Hillary Supporters: This is your worst nightmare

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Sundance, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Sundance

Sundance Banned

Other than Trump and the FBI, of course

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Stein

This is where all the progressive Bernie kids are headed.

The more intelligent ones will be headed to Trump.

Young people don't do Hillary.

Jill Stein is your Ralph Nader x 100.

I'd be very worried if I were you. :)

2. FrankCapua

FrankCapua Well-Known Member Past Donor

Get her on the ballot in every state!

3. Balto

Balto Well-Known Member

"Intelligent" and "Trump" do not go int he same sentence, don't fool yourself and try to mislead others into thinking the same. Might wanna check your garments.

Jill Stein, like any other third party candidate, most likely would not win the election. Jill Stein would be lining up with Hillary Clinton like Gary Johnson did in 2012. I know someone who is going with Jill Stein, that's okay, it's definitely a better choice than Trump bar none, but it will be close to throwing a vote away. A good number of young people don't remember the Clinton years of the 90's.

4. Sundance

Sundance Banned

Garments?

I'm not a Mormon.

It doesn't matter that Jill Stein won't be winning the election. No one expects her to.

It's simply where the idealistic, disappointed, mad at the DNC Bernie kids will be putting their votes.

In other words, Hillary is screwed.

Jill is vastly more attractive than Hillary, I must add. Too bad she isn't conservative, she could die that grey hair blonde, and run with Trump.

5. jackdog

jackdog Well-Known Member

Great thread, pointed out something I had not even considered. Maybe bernie will run as her VP. Seriously though do you really expect Hillary to be on the ballot in Nov ? She will get the nomination of course but I see her political future evaporating shortly thereafter. She is too flawed of a candidate for the dems to bet the next 4 on. If the GOP wasn't nominating a honey badger she might have a chance but Trump will turn her into coleslaw and the DNC knows that

6. The Great Zeus

The Great Zeus New Member

:fingerscrossed:

You sound very scared.

7. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

No, intelligent people don't vote for thugs like Trump, particularly ones who don't know what they're talking about most of the time, and are winging it all the time.....like Trump.

8. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

:roflol:

Young people hate the Donald. I mean they truly loathe the man. We're talking about a 30+ point gap between Clinton and the Duck Trumpster.

[​IMG]

9. The Great Zeus

The Great Zeus New Member

It does make you wonder, though, doesn't it?

Who would you say there are more of:

Bernie supporters who won't vote for Hillary or Republicans who won't vote for Trump?

I'm sticking with the latter.

10. toddwv

If I was a Republican, it would be a hard decision, particularly if you're in the anti-RINO camp. The man has espoused some very "liberal" views in the past and present.

If I was center-right, I might be able hold my nose long enough to pull the Trump lever. However, If I was anywhere right of Kasich, I probably wouldn't even bother to show up to vote.

Of course, that concerns a certain expectation of principle, and as we've seen numerous times, far-right wingers are not all that consistent in their "deeply-held values."

11. Borat

Borat Banned

LOL intelligent people vote for crooked lying corrupt incompetent sellout like Hillary on your planet?

12. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

Republicans and conservatives need to start a covert "Shill for Jill" campaign.

We need to start raising money and convincing stupid liberals to vote for her
    instead of Crooked Hillary.

13. Borat

Borat Banned

And meanwhile real republicans of all stripes are pulling the lever for Trump in ever increasing numbers. And wait till he sets his sights on Hillary and Obama (it's a matter of weeks if not days now). Even his biggest republican haters will adore him then. Libs will be ashamed to vote for her, will stay home, write in Bernie or vote for Jill Stein.

14. toddwv

I guess that depends on your definition of "real" Republicans.

15. Borat

Borat Banned

Card carrying members

16. Sundance

Sundance Banned

Nah, I'm not a Hillary supporter

I'm more like ---> :smoking: about it.

17. Sundance

Sundance Banned

Is Hillary going to do this without the youth vote? :lol:

Just who exactly makes up this point spread?

:lol:

18. toddwv

That's a 30+ gap in "who would you vote forwill you vote for?" in Hillary's favor among millennials.

19. Borat

Borat Banned

20. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

I seem to remember back in the early 1990's when Bill Clinton was greeted with massive skepticism by the liberal "New Left" wing of the Democrat party who had held power for two decades after hijacking the party during the early 70's and the question that was being asked, what is a real Democrat within the Democrat party ?

21. toddwv

22. Zorroaster

Zorroaster Well-Known Member

This neatly encapsulates the problem with Trump. Is he a conservative or a populist?

He can't be both because they are diametrically opposed. In point of fact, the tension between Hillary's supporters and progressives is not that different from the tension between traditional conservatives and neo-populists in the GOP. The gulf within both parties overshadows the nonexistent gulf between Romney and Obama.

For every angry Berniebomb that votes Stein there's gonna be an angry Cruz missile sitting on his duff come election day. This presents Trump with one mammoth conundrum. If he tilts towards populism, he will lose the conservatives that have pinned their hopes on Cruz. If he tries to "unite" the party by tilting towards its base, he will lose whatever Bernie supporters he might have gained.

Trump's winning hand is actually a sleight of hand. He must be able to convince opposing ideologies that he embodies them both simultaneously.

Nobody has any doubt where Cruz or Sanders stands on the issues. HRC has 25 years worth of neoliberal credentials. Trump, however, must walk the tightrope. He must be a blank slate upon which everyone can project his own hopes and fears, in order to unite the un-unitable.

23. Sundance

Sundance Banned

They're hardly opposed.

It's simply Teddy Roosevelt politics.

For the people, for the little guy instead of the fat cats, but with the nationalism, strength, border/immigration concern, anti-globalism, and emphasis on moral values that Republicans used to be known for in the Reagan era.

Add a bit of isolationism, instead of TR's global expansiveness, and you've got it.

I think the Cruzbots will all fall in line, as they find Hillary so repulsive, and really want the White House back after 8 years of the hated Obama, and unlike the Berniebots, they aren't even remotely as idealistic. Cruzbots are far more pragmatic and older.

There's truth in this, but it's what Trump does best, IMO.

Trump is very much an adaptable chameleon, while Hillary is set in stone, and crumbles when she tries to adapt.

24. Zorroaster

Zorroaster Well-Known Member

Much as I'd like this to be true, it simply isn't. Teddy held no illusions about the nature of capitalists left unchecked. Today's conservatives are all about free markets and get the government off my back. Teddy was all about using the power of government to achieve a greater goal.

This is not something Trump will be able to triangulate. Eventually he will have to come down in one camp or the other, or risk being outed as an Obamaesque vacillator.

As far as Reagan is concerned, that ship sailed a long time ago. Or more precisely, it was sunk by the tea partiers. Reagan compromised to get thinks done. Boehner was destroyed by his party for "compromising," and he was far more of an actual conservative than Trump. The obstructionists in Congress won't take long to find out Trump is no Conservative.

25. bigfella

bigfella Well-Known Member

You've got this all backwards. The Cruzbots (and their fellow travellers) have watched as 8 years of Obama have handed the GOP a slew of State legislatures & Governors and give their wing of the party enough power to hold the rest to ransom. In fact, it has made the GOP base so angry that more moderate candidates who might have beaten Clinton didn't stand a chance - making Cruz a genuine alternative when he would normally have gone the way of Rick Santorum.

Who threatens that more, Clinton or Trump? its not even close - Trump is a FAR bigger threat. Clinton provides yet another perfect 'enemy' to rail against, perfect for their faction of the GOP. Trump risks fundamentally changing the party while also poaching the key 'angry white guy' demographic. The idea that these are 'pragmatists' is fanciful. They are ideologues who would 'destroy the village in order to save it'. They would rather lose the Presidency for 4-8 years than lose the GOP forever.

As for the Sandersistas, they don't control any significant part of the Democratic Party, so if Trump wins they get a giant serve o' nuthin'. No second prize. No Senators, congressmen, Governor's mansions or State legislatures where they can prepare their next push & promote their causes (actually, they might have a literal handful of Congressmen, but too few to matter). Most of them dislike Trump a fair bit more than Hillary. A few might sit out. Even fewer might vote Trump. Most will grit their teeth & vote Hillary.

Maybe in 10 years time the people who are feelin' the Bern will be organized into some sort of 'Left Wing Tea Party' or equivalent movement that is actually prepared to burn the party to get what it wants, but for now they don't. You are a couple of elections too early.