Israel enlists US Homeland Security to gag its own citizens online

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by SamSkwamch, May 5, 2016.

1. SamSkwamch

SamSkwamch Banned

2. stuntman

stuntman Well-Known Member

A sentence from you r article states:
    In Israel you can criticize a decision or an action of a public figure. There is nothing in criticizing that insults the public figure. After all, the Israeli media itself is often criticize decisions of public figures, but you cant see that someone is shutting down the media that ae criticizing some decisons.

3. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Israel is among the more press unfree countries of the world, being ranked 101st out of 180. And it looks like it's just sinking deeper and deeper.

4. stuntman

Channel 2 News criticizes decisions of the goverenment. Did they get closed because of it? No.
    Channel 10 News criticizes decisions of the governenment. Did they get closed becausd of it? No.
    Channel 1 News criticizes decisions of the government, Did they get closed because of it? No.
    Channel 20 News criticizes decisions of the government. Did they get closed because of it? No.

5. notme

notme Well-Known Member

There are plenty of gag orders placed by the apartheid regime, hence their ratings on press freedom is terrible.

6. stuntman

The name of it is "censorship". Censorship exists in the world media as well.

7. Pisa

Pisa Well-Known Member

Apartheid regime? I thought this thread was about Israel...

Don't bother. People who get their information from Gilad Atzmon's garbage pit (redressonline) are not interested in honest debate.

8. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Yeah well... Arabs may not return home due to their ethnic background so the Jew is able to keep on living on his stolen property. That's apartheid right there, buddy.

9. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Well there is censorship in North Korea, Israel and the UK. It doesn't mean it happens on the same scale.
    And in regard to Israel,.. it caused them to be placed as 101st out of a 180 countries on press freedom.

That's mighty crap.
    lol

10. stuntman

Well, if we will read the Censorship Agreement that was signed in 1966 we could see that censorship will not be apply on political issues or on giving criticize and essertions about political issues, but only on issues that there is a risk that it will harm the security of the state. Political censorship is off-limit in Israel.

Now if we will take a look on the report that the organization Freedom House made regarding on the level of freedom of the freedom of press worldwide in 2015, and which renked the countries from 0 (the most free) to 100 (the least free), we will see that in Italy for example got the score of 31, which put it on the partly free countries, like as Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia etc. While in Israel, if you will zoom in in the map that is in the site, you wil see that Israel got the score of 30, which put it on the "free countries", like USA, Canada, UK, Sweeden, Finland, Spain etc.
    As the report says:
    [​IMG]

Israel, according to their report, placed in 61st place out of 199. The counrty that took place 101 is Malawi.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source: https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-press/freedom-press-2015#.Vy88dnq2pOg

Freedom House, as it describes in their website, is an independent watchdog organization dedicated to the expansion of freedom and democracy around the world.

11. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Irrelevant. The press freedom is terrible in Israel. And in the pressfreedom index from reporters without borders it's simply ranked 101st. That's under Lebanon and Tunisia and hardly any better than Kuwait.

While your freedom house, is a US governmental funded organisation, and their rankings also include if their democratic or not. Hence you can't claim they have a lot of press freedom or not. Such a fail.

12. stuntman

Freedom House has been measuring press freedom around the world since 1980, based on a complex scoring system derived from research about the ability of print, broadcast and digital media organizations to operate freely and without threat of repercussion.

But if we will take a look as well, on your source and what your source is saying about the press in Israel we will see the following:
    Source: https://rsf.org/en/israel

The censorship that it mentions we already talked aobut, and the censorship is to hel avoid that inteligance that can harm the security of Israel will leaked outside. Nothing out of the ordinery since Israel is not the only country with censorship.

13. notme

notme Well-Known Member

So what. They still incorporate other things like if the country is democratic or not in their scoring system. Hence the final score is not how good the press freedom is in any country, unlike the reporters without borders.

So my argument stands that Israel has a terrible reputation with press freedom being ranked 101st out of 180.

Source: https://rsf.org/en/israel

Abuses of the Israeli army against Palestinian and foreign journalists are common

Oh wtf. Israeli representing the government who are holding weapons abuse the press when they are foreign or not Jewish. And you call that "Nothing out of the ordinary"

lol

14. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

Nonesense, they come for a picture and they do everything to get it, some soldiers are less tolerant than others, these reporters provoke for a picture and end up as light entertainment :)

15. stuntman

You source as well is agreeing with me when it states that in Israel the press enjoy real freedom, as I showed you earlier.

According to your source that you provided here it states regarding the freedom of press in Israel:
    The Israeli press enjoy real freedom.

I never said "Nothing out of the ordinary". Pleasr dont put words into my mouth.

The "Palestinian" journalists are often provoking the soldiers so they will get their shot. For instance, Israeli and "Palestinain" journalists singed an agreement between them that they will establish a hotline when journalistst in the West Bank encounter problems in their work so the problem will befixed, when often the "Palestinian" journalists in the West Bank dont really use it and prefer to stay and to confront the soldiers, which in the soldiers eyes is an interaption to their work. Even though that confronting soldiers is not their work, but their work is to film situations and report them. That's it.

16. Yetzerhara

Yetzerhara Banned

Nothing in the article presented backs up the the thread title or the accusation that the Israeli government has done anything to shut anything down.

Again we see an inflammatory thread that makes a false allegation in its title and is designed to incite hatred against Israel existing as a Jewish nation.

17. Yetzerhara

Yetzerhara Banned

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3588/palestinians-freedom-of-expression

The above is abundantly clear. There is no freedom of speech on the West Bank or in Gaza so anti Israeli propagandists like Same need to come on this forum and dettract from the actual story.

Tell me do any of you anti Israelis want to preach about the freedom of expression and speech in the Arab world and compare it to the freedom of speech in Israel?

Of course not.

The best you can do is reduce yourself to such baiting threads.

18. SamSkwamch

SamSkwamch Banned

HOW MANY TIMES DO PEOPLE HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO YOU THAT IT IS ISRAEL'S BEHAVIOR and how pathetic it is to readers online to have to read posts from folks who actually support it.

19. notme

notme Well-Known Member

You don't get to over rule my source because you dislike it, lol.
    Hence Israel remains an utter crap place for the press.

20. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Negative...
    Abuses of the Israeli army against Palestinian and foreign journalists are common.
    Hence Israel is a crap country for a free journalism.

Neah. You're just leaving out what you don't like.

Youre making things up to undermine a honest and impartial source.... lol

21. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

Other than the title of the article! The main text of the article and this part in particular!

In January this year the Israel authorities persuaded the US Homeland Security to start closing down websites which they believed could expose corruption and show the judiciary, the welfare system and the police in a bad light, as many articles were being shared overseas.

22. stuntman

The Israeli press enjoy real freedom, according to yourown source.

Not really.

I'm not making anything up. It is what it is. I sew it in my own eyes numerous of times.

23. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Negative...
    Abuses of the Israeli army against Palestinian and foreign journalists are common.
    Hence Israel is a crap country for a free journalism.

The source says so.
    lol

You left it out. So yes really
    lol

lol.. no you're just all making it up to undermine a honest and impartial source.... lol

24. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

Its a propaganda war ofc I can reject your source, a Palestinian "reporter" already stabbed an Israeli using his immunity to get closer, they are part of the war. besides we dont need to be perfect, just better than the (*)(*)(*)(*) around us.

25. stuntman

The source doesnt say that Israel is a crap country for a free journalism, because the source say that te press enjoy freedom in Israel.

I never said "Nothing out of the ordinary". Pleasr dont put words into my mouth.

I will never make things up. I sew it in my own eyes in the 3 years I spent in the West Bank.