Captain America Civil War.

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by AboveAlpha, Apr 28, 2016.

1. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

I have to admit I am a big MARVEL fan as I used to read Avengers comics when I was a kid and it is nice to see the Marvel comic book hero's on the big screen.

But what is so impressive is not just the U.S. Fans but Marvel Fans worldwide especially in China.

The Chinese have a huge appetite for American movies especially the Marvel one's and Captain America is a Chinese fan favorite along with Iron Man.

One would never think a comic book hero wearing a red, while and blue outfit named Captain America would be so loved in China but he is and the Chinese have debated this fact a great deal.

AA

2. scarlet witch

scarlet witch Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think it's the spandex, although his shield does resemble a wok ....

3. AboveAlpha

LOL!!!!

A WOK!! LOL!!!

The ONLY issue I have with the new Marvel Movie is that the comic book character....SCARLET WITCH....is not wearing the very revealing costume she does in the comic books!

AA

4. MVictorP

MVictorP Well-Known Member

Cap American is liked worldwide because he is a "good American". Cap America doesn't hesitate going in the opposite way of his government: He is an idealist, and his own man. The costume he wears says "American Dream" instead of "Manifest Destiny", unlike other flagsuited heroes (*coughSupermancough*).

Cap especially makes a great team with Iron Man, who can be considered the Republican answer to Cap's Democrat vision.

5. AboveAlpha

Exactly.

American's do not like Authority.

Not at all.

Cap's ability to do the right thing and place what he knows in his heart is right above orders is quintessential American as such an idea and such behavior ORIGINATED here.

Iron Man is the other side of the same coin.

He is deadly logical....and unlike Cap look's at the NUMBERS.

AA

6. MVictorP

I think she was the nicest face in the preceding Avengers movie.

The Vision used to be a favorite of mine, for his Pierrot side and awesome powers. And on this subject, I think that the fact that he was turned into a generic flying brick in the last Avengers was a sad decision: The character has very "cinematographic" powers, like intangibility and density increase (imagine the groung around him getting cracked as he increase his mass). I still don't get why they were ignored. 'Was played by a very fine actor, in any case.

7. AboveAlpha

Just so you know....CAP would be the Republican and Tony Stark the Democrat.

AA

8. AboveAlpha

I like him playing the writer Chaucer in a Nights Tale.

Good fun.

They just introduced him in the last Marvel Movie and I think they can only do so much in the time allotted....BUT....Captain America Civil War has been critically acclaimed to be the best superhero movie of all time.

It very well could pass the money taken in by the first Avengers.

AA

9. MVictorP

Yeah, well maybe Cap is a bit conservative since his values are those of the 40s... But in the comics, he got out with a hippie chick!

I remember a great Cap story: somebody told him he would make a great President; Cap indeed wanted to change many things, but he thought that his "Captain America" avatar should be universal rather than partisan: He ended up doing door-to-door campaign for his candidate of choice, as citizen Steve Rodgers instead of Cap. I was impressed by the idealism.

Tony Stark's concerns are primarly his own: He is more individualistic than Cap, and like you wrote, he's the one who checks the numbers: I's say he would ressemble a Libertarian Republican.

Neither character are caricature - they are subtle like only such long-lived creations can be.

10. AboveAlpha

Just to let you know....I have been all over the world including China and although the Chinese Communist Party does it's best to try to keep Foreigners out of Rural China I have spent time there.

Rural China is poor....and I mean DIRT POOR....and unfortunately the Chinese Communist Leadership which now finds itself IRRELEVANT in a Capitalist Society does NOT want to relinquish power and goes though great lengths to keep itself in control of China.

They are CLUELESS.

This is one of the reasons WHY Captain America is so popular in China.

He does naturally what the majority of Chinese only wish they could without ending up with a bullet in their head with the bill for the bullet sent to their relatives to pay.

I am not kidding about such a bill.

AA

11. scarlet witch

Yes, she's very... (staring at her chest)... powerful
    dd0b79302bd593bef8d3a4c7c9a6e14f-scarlet-witch.jpg

I prefer the new one, although her outfit is not practical, I owe several pairs of thigh hi goth stockings and believe me, if she battles anyone dressed like that she's going to flash the entire neighbourhood.
    elizabeth-olsen-as-scarlett-witch2.jpg

Now this is more to my liking...
    naEn1je.jpg

12. AboveAlpha

I have to defer to the whole Red and Breast showing outfit!!

If I didn't what possible credit would I be to my gender?

AA

13. scarlet witch

Fine but she's going to have to take that thing off her head... then again maybe it's to keep her balanced, she could topple forward

14. AboveAlpha

LOL!!!

Yeah...she is not exactly physically balanced is she??

The head gear would have to go I admit.

But the red body suit....I would have her wear that!

AA

15. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Would you say that some positive anti-corruption moves have been made in China over the past months?

I read what sounded like a little bit of good news for the Falun Gong.

16. AboveAlpha

Dennis....those Anti-Corruption Moves are designed to eliminate any and all competition existing against the Chinese Communist Leaderships Black Market Activities!! LOL!!

So the message here is....WE WILL STAMP OUT CORRUPTION!!! THAT IS COMPETING WITH OUR CORRUPT ACTIVITIES!! LOL!!

AA

17. DennisTate

Too bad........

I was kind of hoping that some real improvements were perhaps being made.....

http://www.politicalforum.com/curre...rvesting-passivity-equivalent-complicity.html

Regarding Organ Harvesting, Passivity Is Equivalent to Complicity

This is a powerful article regarding what has been happening to the Falun Gong people of China.

18. DennisTate

Scarlet Witch...... I am a little bit psychic......

For example.... when I met our Member of Parliament Mr. Sean Fraser at the Liberal Party nomination meeting......

I got hit with the role.....

"Ambassador"

Although my wife really put pressure on me to vote for his rival... Mr. Fred Delorey in the October election.....

I could not do that and cast my ballot for Mr. Sean Fraser... even though I was only a couple of months away
    from leaving Canada's Liberal Party and joining Mr. Fred Delorey's Conservatives.......

anyway...... I have this powerful feeling that you.......

could get together five or ten or fifteen friends or family members.....

and I could pass you footage from here in eastern Canada..... that will cost you nothing.....

but you and your Scarlet Witch film production company..... or coop... or kibbutz......

might just be able to make some serious bucks off what you produce...........

My apologies if that idea is offensive to you...... I still have that image of all that missing grout in my head I guess????!!!

LOL!

.... Oh... I should ask.... are you a Beatles fan?

I have read that even Charlie Manson liked that White Album!