It’s Easy ‘To Manipulate A Nation Of Naive, Self-Absorbed Sheep’

Discussion in 'Other Political Issues' started by longknife, May 15, 2016.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]So says a member of the United States House of Representatives. And some political pundits wonder why Congress' popularity is in the dumps. He confesses that:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]that he hardly ever reads the bills that he votes on, that his main job is to get reelected, and that it is “far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification”.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]And what s/he goes on to say should put a chill upon every American who believes in the current system. It also explains why so many of us are sick and tired of professional politicians and are demanding change.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-“Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that’s lavished upon them.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-“My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-“Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don’t know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it’ll cost.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-“Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-“It’s far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-“It’s about getting credit now, lookin’ good for the upcoming election.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-“We spend money we don’t have and blithely mortgage the future with a wink and a nod. Screw the next generation.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This and very much more @ http://endoftheamericandream.com/ar...ipulate-a-nation-of-naive-self-absorbed-sheep[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif](I've written my Senator and Representative about this) :steamed::steamed::steamed:[/FONT]

DennisTate likes this.
  2. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is a phenomenal find Longknife!

At least this particular politician is honest about what is happening and
    is obviously doing some soul searching!

3. DennisTate

Great post.....
    I quoted you in full here in post #5.....

http://www.politicalforum.com/opinion-polls/459363-what-motivated-donald-enter-race-president.html
    What motivated The Donald to enter the race for President?
    Is outrage over how politicians waste money a major reason why The Donald
    entered the Presidential race?

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=450898&page=5&p=1066172380#post1066172380

This sure sounds logical to me!

I campaigned for public office three times after having the privilege to teach English in Quito, Ecuador for over a year
    which gave me the opportunity to see extreme wealth.....and grinding poverty....virtually side by side.

www.BankingSystemFlaws.blogspot.ca/

4. Jets

Jets Member

Makes perfect sense. Tell people what they want to here to get elected and keep following the same pattern. Bash this, support that, making sure to win re-election and get as much money from SIGs as possible.

DennisTate likes this.
  5. DennisTate

Yup............. and it seems to me that
    The Donald is proving that this pattern can be broken!

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...donald-trump-can-great-president-because.html
    Donald Trump can be a GREAT President because.......
    … of his deep level of empathy with the greatest forces that are keeping the average American down!

I saw two documentaries about The Donald yesterday evening. When I saw the part about how he purchased the Taj Mahal through financing arranged by about twenty different banks. When I heard that he had agreed to pay them a high rate of interest. I knew that The Donald had been guided by G-d to have a deep empathy for the situation faced by President Abraham Lincoln.

...…

http://www.michaeljournal.org/lincolnkennedy.htm
    Melvin Sickler:

The Fed.......... is set up in such a way that it is extremely useful in causing significant boom and bust cycles..... which tend to break unions. To a segment of the population strong unions are one of the greatest evils in America and the whole world.

6. NCspotter

NCspotter Active Member

This is why the establishments on both sides are terrified of Trump. I don't like him, but he might be the last hope of exposing this governmental abuse on a national level.

7. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

the discovery of rational ignorance, the ignorance that allows voters to vote on next to no information won an american economist a nobel prize.

Google the book The Calculus of Consent

the scientific study of political manipulation is called Public Choice. It is a field of economics. basically the economic version of democratic political science.

8. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Well-Known Member

A fool's errand.

9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I would think this was obvious to most people.

10. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

Yeah we need to do away with this democracy nonsense. But that doesn't mean we should let worthless lawyers remain in power either. Time to put smart people in charge (i.e intelligence and knowledge being the actual criteria, besides desire, to be a leader) and put them on a new constitutional leash. Governments persevere when people believe in them. People need to learn to believe in science and intelligence, and not in charisma, money, and mob rule. People may not be smart enough to choose good leaders, but they are smart enough to see that our political system was always dysfunctional and is getting worse.

11. longknife

longknife New Member

:applause: