Project Fear is working.

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by cerberus, May 23, 2016.

1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

The unrelenting gushing of 'bad news' has much more impact than the rebuttals, which come across as weakness and lacking in objectivity. I'm afraid the Remain traitors have taken the initiative.

2. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

You all seem as bad as each other as far as focusing on bad news/predictions and lack of objectivity. The only thing I’m really clear on that none of the active proponents on either side have helped make the decision any easier. It’s like a normal election but without any actual policies or proposals to get at behind all the rhetoric, partisan politics and lies.

3. diamond lil

diamond lil Well-Known Member

That's because no policies are involved. The EU has a lot of problems, certainly, but we're better off staying in.
    Most of the people I know who want to leave moan about immigration, which is stupid.

4. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

Yes "project fear" is having an unfortunate effect. Daily Sky News is helping this campagne. Which I have to say (and eat humble pie) that the BBC has so far been generally immune against.

I know no one that wants to remain within the EU, expect my 18 year old niece, but she is a bit stupid & gained no A levels & watches moronic TV shows, so I can only say that pro-EU supportes are low-IQs.

5. diamond lil

She seems to have some sense if she believes we're better off staying in.

6. cerberus

Now why did the term 'useful idiot' come to mind when I read that?

God it's soooooooooooo depressing!!

7. diamond lil

Maybe you were thinking about yourself?

Anyway, taken from another thread on this category:

It's always about immigration.

8. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

Gordon Bennett - I remember when Britain was desperate to get into what was then called the European Common Market and de Gaulle and his famous "non" stuffed it up for the then government. Now it's bail out time. Dunno what the hell is going on over there.

9. cerberus

And you don't want to know, believe me! It's like living in a madhouse without walls.

10. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

That’s because you’re part of the problem. Regardless of which side of the debate you’re on, your only tactic is to call anyone who disagrees with you stupid.

You probably do know people who favour remain (it is a fairly even split nationally after all) but they’re not going to admit it to you if your only response is going to be to insult and dismiss them.

11. Gaius_Marius

Gaius_Marius Well-Known Member Past Donor

The policies are already in place. Do you like free movement of people and goods? Do you like the regional development fund for poorer regions of the EU?
    Do you like a Europe wide effort to maintain languages, culture and historic buildings and sites?
    I have seen the EU debates in numerous countries. What strikes me is the total lack of promotion of the positive sides anywhere.
    Even the people who support the EU seem unable to explain the massive benefits the EU has and has had on even the smallest things in our lives.
    Whether it be in green energy or lower roaming prices.

12. cerberus

All of that could be achieved without the member states surrendering their independence, self-respect, and sovereignty. :roll: :wall: Incidentally their cultures are now a memory from the past - it's all change from now on. But hey, keep up the spin, there are plenty of suckers out there who will buy it. 'One born every minute.' as they say?

13. Gaius_Marius

No it couldn't. You will have a hard time proving it as it has never happened. Why do you think Africa, South America and Asia have tried to recreate their own versions of the EU? Cultures that were suppressed and risking to be wiped out have been saved by the EU. Whether by funding Sicilian, Basque or Catalan culture. You are so uninformed that I question what you do with your life. I mean... How can you fail 90% of the times I read one of your comments?

I think there is more self respect in helping each other and making sure that everyone in Europe can live prosperous lives.
    Whatever you think your English culture might be it was changed by yourselves decades and decades ago. You had an empire. You had people from your empire move to England. The "loss" of English culture has zero to do with the EU or Europe.

English blaming the EU for their loss of culture is (*)(*)(*)(*)ing hilarious.

14. cerberus

As you know full well, I was referring to your cultures being overwhelmed, not mine. You won't think it's '(*)(*)(*)(*)ing hilarious' when it happens - and if only you were intelligent enough to perceive it, you'd know that it's happening right now. Sucker!!

15. Gaius_Marius

Our? Denmark? Italy? Who?
    I have only seen positive progress culture wise. Sicilians that are free to learn and speak their own language instead of being forced to speak Italian.
    Similar situations can be found in most large countries. If anything the EU has revived European culture and diversity.
    But I wouldn't expect you to know (*)(*)(*)(*) about anything as we have established already.

I don't know how people can be so arrogant when they know (*)(*)(*)(*). It's amazing to me.

16. cerberus

I know more than you want me to know, matey, and I've been on to you for a long time; you're obviously one of the parasites of Brussels and that's why you put such a positive spin on everything and deride me at every opportunity - because I'm the bringer of bad news for yourself and your c. 100,000 fellow parasites. And what has Sicily got to do with 'Europe', when we both know we're talking about northern European countries? Bit of dissembling was it?? [​IMG]

17. Gaius_Marius

I really don't think you do. Personally I have travelled to Sicily and Portugal every year since the 80's. I have seen the changes. I have felt the changes.
    Where have you been? Daily Mail?
    I have never worked in Brussels nor have I worked for the EU. You calling them parasites once more shows how uninformed you are. The bureaucracy at the EU is huge. Which is natural. Did you know though that it is one of the toughest places to work? Their case loads are enormous and compared to the member states they are very few in number.

What Sicily has to do with Europe? I take the uninformed part back. That is being too kind to you.

18. cerberus

Yes I know - it's why I mentioned the figure of 100,000, all living off the fat of the land thanks to the EU member states' taxpayers. Like I said - parasites all with their 'enormous case loads'. 'Bureaucrat Utopia' . . . I'll bet they can't believe their luck.

Southern Europe, when the mass immigrant problems and therefore culture changes are in Northern Europe?? :roll:

19. Gaius_Marius

Try reading what I write instead. Inform yourself whether it is a good place to work. One of the reasons I always decided against it is the work load. It is much bigger than anywhere else and the pay is not that good. If you look at how big the EU is and how much work they do the number of employees is actually extremely low. Had you studies the subject you would have known that.

Where are these culture changes taking place? Anywhere you visit regularly or is it based on your Daily Mail reading? I guess the latter.
    If anything Danes have become even more Danish the last 20 years. Deeply xenophobic and afraid of their own shadows. I left for that reason.

You are boring and uninformed.

20. Baff

Baff Well-Known Member

No thanks to all of those.

The problem here is that what you think of as positives, other people do not.
    So when you try and force your "positives" on people they get angry. The more you do it, the more angry they get.
    The more you try and solve it with more "positives" the more angry they get still. On and on and on and on, until one day they just say "to hell with it" and kill you.

Do your own thing. Let me do mine.
    What I do here in my own country? Not your concern.

21. Gaius_Marius

Force my "positives" on to others? The EU has been a voluntary project from the start. Everyone in it signed up by their own volition. Many had referendums confirming those choices. Many others have voted on a regular basis for each successive treaty.

You personally dislike the choices of your predecessors and want to change their choice. No one forced anything upon you and it is that kind of disingenuous comments you see al the time by the national sovereignty crowd.

I am happy with the choices of our predecessors and where the EU is today. A lot can be better but I do not for one moment think anything good will come out of everyone doing their own things. It never has in the history of Europe.

Now... You can declare that you dislike the EU and the fact that your predecessors joined. You can also dislike the fact that most of your politicians have seen the benefits of being in the EU. Nevertheless you cannot in any way say that anything has been forced on you by the EU.

22. PreteenCommunist

PreteenCommunist Active Member

The Eurosceptics can take credit for much of the fear-mongering. What is all this talk about hordes of immigrants destroying European culture and bringing terrorism into the country and the Eurocrats ripping away national freedom if not fear-mongering? Eurosceptics don't really seem to be focusing on positive arguments for leaving; most of their strategy is based on hatred, fear and meaningless rhetoric.

23. Baff

Baff Well-Known Member

Not me mate.
    I didn't sign up.

My predecessors didn't sign up either.

The EU wasn't a voluntary membership in my country.
    That's not how it went down here.

If your country and you are happy about it, then fine.
    Me and mine didn't get asked because they knew we would say "sod off".
    And still will and intend to very shortly.

And yes, I am rather tired of my politicians all seeing so many benefits of the EU.
    It's almost as is if they have a new master.
    So stop it or we will bomb you. EU has been pushing it's luck for a long time now. Long long time.

24. Gaius_Marius

Don't know what country you are from but that doesn't really matter. Your approach to the subject is way too emotional. I can hardly see any reason to debate someone who wants to bomb Europeans because he disagrees with their politics.
    Not only do you seem to have lost any grasp on reality but you also seem to have other issues you need to work on.

25. Baff

Baff Well-Known Member

Just one big one at the moment.
    I disagree with foreign powers interfering in our politics. To me that is a prelude to war.
    My offer of peace is conditional on others respecting my right to not be involved in their politics.
    100% conditional on this.

I'm from the UK. Referendum next month. Fingers crossed this can be settled amicably.