Senate Officially Mourns Return of Ted Cruz

Discussion in 'Humor & Satire' started by Think for myself, May 4, 2016.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

It is a sad day......for congress at least.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/senate-officially-mourns-return-of-ted-cruz

The United States Senate declared an official day of mourning on Wednesday to mark the impending return of Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to the legislative body.

Ordering all flags at the U.S. Capitol to half-staff, the Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell, announced the day of mourning in a somber proclamation. “We mark this day with a deep personal sense of loss that will never completely heal,” he said.

To recognize Cruz’s return, which is expected to be imminent, McConnell said that the Senate would suspend all work for the day. “Ordinarily our members would welcome a day off,” he said. “But not for this.”

In a rare moment of consensus for this bitterly divided chamber, both Republicans and Democrats expressed their sorrow, but the news of Cruz’s return seemed to cut the deepest among Republicans, many of whom now regret their decision not to endorse the Texas senator for President.

“If that bastard had somehow been elected President, we would have only had to see him one day a year, at the State of the Union,” Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said. “I should have done everything in my power to make that happen. And now it’s too damn late.”

“We have to respect the will of the voters, but they didn’t think about the devastating effect this would have on us,” the usually stoic McConnell said, his voice quavering. “There’s a real human cost to thi

2. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ted Cruz is going to double down on being a pain in the ass throwing every monkey wrench he can, pulling every grandstanding act he can imagine and cursing all Republican elected officials to prove he REALLY is the anti-establishment politician for his now perpetually campaigning for president in every presidential election cycle.