Five Ways You Can Combat Anti-Semitism

Discussion in 'Ethnic & Religious Conflicts' started by SamSkwamch, May 19, 2016.

1. SamSkwamch

SamSkwamch Banned

2. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

Excellent point, "(*)(*)(*)(*) it you can say antisemite all day but if you cant answer these questions it just looks like slurs" happens on here a lot.

3. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Some of what he says is interesting but I always take a step back when people are demanding their right to be tribally 'white' - which on it's own in any case would include a lot of Jews. This then goes on to support the ethnic nationalism of Israel. Such ideas usually have at the back the idea of the deportation of Western Jews there. I am guessing he is indeed what he said he would be accused of being, a White Nationalist.

However what he has tapped into and you are speaking about is a very real issue and one which I think is coming to the fore with Labour suddenly being apparently party of anti-Semites - and all this coming from Labour daring to elect as Leader a man who has long been a critic of Israel. So yes, I think that is where the debate is now going to be and on that I think some Jews, those who are critical of Israel who are now self hating or as with Jacki Walker whose expertise is on racism, now an anti-Semite, are concerned that this latest idea of a word against Israel being anti-Semitism is itself going to raise anti-Semitism in the UK.

http://jfjfp.com/?p=83264

Let's hope that when the enquiry into anti-Semitism in Labour comes out at the end of June with I think the full release of the one into Oxford University, we can get some sanity on the issue.

4. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes the video did IMHO contain a few very doggy comments, I think you noticed how I only said that was an excellent point.

During the elections I was helping out in Bristol with the mayoral elections so missed much of the debate here. I was of course delighted with the result! Talking to many Labour activists in Bristol the feeling I got was that the entire antisemite thing was timed to coincide with the elections and allow a leadership challenge when very poor results came in. It is interesting that much of the shouting has died down now.

5. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Certainly no song and dance every day so for those whose desire was to destroy Labour at the local elections in order to get rid of Corbyn, it may be over for the time being. That Labour did so well despite how the Right of Labour were working against them was amazing. However the basic premise does still remain even if not at the moment in the spotlight. The question still is, is criticism of Israel anti-Semitism and that is something which needs to be dealt with, something which has been going on since the 'New Antisemitism' incorporated into the now defunct European Working Definition on Antisemitism, something which was the subject of the court case which was found not to be so in 2013 and something which has once again raised it's head prior to the local elections and indeed the Oxford Young Labour elections - so not limited to political forum boards.

6. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

you accuse the Jews of being fake Jews, of believing they are Gods unto themselves, and you claim to be a Jew???????????

LOL!!!!!

7. BoDiddly

BoDiddly Member

I've heard better say anti-semite faster.

8. Ronstar

the OP accuses Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews of being fake, and accuses all Jews of worshipping themselves as Gods

9. MVictorP

MVictorP Well-Known Member

As a "gentile" guy, the fight to resist what is falsely called "anti-semitism" is an everyday one.

Things like that convulsed "anti-semitism" term are poster boys for what's wrong with the way we accomodate that particular minority; It illustrates how we are coerced to accept things that, it they're were about anybody but Jews, would be wrong to support.

Per chance I am a big city-raised boy who is used to encounter - and enjoy, most of the time - cultural diversity. Here people talk and gather well outside of their tribal circles, and it's an excellent thing: It led me to know some Jewish people, some of them intimately, and I do know that in the end, there are good and bad apples in every culture. So I can and I try to think about these good individuals each time that I am about to "cross the line" and pack them all into the same archetypes in a gesture of anger and/or frustration. It's emotionally tearing me apart, and I think it shows.

I know antisemitism is real - you bet it is: I begun to explore other social networks than these heavily-restricted PC boards, such as Youtube (I very rarely link to youtube, except to put some musical track on), and I am shocked by the anger of people (okay, many of them are just blowing off not particularly bright steam) and the terms they use for Jews, most of them I didn't even knew existed (and can't type in here). Just check them comments in the link: I must be traumatic being a well-intentionned Jew and reading these - and it's nothing to make this often enclaved minority go out of their tribes, thus re-enforcing "Us and Them".

And that's the vicious circle that creates the "antisemitic" problem: they only found solutions in ways than exacerbate more than calm people about Jews - mainly, those views that are expressed by the video's author. It isn't just the "gentiles" that must make concessions: The Jews must at least cross half of the distance themselves.

10. SamSkwamch

SamSkwamch Banned

OMG! Use the quote function to show where I said that.

11. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

can't disagree with that, though to be honest I have never known anyone personally that had anything bad to say about a Jew because they were a Jew

12. The Great Zeus

The Great Zeus New Member

Tell us why you're so obsessed with Jews, Sam.

13. Ronstar

I apologize to the OP, as I had him confused with someone else

14. SamSkwamch

SamSkwamch Banned

To all the hasbara trolls who feel the need to question my honesty about being Jewish as opposed to reponding to the facts presented...

Again, 1000s, maybe millions of Jews worldwide believe in traditional Judaism and do not support Israel as an idea, let alone the behavior of her government. You have been schooled in a far more recent idea of Judaism a bastardized or politicized version if you will. Remember, at the end of the day that we are supposed to remain in our diaspora until G-d returns us to our promised land. And that taking land by force is actually the antithesis of Judaism.

Here is just one example from 2005 where over 10,000 demonstrate against 'Israel' in New York city...

[​IMG]

Rabbi Yisroel Weiss was interviewed during the demonstration and explains the reason for the protest:

http://www.nkusa.org/activities/Demonstrations/IsraeliConsulate042805/Weiss042805.wmv

You don't see many of them on the TV in favor of Israel's mouthpieces screaming anti-Semite at any who challenges Israel's behavior. Notice again, how none you challenged what was in the post. You simply chose to attack my Jewishness even though I stand with our traditional Rabbis and Sages.

For example: Why is it that if you are not in support of the state you are automatically deemed anti-semitic?

http://www.truetorahjews.org/qanda/pyramid

http://www.truetorahjews.org/mainantisemitism

15. Ronstar

show us photos of your Hasidic clothing

16. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

I have, many times. Was at a bar about 15 years ago (early 2001) and heard one guy go on and on about how "Jews" controlled our country. And after 9/11 it got even worse, looking in the CT section here will show you a lot of people who think like that.

Heck, just go back a few years to the "Occupy Wall Street" movement. That movement was lousy with anti-Semites. And anybody that says otherwise knows nothing.

[​IMG]

Interesting dodge. But if you had actually read his first post, he did say he was Jewish. I think that makes it important to him.

What you are saying is kind of like demanding to know why Jessie Jackson is obsessed with Blacks.

Do you even know what a Hasidic Jew wears? How they dress their hair?

That photo looks like it is almost all followers of the Hasidic belief. And having lived in LA for half my life (and many years working in the Fairfax District), I have more than a passing familiarity with them.

17. Ronstar

a great way to stop anti-Semitism is to stop telling people that Israel did 9-11.

18. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

yeah, pretty much no one but the crazies or the Christians that want to shame Jews into becoming Christians

it's just a religious choice, no one cares what they believe any more then Christians or Muslims as long as they are not trying to force their beliefs on others via our government

19. SamSkwamch

SamSkwamch Banned

Again, Ron, I NEVER SAID THAT - USE THE QUOTE FUNCTION!

A post ago you just apologized for this same crap...

BTW, what you think on this topic? Did you even watch the vid in the OP? Do you even care about combating anti-Semitism or do you just like to use it to avoid difficult topics?

20. Ronstar

you posted a link to a Youtube video accusing Israel of doing 9-11

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=455673&p=1066161857#post1066161857

21. SamSkwamch

SamSkwamch Banned

So, I never said "Israel did 9-11." WTF?

Treating these difficult issues with honesty and integrity will go much father in combating anti-Semitism than screaming anti-Semite at everyone who points out facts that are not part of the official story, imho.

And if you care to put this in context, remember that this was in response to the newest lies being thrown at Saudi Arabia. Unless we are ready to send our kids across another ocean, to kill more kids that they have never met before, then this stuff must be discussed openly and honesty. Unless of course, the goal is to create more anti-Semitism which at the end of the day serves only to protect those screaming it the loudest.

[video=youtube;Nex-oSKPX2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nex-oSKPX2w[/video]

22. Ronstar

you posted a video that made this claim.

so if I post a Holocaust-denial video, that doesn't mean I advocate such an idea???

you're just making excuses.

now, are you a Hasid or not?

23. SamSkwamch

SamSkwamch Banned

Elements within the government of Israel had their hands in it. Same within the government here in America. That is completely different than "Israel did 9/11."

Both Fox and ABC news even picked up on it, but the story vanished as quickly as it came.

Like I said, "Treating these difficult issues with honesty and integrity will go much father in combating anti-Semitism than screaming anti-Semite at everyone who points out facts that are not part of the official story, imho."

24. Ronstar

paranoid bull(*)(*)(*)(*). baseless lies

I bet you also believe the Bush Administration was filled with dual-citizen Jews, right?

the 19 hijackers were all Muslims, and had no connection to Israel.

spare us the Jew-hating crap

25. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

What you just said is non-factual. It's Al Qaeda propaganda.