The Politics of Sexuality.

Discussion in 'History and Culture' started by AboveAlpha, Apr 29, 2016.

1. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

I have to admit I have been of late endlessly humored watching how many people over 60 years old struggle with understanding, identifying and even just dealing with the sexual freedom currently exhibited by younger folks.

Now such sexuality has it's up's and down's but kids seem to be capable of handling it better than the generations that came before them.

Girls and Women have COMPLETELY shed their once dictated to them shyness and cautious behavior and have become lions in the bedroom.

As well boys and men have come to understand that allowing women such freedom and not attempting to limit or condemn their sexual approach only leads to great sexual benefits for the guys!

However many 60 plus American's are not only horrified with such behavior they actually feel THREATENED and just last week I had quite the heated debate with a friend of mines neighbor who not only is dead fast against the feminist movement but as well is so fearful of such change he actually suggested that the FBI should keep tabs of Feminist Leaders to keep their subversive talk and activities in check!! LOL!!!

Now I am a large and in well above average physical condition man who has NEVER had any issue with the feminist movement and although I have had a few female grad students at a bar just outside of Smith College look and act with a bit of aggression because I convinced the very pretty bartender to change the bars TV channel and put on the Bruins/Canadians Hockey game....."OH THE NEANDERTHAL HORROR OF HOCKEY!!"....LOL!!!......I was able within just a few minutes change their aggressive and judgmental opinion and stance by simply killing them with kindness and a good smile.

Fact is women who are strong advocates of FEMINISM tend to have at some point in their lives been mistreated by a man.

They put up walls and even though they might seem to be a B!#@H....in reality each one of those Hetero Girls is a woman who DESPERATELY want's the love, trust and affection of a MAN.

I find it SILLY IN THE EXTREME.....for any man to feel somehow threatened by a woman feminist or otherwise.

AA

2. WJV

WJV Banned

So you are a big fan of the Slut Walks are you? What do you think of the Shameless Sluts group of Australia? have you heard of them?

Dont you think it is a bad thing to encourage females to have no shame? Where is the fun in that?

And females have become "lions" in the bedroom have they? <Rule 2>

3. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I disagree that women who are feminists have been mistreated by a man. In my experience most of us were encouraged by our fathers to aim high.

4. AboveAlpha

What I can't understand is WHY any man would want a woman that is nothing more than a YES SIR girl?

Although something like that might be fun in the sack I prefer a knowledgeable woman who is a partner NOT a stepping stone!!

And any guy who FEARS the concept of FEMINISM really isn't a MAN big M....at all but a man...small m...or boy!!

As an Alpha Male and in my case an Above Alpha....Alpha Male....I and those MEN like me laugh our asses off at those men and boys who get all worked up and fear Feminism!! LOL!!

AA

5. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Do you have any daughters?

6. AboveAlpha

No I do not but if I did I would teach them EVERYTHING I know especially hand to hand combat!! LOL!!

AA

- - - Updated - - -

I can tell you right now if I had daughters they would have me wrapped around their fingers because there is NOTHING I would not do for them!!

AA

7. LibChik

LibChik Well-Known Member

I've always thought it silly that anyone thinks that being a feminist has anything to do with men at all. You hear nonsense all the time about how feminists hate men, about how they want to be like men, how they've been treated by men...blah, blah, blah.

lol...Feminism has zero to do with men. Its completely a factor of how women want to be treated fairly and not discriminated against because of gender. That's pretty much it.

In return for fair treatment, I'll act fairly...ie, won't think my gender allows me to leech financially off of men or take financial advantage of men. As a woman, I have the same responsibilities to get educated, to pull my weight in a relationship including financially and to treat everyone else (my husband, my kids, my coworkers) with the same level of respect as I expect to have.

As for the sexual crap...people are individuals...sexuality is an individualistic trait and has nothing to do with whether a woman is a feminist or not. And people have the private right to express themselves sexually as they deem fit for their own lives...as long as its with other consenting adults. To each their own. All people should feel free to do what works for them in their sexual lives.

8. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I agree.. Feminism has nothing to do with men, however I do think that having a loving father makes girls stronger.

9. AboveAlpha

I completely agree.

Having a Dad be it for a boy or girl makes all the difference in the world!

A kid really needs the experience of understanding the opposite sex and although we all need a Mom not enough has been talked about as far as how important having a Dad is for a kid.

As far as Feminism I am often mistook by certain women as being against Feminism but in reality I am a feminist as you don't have to be a woman to be a Feminist.

However there are some women who take it too far....just as there are men who do the same as far as expressing their masculine rights.

Personally I think it's silly for men and women to be at odds with one another as all of us are capable in our own way.

I as a MAN will never be capable of giving birth or having my body make food for a child and a WOMAN will never be as capable as I am physically however some certainly are very capable in comparison to others.

AA

10. AboveAlpha

This isn't about encouraging anyone it's about how some people have this need to politicize sexuality.

It really shouldn't be.

AA

11. LibChik

No doubt having a great dad and great men in your life is a wonderful thing and can definitely be a major factor for your success in life.

Although for me, it was my mom that really played the role model that helped me determine who and what I wanted to be.

12. AboveAlpha

OK...first of all Feminism unto itself might be just about women seeking fair treatment and rights but for you to say it has NOTHING to do with men is simply not true! LOL!!

It has EVERYTHING to do with men!!!

Not MEN...but men.

Get it?

AA

- - - Updated - - -

Was your father involved in your life?

AA

13. LibChik

Absolutely true. I would definitely say my husband believes in feminism...he treats me as an equal. Any intelligent man should seek to find a woman who is at least as capable as he is...especially financially. My husband wants a partner...not a needy dependent.

Its the same thing for me, if my husband couldn't handle the things that I handle, I wouldn't find him capable or a worthy partner. Generally, we stick to our roles...because we like doing the things we're good at...but its imperative to have someone who can easily step in and handle things when you need help.

14. AboveAlpha

Although a few members here are of the opinion that Feminism has nothing to do with how women were treated by men I must disagree.

I have met quite a few women who due to being treated very badly by men they have either dated or perhaps they were their fathers or uncles....etc....and where abused that this bad treatment has damaged them to a point they have firmly cemented the concept and ideology of extreme feminism into everything they do in their daily lives especially as it pertains to interaction and sexual interaction with men...but not...MEN....big M.

AA

15. AboveAlpha

I basically agree however I am an exception as there are things I do that very few men are capable of and no women at all.

But that is what a MAN looks for in a Partner.....a WOMAN who can be his PARTNER IN LIFE.

AA

16. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Uh, I guess the OPer never heard of the sexual revolution of the 60s when there was no reason to fear STDs nor pregnancy with "the pill" and "free love" was the motto of the youth.

Every generation thinks THEY are the enlightened ones. Yet they generally have thought of nothing new whatsoever.

17. AboveAlpha

I am probably more familiar with the 60's than you as I was alive!! LOL!!

But if you were as well here is my point.

Back in the PEACE...LOVE...DOPE!! 1960's yes Free Love and no STD's that would kill you no matter the treatment allowed a great deal of sexual liberation for women and men but NOTHING to the extent things are today with the INTERNET REVOLUTION!!

Look....kids today know more about sexuality than we ever did anywhere NEAR their age and due to the Internet, Brittney Spears and Beyonce there is a whole world of women who have no problem whatsoever seeking out MEN for sex and this is existing at a level 10,000 times that of the 1960,s.

AA

18. LibChik

My father died during Vietnam...so no. I did have some great uncles...all military men...but my mom was really the person who I aspired to be like.

Hard worker, incredibly intelligent, kind and forgiving, optimistic and she ALWAYS came out on top...no matter what the challenge. She was amazing at handling adversity and making it look simple. She just got stuff done and expected nothing in return.

For me, feminism honestly has nothing to do with men...particularly not being resentful of men. I'm a feminist for very simple reasons. I spent a lot of time on my education and have worked my entire life and expect to be treated fairly at work. Salary, promotions, and bonuses commiserate to my education, experience and skill. I want the same things for my daughters. The expectations in our house are high...but the benefits of working hard are endless.

I also want fair treatment in acquiring resources. I'll never forget that the first house I bought, the first bank i went to, the manager told me to bring my husband back with me so that he could explain the financial information to "someone it would make sense to". I stood up, told him that I didn't have a husband...and found another bank.

Believe me, I'm the last person on earth as you'd describe as having "daddy issues"...I tend to be what my husband describes as "quietly, softly, dominant."

19. AboveAlpha

"quietly, softly, dominant.".....???

LOL!!

So your saying your husband is Submissive to you?

By the way as I have run a Team of the very best the U.S. Military has to offer for several decades I would like to commend your father and family for his sacrifice as well as commend your Mom for bringing you up it must have been very hard.

You really cannot take men or MEN out of the equation as far as Feminism.

AA

20. WJV

WJV Banned

Yeah, liberals.

But think about it - poor girls from Eastern Europe have no shame. They have no dignity whatsoever. So the most messed up stuff in the world is nothing to them. That is not good. In some ways maybe but we should not want all females to be like that.

21. AboveAlpha

Well of course not.

That is a case where poverty and a lack of opportunity is driving young girls in various forms of the sex trade.

AA

22. WJV

WJV Banned

They are sluts. You can stay in your village and eat a bag of rice. Nobody is forcing adults into the sex trade. Adults are responsible for their own choices. Same in any nation. In China a poor girl can stay in home village and eat a bag if rice. Or they can get a normal job that may not be well paying but better than sex trade. Or they can become a Chinese guys third wif . And this is not like a Mormons third wife. To these people a third wife is number 3. So.

You are a flaming liberal. It is disgusting.

23. AboveAlpha

me!!??

I am a flaming liberal!!????? Lol!!!!

You are out of your mind!!!!

Aa

24. LibChik

hahahahahahahahahahaha...My husband isn't submissive to anyone...ever. If you met him, you'd think he was very nice, friendly guy but he's worked most of his adult life to control his temper and his aggressive nature. I'm the same...I'm quiet by choice...not by design.

Its a common myth that you need one dominant partner and one who's submissive. Actually, the only people I know that have long-term (and actually happy) marriages are actually people who are both more equally matched....not always in the same way...but both people can hold their own and thus, get their needs met.

My husband and I respect each other...he is my equal and vice versa. I'm not dumb enough to poke the bear and (*)(*)(*)(*) him off and believe me, its the same for him.

And bottom line, my husband is an extremely attractive, financially well-off guy..if he decided tomorrow to get up and leave because I failed to respect him or live up to my end of our marriage agreement, he'd have no issue finding another arrangement. And vice versa. For me, the key to a successful marriage is not to become complacent, to relish the challenge, and to recognize that marriage doesn't work unless both people are getting what they need.

And thank you for your service as well.

25. WJV

WJV Banned

You write a post going on about how great sluts are and now you are talking about sex trafficking? If you are not a liberal then why is everything you say a liberal talking point?