It's on - July 2

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by truthvigilante, May 8, 2016.

1. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

There we have it. It was pretty obvious months and months ago. It's 50/50 based on A seven reach-tel poll. Labor needs to pick up 19 seats and a 4.3% swing to achieve government. If it does it will be the first time since labor lost in the early 30's that a government loses after just 1 term. The numbers look uphill for Labor but anything is posible. I'll still be bold and wear my heart on my sleeve and say Labor should win.

Seats to watch: There are a few more seats that could easily swing either way but momentum for mind is with Labor.

Aston-vic

Banks-nsw

Barton-nsw

Bass-TAS

Brisbane-qld

Capricornia-QLD

Corangamite-VIC

Deakin-VIC

Dobell-NSW

Eden-monaro-NSW

Forde-QLD

Hindmarsh-QLD

La Trobe-VIC

Lindsay-NSW

Lyons-TAS

Petrie-QLD

Reid-NSW

Robertson-NSW

Macquarie-NSW

Longman-QLD

Bonner-QLD

Solomon-NT

Wentworth-NSW

Warringha-NSW

2. truthvigilante

The bellwether seat of Eden-Monaro is looking likely for labor based on latest reports. Corangamite in vic is another.

3. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

Anyone who votes for a Liberal candidate needs their head checked.

Liberal supporters go on and on and on about Gillard breaking ONE election promise (she had to since she formed a minority government) and yet the Liberals, having formed a majority government, have broken almost every promise they have made. Hundreds of them.

4. scarlet witch

scarlet witch Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm going to enjoy watching Peta Credlin, I've always liked her... I'm still voting for labor lol
    [video]http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2016/05/07/peta-credlin-breaks-her-silence.html#ooid=9sMXZjMzE6-5uZ2T8KOprS5l-iN7MYmq[/video]

5. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

Anyone who votes for the ALP/Union candidate needs a welfare check

:nana:.

6. ziggyfish

ziggyfish Active Member

Anyone who thinks the those who vote for Liberals need to get their head checked, needs to check their own head.

Gillard broke a lot of promises.

7. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

Anyone who votes for the 3 major parties, needs a hit in the head with a sledge hammer.

If you seriously think any one of these political parties, or politicians are working in your best interest. Then you are a fool that will never learn, and you deserve every consequence that follows.

8. scarlet witch

:roflol: ok... I'm out shopping for a helmet

9. culldav

Vote for who ever you like, but at the end of the day, when things go bad again. Remember, you helped elect them, so you have no right to whinge and whinge about it.

10. scarlet witch

yes dad

11. culldav

I'm pleased you understand you have to take and accept personal responsibility & accountability for your vote, and cannot always pass-the-buck and blame other people. You learned something today.

12. Panzerkampfwagen

Which is why they could only ever remember one to go on and on and on about.

I see that the Liberals have already started campaigning on how they're going to make science in Australia great.

Um, they're the (*)(*)(*)(*)***** who destroyed it in the first place.

13. culldav

See. Its happens every three years like clockwork. The dumb people stand around watching the house burn down again, and instead of putting it out, they would rather argue about which group of clowns started the fire in the first place.

Enter the clowns. The clowns come in blow up some new balloons, and the people forget these are the same clowns that caused all the trouble and fire three years earlier, and the dumb people will vote for them again. :roflol:

And the show goes on, & on, & on, & on.

If it wasn't so intellectually sad and pathetic, it would be the best comedy show of the century.

14. truthvigilante

Anyone who votes liberal will end up on welfare.

15. truthvigilante

The libs never develop long term goals for our nation and never have. They just want to build a platform for the elitest and make the rest subservient slaves. If you don't fit in the elitist group you need your head checked if you vote for the coalition. They don't give a damn about small business. Getting rid of penalty rates will only benefit big business who will eventually cut out small business. Every freakin Bunnings has a Cafe and with reduced penalty rates they'll build big and better Cafes and probably expand into other areas that will cut out the small players. A vote for the liberals is a vote for extending the divide between the haves and have nots. Turnbull wants your money, not that he doesn't have enough but he wants more. That's how greed and power works.

16. Panzerkampfwagen

No, they're just temporarily disadvantaged millionaires!

17. ziggyfish

ziggyfish Active Member

No, I think Labor was the first ones, considering they are the older party. I think Whitlim did the most damage we see today.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh Politics of envy... Is that violins I can hear in the background?

18. truthvigilante

Envy of what? whats the purpose of the violins?

19. culldav

This is intellectually embarrassing.

20. culldav

These political clowns have been openly lying and deceiving the citizens for almost a Century. They have not been working for the betterment or benefit of the citizens, but the financial betterment and benefit for themselves and the political parties they belong too. Only an a deaf; dumb and blind idiot would not recognise this. Theses clowns have not used the citizens tax money wisely to build or buy anything to generate tax revenue back to the tax payers. That is why Australia has no bloody money. These clowns use tax payers money to pay for public funded schools and hospitals and welfare, but squander all the other tax generated money, and they have been doing this for nearly a Century. Then all you idiots can do is argue about which clowns have done the most wrong. :roflol:

Have you ever considered taking the next logical step, and deciding that you don't want these same incompetent clowns managing you or your country anymore? :roll:

21. ziggyfish

ziggyfish Active Member

I absolutely agree. I think we should just get rid of every politician, and let people live their own freaking lives. Individuals are way better at spending money, then the lying politicians.

22. culldav

Its so personally intellectually shameful and embarrassing. That every three years like clockwork, we have one political group of severe intellectually disabled Australian voters arguing and blaming the other political group of severe intellectually disabled voters for the incompetent politicians they both elect into govern them and the country.

Its so disgusting, that its like watching a couple of fat kids fighting over who is going to lick up the ice-cream from the ashtray.

23. WittySocrates

WittySocrates Active Member

I have been looking at the ABC election calculator and based off current polling Labor would win the election except the problem is that it works off a uniform swing for the nation which is never the case.

I am just spectating here but I expect Labor will gain votes in all states but the big swings will come in Western Australia and Queensland.

Some races that I am looking forward to are:

New England - Can Windsor get the seat back?
    Inner city seats in Melbourne and Sydney - Can the Greens well and truly established in the lower house?
    Eden-Morano - This one needs no explanation.
    Warringah - I expect Abbott to win his seat (if he doesn't the Liberals are dead as a party) but the swing to or away from him will be interesting to see.

24. truthvigilante

I think you'll find there will be a battle for a few of NSW's marginal seats. If many of the constituents voted in protest at last election they may just return this time around based on issues within liberal party. Turnbull has his work cut out and tonight just might set the scene from tonight's people's forum.

25. WittySocrates

WittySocrates Active Member

I have no doubt that Labor will gain seats in New South Wales barring a catastrophic campaign from Labor. I just think that Queensland and Western Australia will have larger swings than other states due to the fact the Liberal vote has further to fall and state Liberals leaving bad tastes in the mouth of voters.