How Hillary Became a Hawk - New York Times

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Horhey, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Horhey

Horhey Well-Known Member

Your Honor, the People rest.

2. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

Trump wants to defeat our enemies. Hillary and her cohorts want to continuously create them.

3. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

as usual the new york times misses the point entirely.

The clinton foundation accepts donations worldwide sometimes from the most repressive countries. As part of the payback for those donations Hillary uses her influence in the US. A more hawkish US gives her more bargaining power as she can use military strikes as currency.

The entire thing is purely financial and not ideologically based.

4. Horhey

Horhey Well-Known Member

You're right that it has little to do with ideology but there is no belligerence involved. The Foundation recieves money from longtime U.S. client states, including many authoritarian regimes. Relations that go back to the 1940s. She's just more hawkish than most establishment imperialists.

5. MVictorP

MVictorP Well-Known Member

Even worse is the fact that she might well be elected as a Democrat.

I can't see a true Sanders supporter voting for Wall Street Hillary - but then, I can't see them voting at all, unless they pinch their noses real hard.

6. Horhey

Horhey Well-Known Member

I'm not voting. So when carries out her program I can say, 'I didn't vote for her.'

How do I know she's an imperialist? I've layed it out here many times:

Hillary's Coup in Honduras

Hillary's 'Tunnel Vision' on Libya

[​IMG]

Channeling Dick Cheney, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton railed against "growing Iranian, Chinese and Russian influence in the Western Hemisphere," which has ostensibly encouraged "leftist leaders like Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez, Bolivia’s Evo Morales and Nicaragua’s Daniel Ortega to promote anti-U.S. sentiment and rely on aid from China, Iran and Russia." She singled out Nicaragua as particularly dangerous. "We are looking to figure out how to deal with [President Daniel] Ortega" as "the Iranians are building a huge embassy in Managua," she said. "You can only imagine what it’s for" - A familiar tale:

The tale of an Iranian beachead in Nicaragua went the way of it's Soviet counterpart and Iraq having links with Al Qaeda. New pretexts will likely be introduced in the future. Stay vigilant.

7. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

Great link--this is what we so narrowly avoided.

8. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

And her war profiteers friends to profit.
    Trump has attacked war profiteers as neither Bill, nor Hillary, nor Obama have.
    Her money coming from Wall St. and not Main St. gotta tell you somethin'

9. Fisherguy

Fisherguy Well-Known Member

Trump wants to defeat Democracy. Tell the truth and shame the devil.

10. clg311

clg311 Well-Known Member

I was against Bush's wars, Obama's wars and Hillary's. Both parties have blood on their hands. Trump spoke out against nation-building in the campaign but has appointed Neo-Cons to his cabinet so I don't see any change to our bloodthirsty foreign policy. Plus his racist and cowardly scapegoating of Muslims and immigrants has made the world a more dangerous place, not to mention his support for the war on drugs.

11. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

To feed the war industries, in which a particular group of old money elites are invested in. Perpetual war for perpetual as coined by Gore Vidal in his stance against the Vietnam war. A money maker. Which was much earlier busted out by Gen. Butler in War is a Racket.

As Dick Morris wrote, both the Clintons changed drastically once they got closer to the white house and then even more once they got in. Their association with the old money Bush family, going back to when Bush Sr. was head of the CIA, sent the Clintons into robber baron neoliberalism and neocon foreign policy, and these two philosophies are a natural match for both are in the interests of that small group of old money families, who never lost their power, although FDR did rein them in. They literally laid in wait for decades until the right president came along and the right congress to begin dismantling the FDR economy and regulations which had more or less restrained this group of elites from damaging our economy in their own interests.

Clinton enabled this to happen, when he moved into neoliberalism, and then Bush Jr. brought in the New American Century neocons to direct foreign policy which benefitted these elites. The end of the cold war did not bring the peacetime prosperity, modernizing our infrastructure, or a peace time economy.

12. Thehumankind

Thehumankind Well-Known Member

I only know her during the elections,
    but now, she does not have even a miniature blink in my radar.
    I think she already knew that she completely lost the presidency and no sense at all why she would indulge herself politically.
    An elegant submission will always gather respect.

13. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

Just before Clinton are president. If NAFTA is build are only Johnson she's biggest treathenings.

But nothing wrong with Clinton's replace in election night about seven years republican Ted Cruz.

Ted Cruz are fan of no Abortion. Social and Liberal politicians and remains part of the EU and NATO.

14. Capitalism

Capitalism Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wait, how is trump racist towards Muslims?

How is trump racist agains "immigrants"?

What support for the war on drugs?

I feel like I've seen you on a SJW meltdown compilation before.

15. Ole Ole

Ole Ole Banned

I think American presentialy has to alert on muslims before they are vise back. Well ?