledge of His creation.
    The baker who baked the cake would of course know what's in it....nothing different than the Creator of the universe would of course know everything about it.

The very first statement of the Old Testament - Genesis 1 - is an official declaration by the Creator.

Genesis 1

The Beginning
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

That first statement informs us that:

1. the universe had a beginning

http://www.harvardhouse.com/universe_began.htm

......and yet, that fact was declared thousands of years ago (verbally passed by "primitive" ancient men for who knows how long before it got finally written down, on paper), without the use of any technology, I must add.

2. it was Created

The NAS had officially stated:

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/site/faq.html

3. the Creator is God. God of Abraham. The Biblical God.

All the above facts were stated in the first introductory statement of the Bible.
    So logically....who would be the Creator other than the God of the Bible?

2. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

Get used to this phrase: CUMULATIVE or CORROBORATING Evidence

Read more at http://www.yourdictionary.com/cumulative#aScmCZiqipZ1pmmc.99

This thread will present cumulative or corroborating evidences.

3. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

As soon as you provide evidence vs. opinion....we can begin tabulating accumulation.

4. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

If you are going to rely on the Bible as proof you must first proof the Bible is accurate.

See above.

The fact that the Bible states the Earth was created and science says that Earth was created does not lead to the conclusion that God created Earth.

The fact that some scientist believe God created the Earth is not evidence that God created the Earth.

That conclusion is not proved by the evidence.

You've presented no evidence the Bible is accurate.

You've presented no evidence that God created the Earth.

And even if it were proved that God created the Earth, you've presented no proof that the Abrahamic God created the Earth.

Zeus, the flying spaghetti monster, or the big bang.

robini123 likes this.
  5. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

You have a right to you own opinion but if you are claiming that you will present evidence then please do so.

6. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

Hold your horses, guys. Please....don't rush me. This is heavy stuff.

I will be giving evidences, as promised. But you better be reading and directly addressing my arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Although there is no direct observational evidence as to the origin of the universe - no direct observational evidence as to how exactly it was created - we now have a good knowledge about the early history of the universe and the laws that govern it - thanks to science, and to advanced technology - which provide us with indirect evidence that a super-intelligent Agent designed the universe.
    Intelligent Designers don't necessarily call the Designer, God......but followers of the Abrahamic religions, do.

2. FINE-TUNING

The consistency of the physical law of the universe is evidence for having been planned/designed, and put in place.

Just the fact that we're situated in the suburbs of the Milky Way, where it's not crowded thus star collisions are rare, sort of reminds me of
    the first rule for a successful business. LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION.

The nature of the universe is the best evidence for Design and how it came to be. One of the fundamental properties of the universe, dark energy (or the cosmological constant), was discovered late in the last century....and we still add to our knowledge as new studies continue.

The Big Bang - with its dramatic hyper inflationary expansion (cause of it is unknown), but it's required for life to be possible in the universe.
    The masses of quarks that has to be fine-tuned in order to achieve a universe that contains any matter at all.
    Then we have to consider the large-just right size of the universe - exactly the size it must be for life to exist at all.

We have just the right laws of physics,too. Of course.

Although it would be possible that one or two constants might require unusual fine-tuning by sheer accident or chance, it would be virtually impossible that all of them would require such fine-tuning.

There are some physicists who have indicated that any of a number of different physical laws would be compatible with our present universe. However, it is not just this current state of the universe that must be compatible with the physical laws.

Even more exacting are the initial conditions of the universe in its initial stage, since even minor deviations would have completely disrupted the process.
    For example, adding a grain of sand to the weight of the current universe would have no effect. However, adding even this small amount of weight at the beginning of the universe would have resulted in its collapse early in its infancy.

http://wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/site/faq.html

The Big Bang happened everywhere! And yet everything was set, and everything settled in place, so finely-tuned!

Have you noticed? All those above that explained about the origin of the universe have numerous evidences that support one another?

Remember the terms I told you to get used to? Cumulative or corroborating evidences?

7. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

There will be numerous evidences given, and no doubt there will be attempts at rebuttals for each and every one at them.
    They're listed not in the order of any ranking.

But at the end of the day.....the main evidence that I'll give - there's no getting around it if we're going to use logic - is the fact that all the evidences for God that will be given, are "CUMULATIVE EVIDENCE."

Cumulative evidence(s) reinforces one another (evidences) thereby producing an effect stronger than any part by itself.
    It's synonymous with, "corroborative evidence," which confirms, or adds to previous evidence.

Just by the evidences given so far - it has its own cumulative evidences.

Having cumulative evidences is evident on various differing individual evidence(s) that will be given to you.

There is a system in place here that deals with evidences for the Abrahamic God, by the obvious looks of it.
    Most, if not all, evidences that will be given to you have cumulative evidences supporting each and every one of them.

I see a PATTERN! Which btw, is another evidence for DESIGN.

8. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The "Bible" comes from many sources. For instance: Parts of the Book of Daniel comes from a North Syrian story dating to 1500 BC.

The tale of Noah's Ark comes from ancient Babylon and comes from a flood of the Euphrates River Basin about 2900 BC. The Ten Commandments come from the Code of Hammurabi and the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

If you use the Bible as proof of God, its important to know the source of the stories.

9. atheiststories

atheiststories Active Member

The cosmological constants are not evidence. You cannot simply observe something and call it fine tuned. If you find a nice spot to fish, why would you assume that god made that spot? Occam's razor. Furthermore you are confusing cause and effect. You are saying the universe could only be here if it were fine tuned. But if the tuning were different, then a different type of created might beven making the same mistake.

10. atheiststories

Consider that the bible has never been used to accurately predict the future. You can not tell me what will happen tomorrow or in five years based on the bible. You can only go back after it happened and change your mind.

11. Electron

Electron Well-Known Member Past Donor

I see horses and bunnies in the clouds. ;)

12. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

Who knows for how long the narratives in the Bible have been VERBALLY passed before finally getting compiled and printed?

http://www.gotquestions.org/Moses-Hammurabi-code.html

13. atheiststories

That is not an argument in favor of the bible. That is an argument against it.

14. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

Isn't it odd how an omnipotent God would tell the story of the Earth, yet only relate to the culture of a very small piece of the world?

No, "Book of Red Feather," or "Book of Ming," or "Book of Tosca," - almost as if such a God were confined by the knowledge
    and experiences of a tribe of men who had never traveled more than a short distance from home.

Was God afraid of water? Did He get sea-sick?

Inquiring minds want to know.

15. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

Continuation. I got cut off by edit time.

There are numerous great flood stories from ancient text and ancient cultures.....quite similar in that 1) an ark, or a boat was/were used for escape 2) chosen people managed to escape. Why is that?

-----------------------------------------------------

You should know the source, and be able to explain more why you think the similarities with the narratives of the Bible is proof that the Bible is not credible. After all, narratives and stories were verbally passed in ancient time before they made it into writing.

If there are similarities....how do you know they didn't all come from the same source - the same GOD -

except that their narratives had branched off away from the true God (and some end up worshipping false gods).........

........and because of that, God had decided to give mankind the Bible - to set the record straight once and for all?

May I ask: where are all those ancient text now? What Book had survived thousands of years, and still remain very much relevant today?

If a book or text is supposed to be from God, surely God will ensure that His Book will endure the test of time.

Thus it's laughable when some ignorant minds dare to compare or lump the Biblical God with Zeus, or any other gods.

That's one of the aim of this thread: to show that the Abrahamic God of the Bible, is the only One and true God.

16. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

Explain.

17. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

What stops Him? What limits Him?

If He wants to relate the story of Earth to only one individual.....If He wants to relate the story of Earth to a bug.......or of He doesn't want to give any history of the earth at all....who are you to question the purpose, or the mind of the OMNIPOTENT Creator?

He doesn't have to seek, or ask for anyone's approval.

18. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

The Bible did make hundreds of prophecies that had come true.

When we talk of prophetic prophecies - we're not talking of prophecies that come true within a couple of days or a month of it coming true.
    We're talking YEARS into the future! There were at least a couple of hundred prophecies for the Messiah written centuries or a thousand years, by several prophets from different time-lines - and they were all fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

My opinion, science is giving us understanding today of what was written thousands of years ago by prophets about the universe.
    Those prophets must've felt baffled or mystified by what they were writing at the time......since perhaps they had no idea at all what they meant
    (unless they were given visions). I think that's the God-given role of science.

19. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

Well. isn't that just convenient. God just "didn't want" to include any stories or characters from the rest of the world he created. Rather He chose too relate
    to the world exactly as if he was't an omnipotent God, but just a group of mortal men living in a radius of several hundred miles ...

Real stretch of the old "powers" of god-hood, be that one.

20. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

Convenient or not....you don't agree with His methods. What can I say?

I'm not interested in your opinion........if you're not going to address the actual evidences that were given.

21. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

FINE TUNING to make earth fit for life

Isaiah 45:12
    It is I who made the earth
    and created mankind on it.[/B]

Isaiah 45:18
    For this is what the Lord says—
    he who created the heavens,
    he is God;
    he who fashioned and made the earth,
    he founded it;
    he did not create it to be empty,
    but formed it to be inhabited

Hebrews 1:10
    And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands

2 Peter 3:5
    For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God,

Psalm 115:16
    The heavens are the Lord's heavens, but the earth he has given to the children of man.

Jeremiah 27:5
    “It is I who by my great power and my outstretched arm have made the earth, with the men and animals that are on the earth, and I give it to whomever it seems right to me.

Proverbs 8
    Before the mountains had been shaped,
    before the hills, I was brought forth,
    before he had made the earth with its fields,
    or the first of the dust of the world.

Nehemiah 9:6
    “You are the Lord, you alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them; and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you.

Among all those verses, this is a stand out because of that statement about the Law of God being perfect.
    Since it talks about the heavens, it is within context that the "Law" referred to here would the what we now know as physical laws in the finely-tuned universe.

Psalm 19:1
    The Law of the Lord Is Perfect
    To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

19 The heavens declare the glory of God,
    and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

22. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

There is zero evidence for a world wide flood.. China, Anatolia, Egypt, Europe, South America had no world wide flood... 11,000 year old civilizations were not flooded.. Even Jericho which is thousand feet below sea level was never flooded.

23. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The poetry of Psalms was borrowed from the north coast Canaanites almost verbatim.

24. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

http://www.geraldschroeder.com/FineTuning.aspx

25. Tosca1

Tosca1 Well-Known Member

I was talking about similarities of great flood narratives from various cultures of ancient times. We don't know if they meant WORLD-WIDE....but obviously, they're talking about a flood that's traumatic enough to be imprinted in their minds and narratives about it, be passed from generation to generation.

Anyway, I'm not here to prove about the world-wide flood.

I'm here to prove that the Abrahamic God of the Bible, is the Creator.