Hardcore Islamist's in Australia - what can we do?

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by m2catter, May 21, 2016.

1. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

I think I am a fairly open and tolerant person, and I am in favor of resettling refugees in Australia, especially after our catastrophic involvement in Iraq.

I also believe Israel has no right to take away land/houses from Palestinians, it is land grab and nothing else. So you can get my drift....

However, my tolerance also has its limits, and this article rose more than an eye brow:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/05/19/terror-tinnie-accused-appear-court

What are we doing with Australian born Islamist's, who decline to respect a magistrate (to stand of for him/her), or our laws all together?

What can we do with especially those, who openly decline us? What is the right approach?

Please try not to respond with the same cheap anti Muslim approach exercised by our current government, show some own ideas.
    Hatred has never achieved anything....
    Cheers

2. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's a hard one M2. Raised as a Christian I find it extremely hard to bow or stand for any person out of coercion. If I bow and stand its out of personal respect.
    Anyway, what are the consequences for not standing for a judge? Is it similar to Christian belief about not making men gods and respecting them like gods.

I'm really uncomfortable with the whole standing thing in a court for a judge and bowing as you enter the door. They're my equal, but happen to have the power to uphold our "own" laws, not "their laws". It's a strange practice that I think needs removing as far as I'm concerned.

3. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

If I were the magistrate, I might do nothing about the refusal to stand. They are not thus far obstructing the course of the trial and it is the trial that untmately takes care of illegal conduct, not a breach of courtroom etiquette. Just get on with it.

If you are asking a broader question. I assume there exists ample laws on the books to prevent violence or conspiracy to commit acts of terror. Ignore their faith, and enforce the statutes. 'Hardcore' is not a legal term, nor should it be in a democracy. We get to be hardcore if we choose as long as we obey the laws.

4. WittySocrates

WittySocrates Active Member

I think the issue of not standing is a non-issue.

The question about future policies is harder. I think government policy on the matter should have three pillars, those being inclusion, punishment and rehabilitation.

Inclusion - We need to foster a more inclusive nation so that Islamic Australians feel that they belong and to not feel the need to adopt such radical views.

Punishment - Those who choose to make common cause with a terrorist organisation should be hit with the full force of the law. They should be imprisoned in the general prison community and not with others who share their radical views. The sentences should be long and served in maximum security.

Rehabilitation - This would not be possible in all cases however we must attempt at least to rehabilitate these people so that they may one day become normal members of society.

5. therooster

therooster Banned

Grab yourselves a fine ar-15 and a few thousan rounds and i would go with a nice 20 gauge shotgun for home defense. Don't be a victim. The key is being able to protect yourself and your family.

6. therooster

therooster Banned

Oh, I'm sorry! Australia, I guess you aussies just have to bend over.sorry bout that.

7. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member

I think it's up to the Aussies what you do with such folks. If you run into trouble and you need our help, you know that we always have each others backs.

8. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

To the extend that they are criminal, imprison them. To the extent that they are not, leave them alone.

9. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

Hatred has achieved a lot, you watched to many Star War movies. I would give you my suggestions, but I was already warned over inciting violence.

10. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

People have been refusing to stand for the Judiciary for decades...I cant see the problem here..
    Its just media bs...trying to create controversy where none exists...just for a story......yawn yawn....

11. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

What's interesting about about the five men who attempted to take the tinny to Indonesia, only one has an Arabic name, Kadir Kaya. The others sound like they are of Italian descent , Musa Cerantonio and Antonio Granata and of Anglo descent, Shayden Thorne and Paul Dacre.

Converts to Islam obviously.

12. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

How did AR-15s and 12 guage shot guns protect those in the Twin Towers and planes on 9/11?

13. robot

robot Active Member

- Find and lock up those that preach hatred and violence towards others.
    - Teach people how to work out what is rubbish and what is good information.
    - Do not encourage any religion.

14. m2catter

Strange comment,
    especially when you consider that you guys are being bent over by your own NRA. Those guys dictate a lot, don't they? Be honest!
    I am happy that J.Howard put an end to that weapon crap in our country, and I am convinced those Neanderthal methods are not the way to tackle the problem....
    In regards to those hardliners (Islamists), where do you see our mistake (if any) in it?
    Regards

- - - Updated - - -

tv,
    the tenor was that they only stand up for Allah. That to me means, they don't really respect our country and jurisdiction....
    Cheers

15. m2catter

What is hatred achieving?
    Except for more wars and killings, and more and more and more....
    We are human beings, and should be proud of it and acting in a human way.
    Question is, what are we doing about those guys, and in which way should we alter our foreign policies if any....
    Cheers

16. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm a bit lost M2. These guys aren't obviously nice guys full stop, whether they stand for the magistrate or not. I don't think a Muslim refusing to stand for a judge means they don't respect our country or jurisdiction. I've never bowed or stood for a magistrate but probably would have if I was facing a charge :).

17. Oxymoron

Wars have been responsible for more development then all the Ghandi types put together.

18. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Musa Cerantonio

The ringleader of this Islamist cult in Melbourne is an Irish-Australian who converted to Islam and he's posing as an Islamic preacher without any qualifications to teach Islam. His followers may be mostly Caucasians based on their names.

19. m2catter

Mate,
    not quite sure what's wrong with you and your observations of history. Craving for the negatives?
    I will send you a song, maybe it touches you somehow and hopefully you won't see any more positives in a war.....
    We are all human beings, and if not mislead, seek almost the same....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk

Cheers

20. m2catter

tt,
    that is more of a worry, as we tend to look for our mistakes somewhere else. Blame the neighbor, the strangers, the foreigners.....

Our politician never question themselves, their decisions. Always looking backward, never forward.

Liked your comment,
    cheers

21. Oxymoron

You can shove that song up some Hippies tail pipe.

22. m2catter

Om,
    I am so happy you liked it.....
    Cheers

23. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

Hypocrisy in the OP aside, I guess treat them like everyone else.... is that so hard!?

Lol, but if you think more needs to be done join ASIO or the AFP, or go to your local Mosque and show them how friendly we all are. It's not 'Australians' who are at fault here, we are used to multiculturalism, its the muslim's who do not want to accept anything outside their own. Sure you'll always get a few idiots on both sides but the majority of muslim's claim to be peaceful moderates and these are the ones that need to step up. Consider what has driven multiculturalism in the past..... food
    :knifefork:
    The muslim community needs to try harder if they don't want to be defined by external events. Give us something to identify you with instead. All the excuses from muslim moderates here I've seen are mistruths and distortions to perpetuate a victim mentality which they can coalesce and hide behind. That is exactly the WRONG thing to do, because it gives credibility to radicals who go off into extremism land. So not only is reluctance of the moderates allowing the radicals to dictate the image of islam, but the reluctance of moderates is justifying the radicals position to themselves.

We love new cultures, but if they screw us around then we love them less and less... you get the point. Fool us once the jokes on us, fool us twice and it aint no joke anymore.

24. garry17

garry17 Well-Known Member

After the creator of the thread continually launches into tirades labelling anybody who has something to say about these religious types as racist bigots, out comes this thread. HOW can anybody take these people seriously???

25. scarlet witch

scarlet witch Well-Known Member Past Donor

I might have believed their "non standing" had something to do with faith if they were accused of not paying a speeding fine. As it were they were kinda on their way to join ISIS... accused of terrorism their non-standing signals much more than religious beliefs to me.

Since they are already facing life in jail the right approach is to ignore the non-standing and deal with the much more important charge of terrorism. If it were indeed a speeding fine, I would say increase the penalty for disrespecting the magistrate.