Is it possible to have a civil discussion about racists supporting Trump?

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Natty Bumpo, May 1, 2016.

1. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

This is a topic that some desperately wish to ignore or eradicate.

Unfortunately, KKK Grand Wizard David Duke's enthusiasm for Trump isn't a "one off" anomaly that can be summarily dismissed.

The neo-nazi Daily Stormer continues to enthuse over Trump. The latest example is April 29's ADL Jews Demand Trump Stop Putting America First

Like Andrew Anglin's anti-semitic website, the white supremacist American Freedom Party is endorsing Trump.

The conservative RedState reports,

Addressing the issue does not mean attempting diversions concerning Obama, Clinton, Sanders, or Beyoncé, all of whom are eligible for discussion on threads that concern them.

• Are Trump supporters capable of honestly and directly confronting Trump's extremist fans?
    • Is the irrefutable enthusiasm from this racist element seen as a positive or a negative in furthering Trump's political ambitions?
    • Why are these groups supporting Trump?

(If there is a taboo concerning support for a presidential candidate on these boards of which I am unaware, this discussion can be suppressed, of course.)

2. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

The kkk has endorsed and donated to hillary.

Hillary has done so much damage to the black community that I think a case could be made that it reaches the level of genocide.

DennisTate likes this.
  3. Len

Len Banned

So deflection is the only thing you've got?
    You ignore the out right racism that is trump and his followers?

Are you really back to the 1990's default for the right, "Clinton did it!"

4. tsuke

tsuke Well-Known Member

It is good to point out that there is a good case to be made that Clinton has hurt african americans more than any rabid kkk member.

Now regarding supremacists. The reason why people like david duke and louis farrakkhan like trump is that at the end of the day they need jobs and they see like everyone else does that we are outsourcing jobs at an unsustainable rate and illegals take the ones we dont outsource.

It is easy to demonize black and white supremacists as single issue voters who vote soley on race. At the end of the day they are people too who want to eat and have been harmed by our globalist policies. They do want jobs just like any other voter.

5. Natty Bumpo

Yes, one KKK member said he was abandoning his support for Trump because he didn't like his wig.

Why can't Trumpies resist such feeble attempts at diversion and honestly address the matter of his racist support?

6. Natty Bumpo

Really? Neo-nazis, skinheads, and avowed white supremacists are all unemployed and believe that Trump will hire them if he controls the federal bureaucracy?

7. Borat

Borat Banned

The Black panthers, BLM, other racist and anti-american black and hispanic movements, the Commies, Marxists, anarchists of all stripes - they will all vote for Hillary. Islamic fundamentalist groups, terrorist sympathizing organizations will all vote for Hillary. CAIR will vote for Hillary, La Raza will vote for Hillary, ANSWER, all other leftist radical groups will vote for Hillary.

And yeah, kkk will probably be voting for Trump, the only reason being Trump is the strongest on illegal immigration. They have no illusion that Trump is one of them (Trump's daughter, son in law and grandson are jewish), nor does the general public. But in a two party political system they are certainly not voting for Hillary "Open Borders" Clinton which leaves only one option.

This guilt by association nonsense is not fooling anyone but hey, you people are desperate and desperate times call for desperate measures. We understand.

8. BrunoTibet

BrunoTibet Banned

A. Assumes facts not in evidence.
    B. Islamic fundamentalists are uber-conservative. They'll likely voted for no one.

9. Borat

Borat Banned

Come on Bruno. In a two party system no party represents all 100% views of any individual or an organization. People vote based on compromise and priorities. KKK's will vote for Trump based on his illegal immigration stance, not because he is one of them. Black, Hispanic, Muslim, Left Wing radicals of all stripes will vote for Hillary because of her stance on immigration (and some other positions), because they oppose Trump's temp ban on muslim immigration etc, not because Hillary is one of them.

This OP is a classic guilt by association fallacy if there's ever been one.

10. RonnieFan

RonnieFan Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just as there Hillary supporters who are racists.

As well as racists amongst Bernie or Cruz supporters.

The fact is, there is a portion of bigots and racists throughout this country, Left and Right, and black and whites.

Yet, the liberal media wants us all to think that all racism is located only in Trump supporters - and doing there best to promote it.

11. Len

Len Banned

Like this guilt by association?

Like that??

12. RonnieFan

RonnieFan Well-Known Member Past Donor

How do you come up with such absurd thinking?

Oh, I see... it's you're "opinion"

13. Borat

Borat Banned

Yes indeed. I was showing that guilt by association works both ways. I did have enough intellectual honesty to mention that Hillary is not like any of those radical extremist racist, terrorist-sympathizing groups that support her. You people have no intellectual honesty but then you are losing, terrified and desperate so we understand.

14. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

no its not possible to have a reasonable discussion because you constantly load it with assumptions they are racist if they support trump... you have an inherent and biased flaw from the start, so no civil discussion is possible since your premise is there must be racism in all supporters if they don't denounce the extremely small minority of racist folks who do support him... there are open racists who support hillary, but I don't see anyone clamoring or refuting those groups as a point to demonstrate they aren't racist?

why does someone else being racist, make me a racist? why does that seem like a logical presumption from the left?

I can answer that, because they want it to be logical because it suits their agenda and ideological goals to stereotype people all the same, so they can hate them all... I mean it wouldn't work out for them if they had to take people as individuals, and realize the vast majority are not racist at all... and they can't choke down that reality...

so no, its not possible for a civil discussion, because you're acting racist from the start...

P.S. but to quote hillary, at this point, what difference does it make...

[​IMG]

P.S.S. mic drop!

[​IMG]

15. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

Is it possible to have a civil discussion about the America-hating, leftist radicals that form the majority of the Democrat Party?

16. Natty Bumpo

I have documented Trump's support from neo-nazis, skinheads, and other white supremacists and asked for opinions why they are supporting him.

You, apparently, don't like it being addressed, and contrive to digress the discussion to avoid the matter.

- - - Updated - - -

If that is an issue of concern to you, there is nothing to prevent your initiating a thread concerning it rather than attempting to divert this one.

17. Natty Bumpo

While neo-nazis, skinheads, and other white supremacists have rallied around Trump's candidacy ( a reality that some are loathe to discuss) GOP politicians concerned for retaining their offices have not.

Five thirty-eight notes that, with the exception of a single congressman from Western New York, no Republican who faces a competitive gubernatorial, Senate or House election this November has endorsed Trump. The only one to have endorsed Trump is Tom Reed, the incumbent from New York’s 23rd Congressional District, a Republican-leaning swing district that covers much of the rural, western part of the state.

18. Natty Bumpo

I have to give most the benefit of the doubt. Yes, those that lash out elsewhere rather than honestly confront the matter of neo-nazi, skinhead, and white supremacist support for Trump may well be in the closet or sympathetic fellow-travelers, but I can't believe that most Trumpies are rabid racists.

19. Natty Bumpo

It's unfortunate that you cannot honestly address the matter of the racist organizations throwing their support behind Trump, rather than attempt feeble diversions.

"Oh, my! They're everywhere! They're everywhere!" is not a valid excuse.

20. Cal-Pak

Cal-Pak Active Member

"Donald is not a Racist or a Sexist. He just plays one on TV. " me
    https://twitter.com/4N2thatChit/status/725329477140512770

I believe everyone in his campaign has pretty much said this publicly

21. Sharpie

Sharpie Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't know, is it possible to have a civil discussion about the subversives, human trash, convicts and illegal aliens supporting Hillary?

(You began your thread with incivility... just following your lead)

22. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

I'm perfectly okay with you addressing issues related to trump, because I don't want him on the ballot myself... so stop trying to deflect away from the immensely valid points I have made, and try to spin my words into a defensive posture when clearly I've stated numerous times on this website I don't support him... I notice when you quoted me, you ignored everything else I said and just tried to capitalize on the one thing you thought you could twist around and attack me directly to suggest I must support his racist friends, so basically you proved my point about this entire topic, and proved everything you FAILED to quote is the reason why... lol thanks for that...

23. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

I hunt and fish and am not Roman Catholic. I voted for Rubio. Does that make Rubio a non Roman Catholic hunter/fisherman? Unlike leftist racist/bigoted groups who are mainly single issue thinkers, white racists are generally multi issue voters. So a vote for Trump by a white separatist might be a vote for a strong military, strong borders, better trade deals, and individual liberty.

24. Natty Bumpo

I documented the issues for discussion concerning Trump's supporters.

If you are aware of any entities comparable to the neo-nazi Daily Stormer and white supremacist American Freedom Party similarly endorsing Clinton, you should certainly initiate a thread with links to such endorsements.

I look forward to your substantiating your comments.

25. BrunoTibet

BrunoTibet Banned

The OP did not display any incivility.

You clearly want it to have done so, but it's simply not the case.