May...Thread of the month nominations

Discussion in 'Announcements & Community Discussions' started by Shangrila, May 3, 2016.

1. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Please post both the entire text and link, along with brief explanation why you find your nomination worthwhile.
    Members are encouraged to like their favorite post. At the end of the month, staff will count the likes and announce the best post winner.
    We are hoping and emphasizing that members should only nominate posts that meet all posting rules and guidelines. Removing inappropriate nominations will be at the discretion of the PF staff.

Thank you for participating.

2. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

I would like to kick off the nominations with this OP.

To really understand the contents of the OP you have to read the linked opinion where many Republicans are now advocating "NEVER TRUMP" as we move forward towards the 2016 presidential election where Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are almost certainly going to be the respective candidates. This even fits into the larger discussion because, as I've read, some Ted Cruz supporters are now going to vote for Hillary Clinton while others are going to refuse to vote for either presidential candidate.

This is a timely and to the point OP that's of interest to all sides of the political discussion.

3. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Nominated by MVictorP as follows

This post here, which also is a thread starter. I can't vouch for the thread itself, but the post's real refreshing:

The important stuff isn't the party colour: it's the realization that all of this false US left/right dichotomy has been hurting you Yank folks since the end of the cold war.

And besides, it's a post about love (to a certain point).

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=454916&p=1066152994#post1066152994

4. Sharpie

Sharpie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Thank you. And it truly is about love ... we've been missing it lately!

5. Doug_yvr

Doug_yvr Well-Known Member Past Donor

I would like to nominate Raytri's thread as thread of the month. Raytri has always posted quality stuff and this is one of his best.

Here is the post:
    The post can be found here

6. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

I second this.