Great Moments in Race Hoaxes

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Lil Mike, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

It's been my observation that if there is a news story about some racial incident on a college campus, if you follow it long enough, chances are it will be unveiled as a hoax.

Black students connected in SU racist drawing

The students identified as the people behind a recent racist drawing found at Salisbury University’s library are black, school officials confirmed Tuesday.

The image, found April 10 on a whiteboard in Blackwell Library, showed a stick figure being hung and labeled with a racial slur. Underneath was the hashtag “#whitepower.”

The university confirmed Tuesday, April 26, the students involved in the incident were black, spokesman Richard Culver wrote in an email. The university would not provide names of the students, citing the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

This is pretty common, but I'm at a loss to really understand it. What's the motivation for this?

2. Doofenshmirtz

Doofenshmirtz Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lets face it. Racism has been diminishing as are the benefits of being a victim. If Sharpton, Jackson, NAACP, and the like are to survive, it will be necessary to make racism appear much more severe than it really is. I believe this is likely the reason behind the message left on the white board by a black student.

I think the punishment should be the same as if a white student left the racist message. Equality!!!!