WWII - Eastern Front - General Remer

Discussion in 'History & Past Politicians' started by Jazz, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member Past Donor

An Interview With German General Otto Ernst Remer​

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Q: General Remer, what was your role in the Second World War?

A: ... I was a front-line commander, and I led combat units throughout the war years. The only exceptions were a three-month period in Berlin as commander of the Berlin guard regiment and another three months as commander of the bodyguard brigade of Hitler's headquarters.

Eventually I became a general and division commander. By personal order of Hitler, my division was sent into combat on the Eastern front only in the most critical areas, as a kind of fire brigade. And I remained a combat commander until the final day of the war.

Q: What is your view of the Polish Corridor crisis and the outbreak of the war in 1939?

A: In September 1944, when I was commander of the guard unit at Hitler's headquarters, I spoke with Hitler during a walk together outside. I asked him: "My Fuhrer, may I speak frankly with you for a moment?" "Of course," he replied. I then asked him: "Why did you really attack Poland? Couldn't you have been more patient?"

Hitler had only asked for an extra-territorial highway and rail line across Polish territory, and he wanted the return of Danzig to the Reich. These were really very modest demands. With a bit more patience, couldn't he have obtained these, in much the same way that Austria and the Sudetenland had been united with the Reich?

And Hitler replied:

"You are mistaken. I knew as early as March 1939 that Roosevelt had determined to bring about a world war, and I knew that the British were cooperating in this, and that Churchill was involved.
    God knows that I certainly did not want a world war. That's why I sought to solve the Polish problem in my own way with a kind of punishment expedition, without a declaration of war. After all, there had been thousands of murders of ethnic Germans and 1.2 million ethnic German refugees. What should I have done? I had to act. And for that reason, four weeks after this campaign, I made the most generous offer of peace that any victorious leader could ever have made. Unfortunately, it wasn't successful.

And then he said: "If I had not acted as I did with regard to the Polish question, to prevent a second world war, by the end of 1942 at the latest we would have experienced what we are now experiencing in 1944." That's what he said.

Q: Was Hitler too soft on England?

A: ...That was a mistake of Hitler's. Hitler always pursued policies based on ideology. One result was the alliance with Fascist Italy, which ended in the betrayal by Italy. And Hitler always believed in the Nordic-Germanic race and in the Nordic people, which included the English. That's why he made repeated offers of peace to Britain, which were always brusquely rejected. That's an important reason why we never occupied Britain, which would have eliminated Britain from the war. But for. ideological reasons, Hitler did not do that, which was certainly a mistake. But, after all, who does not make mistakes?

Hitler once said to me: "Every day that this war continues keeps me from doing the work that I am still destined to accomplish for the welfare of the German people."

He was referring to his domestic policies and programs. Hitler was terribly unhappy that he couldn't accomplish these things, but instead had to devote himself to the war. The period of peace lasted only six years, but what a great transformation was achieved during that short time!

Q: What about Dunkirk?

A: Treasonous officers, who knew about the German plan to invade Britain, which was known as operation "Sea Lion," reported to Hitler that a sea invasion of England was not militarily possible. They made this report, even though they knew it was not true, in order to prevent the invasion for political reasons. All this came out after the war. [Fabian von] Schlabrendorff testified to this effect at my trial.

Q: Did you agree with Hitler's policies, particularly his policy toward Russia?

A: Regarding the military campaign against the Soviet Union:

First of all, it should be clearly understood that at the time of the Balkans campaign in Yugoslavia and Greece in early 1941, when we had ten divisions on the entire length of the Soviet border, the Russians had stationed 247 major military formations on our border. After the conclusion of the Balkans campaign, we then quickly placed at most 170 major military units on the border with the Soviet Union. The Russians had readied themselves for an attack.

The initial successes of our forces against the Soviets were due to the fact that the Russians were not stationed in defense positions, but were instead positioned right at the front for attack, which made it possible for us to quickly encircle large Soviet forces. Thus, in the first weeks of the war, we were able to capture more than three million prisoners of war as well as enormous quantities of war equipment, all of which was on the frontier, positioned for attack.

That's the truth of the matter, which can be proven. I recently spoke with a Mr. Pemsel, who was a long-range aerial reconnaissance pilot. In the period before the beginning of the Soviet campaign, he flew as far as the Don River and observed and reported on this enormous concentration of Soviet forces on the border.

I also know from my own experience in the Russian campaign, and with the Russian prisoners, about the preparations by the Soviets for an imminent attack against Europe. The Russians were hoping that we would move against Britain so that they could then take advantage of the situation to overrun Europe.

Q: Do you believe war with the Soviet Union was inevitable following Hitler and Molotov's meeting in November 1940?

A: Soviet Foreign Minister Molotov demanded the Dardanelles. That is, we were supposed to approve the turning over of foreign territory which belonged to the Turks. Molotov thus made provocative demands which simply could not be met. Hitler was also conscious of the Soviet takeover of territory in Romania, at a time of supposed peace. Hitler also knew that the anti-German uprising in Belgrade, Yugoslavia, was organized by the Soviets. It was the Russians who wrecked the relationship between Germany and the Soviet Union.

And after he received more and more reports of Soviet preparations for an attack against Germany and Europe, Hitler reacted. I am thus absolutely certain that Hitler did not originally plan to attack the Soviet Union. Instead, he acted as the changing situation demanded.

Q: Is it true that the Germans referred to the Russians as "subhumans"?

A: Nonsense! The Russians are human beings just like everyone else.

Your question, whether we called the Russians "subhumans," is nonsense. We had a first-class relationship with the Russian people. The only exception, which was a problem we dealt with, was with the Soviet Commissars, who were all Jews. These people stood behind the lines with machine guns, pushing the Russian soldiers into battle. And anyway, we made quick work of them. That was according to order. This was during a war for basic existence, an ideological war, when such a policy is simply taken for granted.

There was sometimes talk about the so-called Asian hordes, and ordinary soldiers sometimes spoke about subhumans, but such language was never officially used.

Q: Wouldn't the Russians have fought with the Germans if they had not been so badly treated?

A:
    The Russians, that is, the Ukrainians and the people from the Caucasus, volunteered to fight, but we were not in a position to take advantage of this. We didn't have enough weapons. In war, there is a lot that ideally should be done, but we simply couldn't do it.

The Arabs also wanted weapons from us so that they could liberate themselves. And the Spanish leader Franco also wanted weapons as a condition for entering the war, but we simply didn't have enough ourselves.

The German armaments program did not really get going until after the war against the Soviets was underway. We started with 3,260 tanks. That's all we had, but the Soviets had 10,000. At that time our monthly production was 35 tanks. Imagine that! It wasn't until October 1944 that we reached the high point of our production of 1,000 tanks per month. So, our monthly production of tanks went from 35 in 1941 to 1,000 in late 1944. That's quite a difference, and it's proof that we were simply not militarily prepared for a world war.

Q: Where were you serving when the Soviet forces reached Germany?

A: I was the guard commander at the Wolfsschanze, Hitler's headquarters in East Prussia. I was there with part of my unit. It was still being organized, and wasn't yet ready. I participated in the counter-attack near Goldap, which was meant to throw back the Russians. However, that action lasted only eight days.

Q:
    Can you say something regarding Soviet atrocities against German civilians?

A: I myself saw cases involving women who had been killed, their legs spread apart and sticks thrust in, and their breasts cut off ... I saw these things myself, in Pomerania.

I spoke about this on the radio, and described it Dr. Goebbels asked me to describe this in detail, and he sent a radio team to interview me for that purpose. That was in the area around Stargard, where I saw this.

Q: What of the Soviet "Asiatic" troops?

A: It was terrible. The soldiers who did those things were at the front ...Asians, Mongols, and so forth.

Q:
    Were these atrocities part of conscious policy?

A:
    These things were done very consciously. They sought, in this way, to break our so-called class or elite mentality.

Q: Before you spoke of the Jewish commissars ...

A: The problem was that in the Soviet army, in contrast to our army and all other armies, the Russians had political commissars who, along with the military commanders, had authority to give orders. Almost all of them were Jews.

For example, in this regard, I observed something in Tarnapol and in Zolochev, which are east of Lvov [in Ukraine], during the course of a very rapid and successful military offensive.

We had captured Zolochev and a couple of my tanks were stuck behind. The troops took a rest on the edge of the town because we didn't yet know if there would be an enemy counterattack or if we were to continue our own attack. I wanted to call back my tanks. Anyway, in that little town I saw small children who had been thrown out of windows, and I saw women lying on the street who had been beaten to death with clubs. They were Jews.

I called to a [local] woman, and she came into my vehicle. And she said to me: "I'll show you why we did this."

We drove to the local prison. There was an area surrounded by a wall for the prisoners to walk around in. And in that area corpses were lying there this high ... The blood was still flowing from the corpses.

Just two hours earlier, as the Russians were leaving the town, they had used machine guns to kill all of the local Ukrainian nationalists who were prisoners there.

In this case as well, it was the Jewish commissars who had done this. And that's why the local Ukrainians had carried out pogroms against the Jews. And so, whenever a Ukrainian saw a Jew, he immediately killed him. But we were blamed for these deaths, even though we had no influence at all locally at that time. We weren't able to establish order until later.

Q: Was this done on purpose to discredit the Germans?

A:
    No, these anti-Jewish pogroms were an expression of the outrage of the people. They hated the Jews.

In Poland as well, there were often pogroms. As you may know, in Poland.there were even pogroms against the Jews after the war. That was really something. The outrage of the people in the East against the Jews, who always portrayed themselves as decent people and good merchants, is indescribable.

We Germans did not have this hatred of Jews, of ordinary Jews. The Jews lived among us without any problem. We had the Nuremberg racial laws because we didn't want any racial mixing. In Israel, of course, such laws are even more strict. At the time, the Zionists welcomed the [German] racial laws, because they were in keeping with their outlook. The Zionists were against racial mixing. Instead, they wanted all the Jews to migrate to Israel.

Q: What was Hitler like socially?

A: He was a perfect host. When I was at Hitler's headquarters in the Wolfsschanze, I often observed that he would always pay special attention whenever anyone was scheduled to arrive as a guest.

And before he would meet a guest at the train station, he would always make sure that everything was just right in the headquarters.

He would check to see if the carpet did not match the silverware, or whatever, and he would drive everyone crazy making sure that everything was tastefully done in preparation for the guest. He had a real personal concern for his guests.

Hermann Geisler, Hitler's architect, wrote a book about Hitler. [This is Ein anderer Hitler, a memoir]. It's a fantastic book that you ought to read. He [the author] was a really great guy, and he could imitate very well, especially Robert Ley [head of the Reich Labor Serviced And Hitler knew this. Hitler would urge him to imitate Ley's way of speaking. And he would [humorously] say: "My Führer, I can't do that, he'll put me in a concentration camp." "Ah, go ahead," Hitler would jokingly say, "I'll get you back out again." And that's what Hitler was like. And he would imitate Ley. [Remer imitates the imitation of Ley.] And Hitler would laugh so hard that tears came to his eyes.

Q: What about Hitler's love life?

A:
    Hitler had no time for that. He always said that he didn't have time for a wife. And Eva Braun played her part very well. No one knew about their relationship, which was kept private. She handled herself well when there were many guests around.

I don't think he was a great lover. I don't think so. He had a cousin, Geli Raubal, during the period of struggle before he became Chancellor. Hitler wasn't able to pay enough attention to her, but she loved him, and she took her own life. I think she was the only woman that Hitler really loved.

Q: Did Hitler father any children?

A:
    Nonsense. He didn't want any children.

Hitler thought of himself as a representative of the nation, and he rejected anything in his personal life that was inconsistent with that image. He always thought of himself as a statesman and he accordingly made very sure that his image was completely consistent with what the people expected of him.

Q: And didn't the people want their Führer to have children?

A: Yes, but for that he would have had to marry and become a husband. But he always said that he didn't have time for that.

I was with Hitler when he was just moving into his new headquarters, which was protected with concrete seven meters thick. And he entered his new bedroom where there was an ordinary soldier's bed there for him, except that it had two mattresses on it. And when he saw that, he curtly asked: Since when does a soldier sleep on two mattresses?" An adjutant present looked embarrassed, and then Hitler said: "You can take away one of them." And that's what Hitler was like. He did not ask for any special consideration for himself.

He paid for the entire defense perimeter around his general staff headquarters with his own money. He never received a penny of salary from the government. And until the end of the war, he paid for the defense perimeter himself, including the six kilometers of roadway, which cost a lot.

Hitler was a wealthy man, particularly from royalties from the sale of his book, Mein Kampf, which sold more than a hundred million copies. But he never took a penny of government money.

Q: General Remer, you have called for German-Soviet cooperation. Can you tell us about that?

A:
    We Germans must leave the NATO alliance. We must be militarily independent. We must create a nuclear-free zone. We must come to an understanding with the Russians. That is, we must obtain reasonable borders from the Russians. They are the only ones that can do that. The Americans don't have any influence at all in that regard.

In return, we will guarantee to buy [Russian] raw materials, and cooperate on hundreds of projects with the Russians, and that will eliminate our unemployment. All this has nothing to do with ideology. The Russians are so economically backward that they will readily and happily agree to this, and they'll be free of ideology.

Q: How would the French react to this?

A: France will have to work together with us. France is so much economically weaker than we are that it must trade with us in the West or not at all. The Americans are our mortal competitors.

Q: Might not a German-Soviet alliance lead to war?

A: No. On the contrary, we would prevent war. The Russians do not need a war. That's why Gorbachev makes his proposals. It's America that wants war.

Q:
    Wouldn't America try to provoke hostilities?

A: If we really come to an understanding with Russia, then it's all over for America.

Let me say frankly: the government of Adenauer [the first postwar West German chancellor] retained the entire wartime staff of Goebbels, and put them in government positions in Bonn. And as a result, the wartime anti-Communist outlook of Dr. Goebbels, which was quite proper during the war, was continued right up to the present. They were all Goebbels' people ... Who still really believes in Communism these days? We are really against Communism.

Q: What role do Jews play in the Soviet Union?

A: I can tell you that the Soviet leadership under Lenin was paid for by the Jews, who spent 220 million dollars. At that time, [German General] Ludendorff also gave Lenin money in order to end the war, and that was understandable.

Among the Soviet leaders at that time, 97 percent were Jews. And then Stalin came to power, and politicians who pursued a [non-ideological] policy in the interests of Russia, including the "Great Patriotic War" [that is, the Second World War], which he won.

Stalin not only had millions killed who were on the periphery of power, such as peasants, but he also had 1.6 million of Lenin's followers, including Trotsky, systematically shot as well. And as a result, Russia today is regarded as the only country that is anti-Jewish or free of Zionist influence. We Germans ought to be glad for the rivalry between Washington and Moscow. We have to take advantage of these differences.

Q: What sort of Jewish influence was there in the U.S.S.R. during the Second World War?

A:
    After the war, many Jews were deported to the Ural area, and the Polish Jews fled. The Russians needed soldiers, and some of the Jews were used as partisans. And the Russians saw that the people didn't want them. They weren't happy with them, and they deported them. During the war we estimated that there were perhaps 1.8 million, or perhaps 2 million, I don't know for sure, Jews in the Soviet Union. There weren't that many.

Q: And Jewish influence in the Soviet Union today?

A: There are certainly [still] a few, but their influence has decreased drastically. In the Supreme Soviet today less than four percent are Jews, as opposed to 97 per cent [in Lenin's time]. So you can see how things have changed.

Q:
    What of Jews in Soviet professional life?

A:
    Yes, but they don't matter. They don't have any political influence.

Q:
    Have you spoken with the Russians?

A:
    Yes, I've spoken with the Soviet ambassador Valentyn Falin. I meet with him when I visit Bonn, or with the press secretary in Cologne. They welcome me, and we speak together as freely as you and I do here. It's completely normal for someone in political life to speak freely with his adversaries.

Q:
    Do you think the Russians will really cooperate?

A:
    For the time being, we don't count. We are not a political force. We can only act as a political factor when we are a political power.

I've written a pamphlet which I sent to Moscow and which I discussed with the Soviet embassy. They were in agreement and said that if all Germans thought like I do, political relations would be a lot simpler. However, [they said] we have to deal with Bonn, and because Bonn is in the NATO alliance, Bonn is our adversary. So that's the situation.

Q: Why is the publication of your organization called The Bismarck German?

A: That's because Bismarck pursued a policy oriented toward the East, and as a result of his "Reinsurrance Treaty" [1887] with Russia, we had 44 years of peace.

From The Journal of Historical Review, Spring 1990 (Vol. 10, No. 1), pages 108-117.

About the Author

Otto Ernst Remer (1912-1997) was a German soldier during the Second World War. In July 1944 he played a key role in putting down the conspiracy to murder Hitler and seize control of the German government. After the war Remer was an influential publicist and author, and for a time was active in German political life. He addressed the Eighth (1987) Conference of the Institute for Historical Review, where he spoke on "My Role in Berlin on July 20, 1944."

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v10/v10p108_Schoeman.html
    -----------------------
    In his old age he had to seek asylum in Spain; the German government wanted to incarcerate him for thought crime!
    Last year, 2015, they successfully imprisoned an 87 year old Lady, Ursula Haverbeck, for stating Auschwitz was a labor camp, not an extermination camp!! One can only shake ones head about such lack of saneness. Or is it cowering obedience to orders from "above"?

2. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

What nice Nazi supporting rubbish.....I had a nice chuckle at these absurdities.

3. Jazz

You are a victim of steady and mean anti-German brainwashing propaganda.

Btw., Nazis are Germans, in case you think they are a special race. 70 years of indoctrination of distortions and outright lies about the Hitler era has successfully ingrained into the world's and Germans' minds the "victors version" of WWII. The Germans are not allowed to voice their own opinions and remembrances where Jews are concerned.
    General Remer, too, was indicted for "popular incitement" and "incitement to racial hatred" because of allegedly anti-Jewish "Holocaust denial" articles that had appeared in five issues of his tabloid newsletter, Remer Depesche. The judges in the case flatly refused to consider any of the extensive evidence presented by Remer's attorneys.

The Remer case points up the strange and even perverse standards that prevail in Germany today. Although his "crime" was a non-violent expression of opinion, to dispute claims of mass gassings in wartime concentration camps is regarded in today's Germany as a criminal attack against all Jews, who enjoy a privileged status there.

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v17/v17n1p-7_Weber.html

4. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Jazz

The short story of a German soldier's experiences in Stalingrad:

http://ww2history.com/testimony/Eastern/German_soldier_Stalingrad

Helmut Walz

The brutality of the house to house fighting in Stalingrad almost defies imagination. Helmut Walz was one of those who took part in this struggle, and he vividly reveals just what it was like.

Testimony Transcript:

Laurence Rees:
    Helmut Walz was a soldier with the German 305th Infantry Division, and he participated in Operation Blue, the huge German offensive across the steppes of southern Russia in the summer of 1942.

Words of Helmut Walz:
    The feeling was the mood was good. Nobody complained in any way. We were confident we would win. Every day we had successes. Every day we advanced and advanced. We always advanced, we never retreated, never. We always went towards the east. We never felt humiliated. We always felt superior because the Russians went away from us and wherever they actually entered into a fight with us they were shot down. And so we did have this feeling of superiority.

In general you had the feeling that National Socialism was very much superior to Bolshevism. Well, we saw it. We did not know what it was like at the time of the Tzars, but we could see that they were really behind us in their development. Under Stalin they were only allowed to have one cow. The Stalin Cow, as we would say. We still believed in victory. What else could you do? Put up a grumpy face? You couldn’t do that. That’s where you have comradeship, absolute comradeship, because we were all closer to death than to life. We were just believing one hundred percent in victory, and that was it.

At that stage you had that feeling, yes, we will finish this off. And the war is going to be over soon, at the end of 1942, yes, it had to end, it had to end. We were optimistic. All the news we received was good. Rommel advanced in Africa, we heard news of victories, we heard of the submarines who kept sinking other ships, whether it’s true I don’t know. And then, above all, the Japanese started as well in the Pacific area, so the whole world seemed to be on our side, in victory. We had major successes.

Laurence Rees:
    The Germans arrived at Stalingrad, on the river Volga, in late August 1942. And when they did, Walz and his comrades thought that this city too could be conquered swiftly.

Words of Helmut Walz:
    We did not think that we would have to fight meter by meter. In the beginning you thought you march over there, you give a little cover, and then you’re there. But that was not the case. The Russians really defended themselves meter by meter and so this resulted in close combat.

Laurence Rees:
    So within a matter of days, Walz found himself in one of the most brutal hand to hand battles fought in modern times. And he soon learnt new skills, not just in battle, but in dealing with his own comrades – like when one of his superiors called for volunteers, for example.

Words of Helmut Walz: I said, ‘I will go first,’ because I had a principle that I would always go first - voluntarily. And the background was that it had been proven to me in those fights in the craters that this was a good idea, because if you are the first one to jump you’ve landed in the next crater before the Russian could actually aim at you. But the second one will be the one who gets killed. And that’s why I always volunteered. It was tactics. Instinctive tactics. It could have been a lesson to the other ones, but I didn’t tell them. I always said, ‘No, I’m the first one to jump.’ We did not talk much about close combat, we just sort of drifted into it. The only thing that we did was to get rid of all the unwieldy weapons so that we were mobile. We all had to use spades at some stage. They were folded and you could screw them together. It could be a terrible weapon. Just hit it into somebody’s head or stomach or somewhere else. If they saw that you had a spade they tried to get away, or they surrendered.

Laurence Rees:
    Amidst the rubble of Stalingrad it was hard sometimes to know where the front line really was. As Walz discovered himself one day.

Words of Helmut Walz:
    Somebody called out for a medical orderly, and I said, ‘He must be over there.’ And we called out: ‘Where are you? Medic, where are you?’ But he did not answer, so I jumped back, and he wasn’t there anymore. So I called his name loudly, I asked everybody, ‘Did you see the medical orderly?’ And then I looked around, and then I saw the lid of the sewerage system. And somebody else came and helped me, and we found an iron bar, and with that iron bar we pulled that lid off, and we threw a hand grenade into it. We did not see any Russians but we threw the hand grenade into it, and I said, ‘They pulled him down there.’ Maybe, for one reason, that they needed a medical orderly themselves, because they did not have any, maybe, or maybe they just wanted to take away our medical orderly, that’s possible. He did not carry any weapon at all. He refused to do that. He was saving lives, it was his duty to save lives and nothing else. The Russians hid in the sewers. If you advanced three meters you always had to make sure and look around you to see whether they were not sitting behind you. You always had to defend yourself all around. Despite the fact we were attacking, you had to defend yourself all around.

Laurence Rees:
    After several weeks fighting house to house in Stalingrad, Walz was injured. And the story of how he was hurt reveals much about the horrendous nature of this struggle.

Words of Helmut Walz: On the day when I was wounded, that was the 17th October 1942, we went towards the red barricades. I think it was a metallurgical factory, and behind it was a gun factory. And what else was there? There was also - what do you call it - a steelworks? Yeah, that’s the Red October steelworks. And we were outside. That’s where the rubble field was. You had bomb craters and grenade craters and nothing else. So we fought our way to the factory yard of the red barricade.

Schaubel runs with his machine gun as if he was on the parade ground. He had the machine gun shouldered and he just keeps on running straight. Then he was shot and fell into a grenade crater or a bomb crater. There he lies and I had to take care that I could get towards him without being shot. So I listened out whether they were still shooting, and for one or two seconds it was quiet, so I jumped over it into the crater towards him, and I saw that his mouth was all dirty and his nose as well. So I wiped that away and then I said to him, ‘Schaubel, you are seriously injured.’ And he said, ‘Yes, yes, and now I will be taken back home, now I’ll be brought back home.’ And that’s when I saw that he had bullet holes and exit wounds and bullet wounds and exit holes at the back. And you could see his lungs and blood all around it. Goodness, what am I going to do with this man? He was wearing his coat, his machine gun had dropped to one side, and I said to him, ‘Where are your first aid packets?’ Where they are supposed to be. They were in the front. He had four packets, actually. You had at least two, but because so many died you just kept putting extra ones into your pockets. And I said to him, ‘Schaubel, just stay where you are, we will fetch you tonight, I promise it to you.’ And then I took away his pistol so that he wouldn’t shoot himself, and put his canteen next to his mouth so that if he was thirsty he was able to drink. He was reported missing later on. I was told that in hospital.

Then I went forwards towards the dugout that they were shooting from. Bullets were flying above my head. And so I see Russians in front of me, maybe five meters away from me. So I called out to them to surrender, and they did not do that, so I threw in a hand grenade, and now you can imagine what it looked like in there. One of them came out and he had blood coming from his mouth, from his nose and from his ears. And he pulled his machine gun, the Russian machine gun with a drum at the front, he pulls it into the air and I say to myself: ‘Well, you ain’t gonna get me.’ And I aim my gun at him and all of a sudden I see little stars. I was shot and that was it. I saw little stars in front of my eyes. I looked to my right, and I ran my left hand over my face and a jet of blood comes out and my teeth flew out of my mouth. It was half past ten in the morning, a Saturday morning. Now it’s all over, I thought. And so my colleague saw it and he went, ‘Ah, ah!’ He crushed the head of the Russian who had shot me. He crushed his head despite the steel helmet he was wearing, right into the middle of his face. That made such a cracking noise, I can still hear it today. It’s brutal, but what can you do? And then I saw my second lieutenant, Hennes, he was maybe 20 or 30 meters away from me. So I gave this sign with my right hand, and then I waited again. Who’s shooting, where are they shooting, are there any bullets around me? Was it a sniper, was it one of our bullets? And then I went to the second lieutenant, into his hole, and he said, ‘Come on, where are your first aid packets?’ I could not say anything. And he took the two packets out and bandaged me. My steel helmet had gone anyway. So he bandaged me and all of a sudden he said, ‘Careful, a Russian.’ And he aimed his machine gun at him and then his steel helmet flies through the air. He got shot in his head and he had that leather strap underneath and that was just blown away and it flew through the air and then I looked at him and I saw how he was shot in his head and how his head split. That’s the first time I saw a brain. On the left hand side and on the right hand side there were parts of the brain, and in the middle there was water. No blood, but water. And he looked at me and he was standing on the soil with his wound. At the slope of the crater. And so he fell in there. Luckily he had bandaged me before. Now I was on my own. And then how do I get back?

In the distance I saw train wagons, and behind Stalingrad there was a railway. And so I tried to jump from crater to crater and all the time I got all these bullets around me, and I crossed the railway tracks by crawling through underneath the wagons. They gave me a bit of cover. And so I was thinking, well I could really stay here. Then you can take a breath. But of course I knew how wounded I was and if I lost too much blood I would become unconscious. I have to continue. There was a road, and I had to go to that road. So there was a sort of a ditch with water in it, first I had to cross that, and then I came to the road. And on the road, our armoured personnel carrier came with ten men inside. There was also a second lieutenant in there. He saw me and he stopped, opened the door at the back and then he said, ‘Gentlemen, we’re going to the main bandaging unit. The war is finished for us today. We’ll bring him back, we’ll take him back.’ And he did not take me to the division’s bandaging unit, but straight away to the main bandaging unit where there were also the planes. So in the evening, I was operated on. So the wound was sewn together whatever way they could. And the Protestant minister of the division and the Catholic priest of the division were standing next to me and the Catholic priest, Mr Spitz, said, ‘Hah.’ You know, he was looking at the head every now and again. ‘You can still kiss, but whether the girl’s lips will meet yours, I don’t know yet.’ I could have given him a kick, but I couldn’t talk, could I? They had put a little hose through my nose. So I got liquid food through that hose. That’s how they fed me. And then the next day or the day after that I was brought out by plane. I did lose quite a lot of blood, and I still did not know what was wrong with me. I realized that I did not have any teeth any more. Everything was a bit mushy. They were torn off all the way down, and they patched it up later on. By the way, I got seven operations on that. So they put in a lot of effort in Wuerzburg and in the university jaw clinic in Heidelberg. They operated on me again and again.

Laurence Rees:
    Despite his terrible injuries, Walz, in the context of Stalingrad, was lucky. Those of his comrades who carried on fighting, and who were captured after the German surrender at Stalingrad in February 1943, faced near certain death. Just over 90,000 Germans were taken prisoner by the Soviets. And of the ordinary soldiers amongst them 95% would die in Soviet captivity.

----------------------
    The Russians as well as the Germans fought hard and desperate. Only one of them could eventually win. My heart goes out to the German soldiers, because I know them. But surely, there are also Russian mothers and sisters who's hearts are aching for the brutal loss of their sons and brothers. At least they won in the end, while the few German surviving soldiers after Gulag experience came home to a pile of ruins and rubble and shame for what their country supposedly had done. Half their country was occupied by the Commies; another huge part had been given to the Poles. The rest was divided among the Western allies.
    They learned the fate of their brothers who had fought on the Western Front!!

Things have changed enormously. Now the Americans press a button in Rammstein (Germany) and an unmanned drone in Iraq or Afghanistan will wipe out an entire wedding party or a single Afghan resistance fighter.

6. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

No youre just a holocaust denying Nazi as your IHR Nazi website source clearly states, Hitler was planning the invasion of the East since at least the authoring of Mein Kampf I know this because he clearly said so in Mein Kampf. Hitler was fighting for racial supremacism over the Untermensch of the world to be enslaved under Aryan rule and the extermination of the Lebensunwertes Leben (Jews, Gypsies, Poles, Slavs, etc) under Generalplan Ost to clear the path for Aryan Lebensraum. Hitler's war was one of territorial conquest, ethnic cleansing, and genocide. His war against the Soviet Union was primarily motivated for said conquest as clearly outlined in Mein Kampf:

Therefore we National Socialists have purposely drawn a line through the line of conduct followed by pre-War Germany in foreign policy. We put an end to the perpetual Germanic march towards the South and West of Europe and turn our eyes towards the lands of the East. We finally put a stop to the colonial and trade policy of pre-War times and pass over to the territorial policy of the future.

But when we speak of new territory in Europe to-day we must principally think of Russia and the border States subject to her.

This colossal Empire in the East is ripe for dissolution. And the end of the Jewish domination in Russia will also be the end of Russia as a State. We are chosen by Destiny to be the witnesses of a catastrophe which will afford the strongest confirmation of the nationalist theory of race.

But it is our task, and it is the mission of the National Socialist Movement, to develop in our people that political mentality which will enable them to realize that the aim which they must set to themselves for the fulfilment of their future must not be some wildly enthusiastic adventure in the footsteps of Alexander the Great but industrious labour with the German plough, for which the German sword will provide the soil.

http://greatwar.nl/books/meinkampf/meinkampf.pdf

7. Jazz

It was the mightiest and bloodiest struggle the world has ever seen. ​

"For Germany and its European allies, it began with an unbroken succession of victories. Checked by the Russian winter at the very gates of Moscow, the armies of Europe held on and continued their advance to the southeast in 1942. With the turn of the tide in 1943, thanks to the Soviet's almost inexhaustible manpower, lavish aid from Bolshevism's capitalist allies, and the
    vast spaces of the Russian heartland, the Germans, bolstered by hardfighting European volunteers in the ranks of the Waffen SS, performed prodigies of heroism to the bitter end, when the Red tide engulfed Europe as far as Luebeck and Trieste, and the soldiers of the plutocratic Mammon and the Bolshevik Moloch clasped hands on the Elbe."

Leon Degrelle is another outstanding soldier on the Eastern Front. He and his Walloones volunteered to fight with Germany against Communist Russia. It was his great luck to survive the war and then to escape capture by the Western Allies. Neutral Spain granted him asylum!
    Here I have a few short excerpts from his Book,

Campaign In Russia: The Waffen SS on the Eastern Front​

The Epic of the Volunteer Wallonian Legion, A Unit of the Pan-European Waffen SS, as Told by Its Leader, Leon Degrelle​

"The Russians came at dawn, the better part of two regiments, men and tanks silhouetted against the blood-red sun as they moved forward across the steppe. Huddled among the peasants' huts of Gromovaya-Balka, the men of the Wallonian Legion awaited them, silently cursing the frozen earth, which had offered implacable resistance to their entrenching tools.

Against the oncoming Soviet troops—4,000 of them—and the 14 tanks which accompanied them, the 500 Belgian volunteers who held the village disposed of no weapons heavier than machine guns. Their only hope was to hold on until the German command, hard pressed all along the Samara front, could rush them reinforcements badly needed in other sectors.

Corporal Leon Degrelle crouched behind the frozen carcass of a horse, sighting down the barrel of his MG34. He gave no heed to the bitter cold or to his injured foot, painfully broken two weeks before.

The Russian artillery shells were already landing in the village, inflicting terrible casualties when they were on target. Now the Soviet infantry broke into a run, their blood-curdling battle cry, "Ourrah pobieda!," "Hurrah for victory!," ringing in the ears of the French-speaking Walloons, drowning out the cries of the wounded and dying. Degrelle and his comrades began to fire, tearing big gaps in the ranks of the advancing Russians..."
    ----
    "Cossacks had charged from one side, dressed in splendid blue uniforms, waving their eagle-hilted sabres. They galloped in, seated proudly on the aluminum and willow saddles of their agile horses. All of them were mercilessly swept aside. The horses fell dead, their forelegs twisted beneath them; the handsome Cossacks rolled in the snow, in all directions, or were frozen solid by the cold on their saddles, united in death with their mounts.

The Siberian infantry had rushed to the attack as naively as the Cossacks, storming down two hills and then across the steppe. None had been able to come closer than thirty meters from the houses. The bodies of several hundred Siberians lay scattered in the snow. All of them were magnificently equipped, dressed in thick flannels of American make under a thin uniform,
    which in turn was covered with a heavy cotton uniform, a cloak and a white great coat.

They had been well armed against the cold, at least.

They were nearly all Asiatics, with hair as strong as the bristles of a wild boar. The ice had preserved them at the very moment they fell. One of them had had an eye put out of its socket by a bullet that had entered the center of his forehead. The eye had frozen instantly. It had moved forward, as long as a finger, under the arch of the eyebrow, like a terrifying optical instrument. The pupil stared at us, as lifelike as if the Mongol still breathed. The eyes of the dead, in those forty-below-zero freezes, retained an extraordinary sharpness."
    ---
    "We were distracted from our worries by hundreds of silver foxes running between our legs. There was a farm of about two thousand of these graceful animals to the right of us. The proprietors had opened all the doors of the cages before they fled. Wondrously supple, the foxes dashed between the explosions, brushing the ground with their long shining tails."
    ----
    "Groups of young women in flight stayed with us. What could we do!
    There was no longer anything to keep them from falling into the hands of the Bolsheviks. Their youngsters were exhausted. They were dying of hunger and thirst. The young mothers, still beautiful in their ordeal, knew what awaited them.

It was 28 April 1945. The crowds on the road had become prodigious. Thousands of political deportees mingled their blue and white striped uniforms with the throng of trucks and carts, the hundreds of thousands of women and children, and the columns of soldiers with the most diverse weapons.

Our two last infantry battalions went forward with difficulty. But they passed nevertheless through the gigantic scramble.

At eight o'clock in the evening the town of Neustrelitz exploded in huge orange flames across a sky of bedlam behind us. In four years we thought we had seen the greatest in the way of catastrophes. But Neustrelitz broke all the records that night. No expense was spared for the final fireworks of the war. Stupendous explosions burst forth amidst a din like the end of the world.

We went out onto the jetty of a little gray lake, streaked by the burning reflections of the spectacle. A black bark was drifting there. The darkness smelled of moss, of forget-me-nots, and of new leaves. It was an admirable spot, just made for murmuring poetry to a lady with silken hair. But this was a universe on fire that was spewing its life to the skies, to fall back in vertiginous cataracts, shaking this spring evening to infinity."

https://archive.org/details/Campaign-in-Russia-Leon-Degrelle

Here you can read his book:
    https://archive.org/stream/Campaign...lle/Campaign-in-Russia-Leon-Degrelle_djvu.txt

[​IMG]

8. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

nazi scum, i hope he died a painful, honorless death

9. mihapiha

mihapiha Active Member

This Remer interview indeed proves how well propaganda works. People like this exist unfortunately, who would believe the Nazi-BS until the day they died.

I'm reminded of a story my professor told me when he was still in college. A father with his 8 year old son came to him and asked if he could arrange private lessons for his son in history. My professor then in his 20s was surprised that a 8 year old needed lessons in history, and asked the father for the reason. The father claimed he was too busy to teach his son and opened up the notebook of his son. It was what the child heard at school that day, and it said: "Greatest achievement by the ancient Romans: The destruction of Jerusalem 70 AD".

The source you liked us to is by IHR. Mark Edward Weber, (born October 9, 1951) the director of the Institute for Historical Review, an American Holocaust denial, and right-wing organization based in Newport Beach, California. I don't think ihr.org is a trustworthy source for historical accuracy.

I find it amazing that there are people who have such difficulty believing 99% or more of the scientific historic community when it comes to the holocaust. I can also insure you that there is no greater offensive word in German than to be called a Nazi, so please stop calling Germans Nazis in the future, primarily because that is a political view not a generalization of a people. In order to get my MA in history I did research on WW2 myself and believe me there is no "victors version" of WW2 here anymore. In fact Germans (even more than Austrians) are the only people as far as I know who actively teach their young about what their grand-parents generation did. We may be the only people who're educated with the knowledge, that our ancestors did something horrible. Compare that to Britain's denial about how they treated India, America's denial on the genocide on native-Americans, French's denial about their colonies in Africa, etc. etc.

10. PolakPotrafi

PolakPotrafi Banned

If it was only about supposed German territory claims, or Germans supposedly being oppressed in Poland.

How come Nazis killed 200,000 Polish during the Warsaw Uprising, which Warsaw was not a former part of German territory?

Seems Lebensraum (Drang nach Osten) outlined in Generalplan Ost is the real culprit.

Nazi Germany merely wanted to expand German influence, power, and living space.

11. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

again, this man was a piece of (*)(*)(*)(*) and i pray he died a horrible death.

12. mihapiha

mihapiha Active Member

This contradicts reality big time. It's what Nazi-propaganda tried to push to the people.
    What is mostly surprising about all this, is the fact that people to this day believe this BS. Keep in mind how many Germans went to Argentina after WW2 and what kind of immigrants they tended to be. I listened to some reports, and there are descendants of some war criminals there who actually believe that Poland attacked Germany first. The reason for this was a Nazi propaganda thing which was prepared for months so that it would look like Germans "fired back", however the antenna which should have proved Poland's aggression to the world failed, and only few Germans actually saw the evidence of the propaganda move... It was called the Gleiwitz incident

13. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

Jazz is a holocaust denier and Nazi-sympathizer.

14. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

Ah lionizing the Waffen SS, truly disgusting, I'm sure you are in love with the Einsatzgruppen as well what with their rear actions of slaughtering Jewish women and children simply because they were Jewish. Here is the unrepentant testimony of SS-Gruppenführer Otto Ohlendorf head of Einsatzgruppen D outlining the rear actions of the Einsatzagruppen regarding the intentional murder of ethnic Jews in the East based on their blood including the women and children pay special attention to the section in bold:

Q. What were these orders?

A. These orders had as their purpose to make it as easy as possible for the unfortunate victim and to prevent the brutality of the men from leading to inevitable excesses. Thus I first ordered that only so many victims should be brought to the place of execution as the execution commandos could handle. Any individual action by any individual man was forbidden. The Einsatzkommandos shot in a military manner only upon orders. It was strictly ordered to avoid any maltreatment, undressing was not permitted. The taking of any personal possessions was not permitted. Publicity was not permitted, and at the very moment when it was noted that a man had experienced joy in carrying out these executions, it was ordered that this man should never participate in any more executions. The men could not report voluntarily, they were ordered.
    Q. Why did you not prevent the liquidations?

A. Even if I use the most severe standard in judging this, I had as little possibility as any of the codefendants here to prevent this order. There was only one thing, a senseless martyrdom through suicide, senseless because this would not have changed anything in the execution of this order, for this order was not an order of the SS, it was an order of the Supreme Commander in Chief and the Chief of State; it was not only carried out by Himmler or Heydrich. The army had to carry it out too, the High Command of the Army as well as the commanders in the east and southeast who were the superior commanders for the Einsatzgruppen and Einsatzkommandos. If I could imagine a theoretical possibility, then there was only the refusal on the part of those persons who were in the uppermost hierarchy and could appeal to the Supreme Commander and Chief of State, because they had the only possibility of getting access to him. They were, after all, the highest bearers of responsibility in the theater of operations.

Q. Did you not try in Nikolaev to dissuade the Reich Leader SS from this order?

A. The situation in Nikolaev was especially depressing in a moral sense, because in agreement with the army, we had excluded a large number of Jews, the farmers, from the executions. When the Reich Leader SS was in Nikolaev on 4 or 5 October, I was reproached for this measure and he ordered that henceforth, even against the will of the army, the executions should take place as planned. When the Reich Leader SS arrived at my headquarters, I had assembled all available commanders of my Einsatzgruppe. The Reich Leader addressed these men and repeated the strict order to kill all those groups which I have designated. He added that he alone would carry the responsibility, as far as accounting to the Fuehrer was concerned. None of the men would bear any responsibility, but he demanded the execution of this order, even though he knew how harsh these measures were. Nevertheless, after supper, I spoke to the Reich Leader and I pointed out the inhuman burden which was being imposed on the men in killing all these civilians. I didn't even get an answer.

Q. Now, I cannot pronounce it correctly, the Karaims were another sect whom you encountered in the south of Russia, and this sect had no Jewish blood, but it did share the religious confessions of the Jews. Is that right?

A. Yes.

Q. You submitted to Berlin the question whether the Karaims should be killed, and I understood you to say that the order you got from Berlin was you shall not kill them for they have nothing in common with the Jews except the confession?

A. Yes.

Q. Will you explain to the Court, please, what difference there was between the Karaims and the Krimchaks, except Jewish blood ?

A. I understand your question completely in reference to the eastern Jews, in the case of the Jews who were found in the eastern campaign. These Jews were to be killed-according to the order-for the reason that they were considered carriers of bolshevism, and, therefore, considered as endangering the security of the German Reich. This concerned the Jews who were found in Russia, and it was not known to me that the Jews in all of Europe were being killed, but on the contrary I knew that down to my dismissal these Jews were not killed, but it was attempted at all costs to get them to emigrate. The fact that the Karaims were not killed showed that the charge of the prosecution that persons were persecuted for their religion is not correct, for the Karaims had that Jewish religion, but they could not be killed because they did not belong to the Jewish race.

Q. I think, Witness, you answered exactly what I had antici-

*Sect which refused the Talmud and adopted the Old Testament as sole source of faith.
    **Turkish Jews of mixed Semitic and Tartaric blood.

Page 275

pated in the last sentence, "They did not belong to the JewishRace," is that right?

A. Yes, That is right.

Q. They were found in Russia?

A. Yes.

Q. But they participated in the Jewish confession in Russia?

A. The Karaims had the Jewish faith, yes.

Q. But your race authorities in Berlin could find no trace of Jewish blood in them?

A. Yes.

Q. So they came absolutely under the Fuehrer Decree or the Streckenbach Order to kill all Jews?

A. Yes.

Q. Because of blood?

A. Because they were of Jewish origin. For you must understand the Nazi ideology, as you call it. It was the opinion of the Fuehrer that in Russia and in bolshevism, the representatives of this blood showed themselves especially suitable for this idea, therefore, the carriers of this blood became especially suitable representatives of the bolshevism. That is not on account of their faith, or their religion, but because of their human make-up and character.

Q. And because of their blood, right?

A. I cannot express it any more definitely than I stated, from their nature and their characteristics. Their blood, of course, has something to do with it, according to National Socialist ideology.

Q. Let's see, if I can understand it; we've got a lot of time, I hope. What was the distinction except blood?

A. Between whom?

B. Between the Karaims and the Krimchaks?

A. The difference of the blood, yes.

Q. Only the difference in blood, is that so?

A. Yes.

Q. So the criterion and the test which you applied in your slaughter was blood?

A. The criteria which I used were the orders which I got, and it has not been doubted during the entire trial, that in this
    Fuehrer Order the Jews were designated as the ones who belonged to that circle in Russia and who were to be killed.

Q. Tell us how orders that you operated under in 1941 in Russia differed from the order which controlled killing of Jews in Poland in 1939 ?

A. In Poland individual actions had been ordered, while in Russia, during the entire time of the commitment, the killing of all Jews had been ordered. Special actions in Poland had been ordered, whose contents I do not know in detail.

COL. AMEN: Were all victims, including the men, women, and children executed in the same manner?

OHLENDORF: Until the spring of 1942, yes. Then an order came from Himmler that in the future women and children were to be killed only in gas vans.

COL. AMEN: How had women and children been killed previously?

OHLENDORF: In the same was as the men - by shooting.

COL. POKROVSKY: You said that mostly women and children were executed in these vans. For what reason?

OHLENDORF: That was a special order from Himmler to the effect that women and children were not to be exposed to the mental strain of the executions; and thus the men of the kommandos, mostly married men, should not be compelled to aim at women and children.

THE TRIBUNAL (Gen. Niktchenko): In your testimony you said that the Einsatz group had the object of annihilating the Jews and the commissars, is that correct?

OHLENDORF: Yes.

THE TRIBUNAL (Gen. Niktchenko): And in what category did you consider the children? For what reason were the children massacred?

OHLENDORF: The order was that the Jewish population should be totally exterminated.

THE TRIBUNAL (Gen. Niktchenko): Including the children?

THE TRIBUNAL (Gen. Niktchenko): Were all the Jewish children murdered?

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/nuremberg/Ohlentestimony.html

That is the truth of your Nazi heroes, disgusting.

15. ThirdTerm

[​IMG]

Remer was promoted to major general who could command a division after he foiled the plot to assassinate Hitler. But I have not found any mention of his name in the literature and Remer was a relatively minor figure who was only responsible for Hitler's personal security without contributing much to the German war-effort against the Soviet Union. Perhaps he was hiding in Hitler's bunker in Berlin when the city fell to the Red Army.

16. Jazz

I don't know! Go, google it!
    I disagree!

17. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

You see nobody really cares what a holocaust denier who lionizes the Waffen SS has to say about anything, lionizing the Waffen SS is truly disgusting, I'm sure you are in love with the Einsatzgruppen as well what with their rear actions of slaughtering Jewish women and children simply because they were Jewish. Here is the unrepentant testimony of SS-Gruppenführer Otto Ohlendorf head of Einsatzgruppen D outlining the rear actions of the Einsatzagruppen regarding the intentional murder of ethnic Jews in the East based on their blood including the women and children pay special attention to the section in bold:

Q. What were these orders?

A. These orders had as their purpose to make it as easy as possible for the unfortunate victim and to prevent the brutality of the men from leading to inevitable excesses. Thus I first ordered that only so many victims should be brought to the place of execution as the execution commandos could handle. Any individual action by any individual man was forbidden. The Einsatzkommandos shot in a military manner only upon orders. It was strictly ordered to avoid any maltreatment, undressing was not permitted. The taking of any personal possessions was not permitted. Publicity was not permitted, and at the very moment when it was noted that a man had experienced joy in carrying out these executions, it was ordered that this man should never participate in any more executions. The men could not report voluntarily, they were ordered.
    Q. Why did you not prevent the liquidations?

A. Even if I use the most severe standard in judging this, I had as little possibility as any of the codefendants here to prevent this order. There was only one thing, a senseless martyrdom through suicide, senseless because this would not have changed anything in the execution of this order, for this order was not an order of the SS, it was an order of the Supreme Commander in Chief and the Chief of State; it was not only carried out by Himmler or Heydrich. The army had to carry it out too, the High Command of the Army as well as the commanders in the east and southeast who were the superior commanders for the Einsatzgruppen and Einsatzkommandos. If I could imagine a theoretical possibility, then there was only the refusal on the part of those persons who were in the uppermost hierarchy and could appeal to the Supreme Commander and Chief of State, because they had the only possibility of getting access to him. They were, after all, the highest bearers of responsibility in the theater of operations.

Q. Did you not try in Nikolaev to dissuade the Reich Leader SS from this order?

A. The situation in Nikolaev was especially depressing in a moral sense, because in agreement with the army, we had excluded a large number of Jews, the farmers, from the executions. When the Reich Leader SS was in Nikolaev on 4 or 5 October, I was reproached for this measure and he ordered that henceforth, even against the will of the army, the executions should take place as planned. When the Reich Leader SS arrived at my headquarters, I had assembled all available commanders of my Einsatzgruppe. The Reich Leader addressed these men and repeated the strict order to kill all those groups which I have designated. He added that he alone would carry the responsibility, as far as accounting to the Fuehrer was concerned. None of the men would bear any responsibility, but he demanded the execution of this order, even though he knew how harsh these measures were. Nevertheless, after supper, I spoke to the Reich Leader and I pointed out the inhuman burden which was being imposed on the men in killing all these civilians. I didn't even get an answer.

Q. Now, I cannot pronounce it correctly, the Karaims were another sect whom you encountered in the south of Russia, and this sect had no Jewish blood, but it did share the religious confessions of the Jews. Is that right?

A. Yes.

Q. You submitted to Berlin the question whether the Karaims should be killed, and I understood you to say that the order you got from Berlin was you shall not kill them for they have nothing in common with the Jews except the confession?

A. Yes.

Q. Will you explain to the Court, please, what difference there was between the Karaims and the Krimchaks, except Jewish blood ?

A. I understand your question completely in reference to the eastern Jews, in the case of the Jews who were found in the eastern campaign. These Jews were to be killed-according to the order-for the reason that they were considered carriers of bolshevism, and, therefore, considered as endangering the security of the German Reich. This concerned the Jews who were found in Russia, and it was not known to me that the Jews in all of Europe were being killed, but on the contrary I knew that down to my dismissal these Jews were not killed, but it was attempted at all costs to get them to emigrate. The fact that the Karaims were not killed showed that the charge of the prosecution that persons were persecuted for their religion is not correct, for the Karaims had that Jewish religion, but they could not be killed because they did not belong to the Jewish race.

Q. I think, Witness, you answered exactly what I had antici-

*Sect which refused the Talmud and adopted the Old Testament as sole source of faith.
    **Turkish Jews of mixed Semitic and Tartaric blood.

Page 275

pated in the last sentence, "They did not belong to the JewishRace," is that right?

A. Yes, That is right.

Q. They were found in Russia?

A. Yes.

Q. But they participated in the Jewish confession in Russia?

A. The Karaims had the Jewish faith, yes.

Q. But your race authorities in Berlin could find no trace of Jewish blood in them?

A. Yes.

Q. So they came absolutely under the Fuehrer Decree or the Streckenbach Order to kill all Jews?

A. Yes.

Q. Because of blood?

A. Because they were of Jewish origin. For you must understand the Nazi ideology, as you call it. It was the opinion of the Fuehrer that in Russia and in bolshevism, the representatives of this blood showed themselves especially suitable for this idea, therefore, the carriers of this blood became especially suitable representatives of the bolshevism. That is not on account of their faith, or their religion, but because of their human make-up and character.

Q. And because of their blood, right?

A. I cannot express it any more definitely than I stated, from their nature and their characteristics. Their blood, of course, has something to do with it, according to National Socialist ideology.

Q. Let's see, if I can understand it; we've got a lot of time, I hope. What was the distinction except blood?

A. Between whom?

B. Between the Karaims and the Krimchaks?

A. The difference of the blood, yes.

Q. Only the difference in blood, is that so?

A. Yes.

Q. So the criterion and the test which you applied in your slaughter was blood?

A. The criteria which I used were the orders which I got, and it has not been doubted during the entire trial, that in this
    Fuehrer Order the Jews were designated as the ones who belonged to that circle in Russia and who were to be killed.

Q. Tell us how orders that you operated under in 1941 in Russia differed from the order which controlled killing of Jews in Poland in 1939 ?

A. In Poland individual actions had been ordered, while in Russia, during the entire time of the commitment, the killing of all Jews had been ordered. Special actions in Poland had been ordered, whose contents I do not know in detail.

COL. AMEN: Were all victims, including the men, women, and children executed in the same manner?

OHLENDORF: Until the spring of 1942, yes. Then an order came from Himmler that in the future women and children were to be killed only in gas vans.

COL. AMEN: How had women and children been killed previously?

OHLENDORF: In the same was as the men - by shooting.

COL. POKROVSKY: You said that mostly women and children were executed in these vans. For what reason?

OHLENDORF: That was a special order from Himmler to the effect that women and children were not to be exposed to the mental strain of the executions; and thus the men of the kommandos, mostly married men, should not be compelled to aim at women and children.

THE TRIBUNAL (Gen. Niktchenko): In your testimony you said that the Einsatz group had the object of annihilating the Jews and the commissars, is that correct?

THE TRIBUNAL (Gen. Niktchenko): And in what category did you consider the children? For what reason were the children massacred?

OHLENDORF: The order was that the Jewish population should be totally exterminated.

THE TRIBUNAL (Gen. Niktchenko): Including the children?

THE TRIBUNAL (Gen. Niktchenko): Were all the Jewish children murdered?

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/nuremberg/Ohlentestimony.html

That is the truth of your Nazi heroes, you sicken me.

18. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

Then you are disagreeing with your hero Adolf Hitler genius:

Therefore we National Socialists have purposely drawn a line through the line of conduct followed by pre-War Germany in foreign policy. We put an end to the perpetual Germanic march towards the South and West of Europe and turn our eyes towards the lands of the East. We finally put a stop to the colonial and trade policy of pre-War times and pass over to the territorial policy of the future.

But when we speak of new territory in Europe to-day we must principally think of Russia and the border States subject to her.

This colossal Empire in the East is ripe for dissolution. And the end of the Jewish domination in Russia will also be the end of Russia as a State. We are chosen by Destiny to be the witnesses of a catastrophe which will afford the strongest confirmation of the nationalist theory of race.

But it is our task, and it is the mission of the National Socialist Movement, to develop in our people that political mentality which will enable them to realize that the aim which they must set to themselves for the fulfilment of their future must not be some wildly enthusiastic adventure in the footsteps of Alexander the Great but industrious labour with the German plough, for which the German sword will provide the soil.

http://greatwar.nl/books/meinkampf/meinkampf.pdf

Hitler was fighting for racial supremacism over the Untermensch of the world to be enslaved under Aryan rule and the extermination of the Lebensunwertes Leben (Jews, Gypsies, Poles, Slavs, etc) under Generalplan Ost to clear the path for Aryan Lebensraum. Hitler's war was one of territorial conquest, ethnic cleansing, and genocide. His war against the Soviet Union was primarily motivated for said conquest as clearly outlined in Mein Kampf.

19. mihapiha

mihapiha Active Member

Actually I was telling you, that you should be critical of a source like that.
    Mark Edward Weber, who is an American holocaust denier runs this right-wing organization called the Institute for Historical review.
    Otto Ernst von Remer is also a well known right-wing fanatic.

According to § 130 of the German criminal law incitement to hatred is illegal.

So again, I'm telling you that you ought to be critical of a source like that, because the content ought to be very very bias. The problem is that the scientific community disagrees with being bias and is rather objective. Being a holocaust denier, means going against the scientific community and ignoring tons and tons of evidence.

20. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

Jazz is a holocaust denier and a Nazi-sympathizer.

21. Jazz

A Thoughtful Look at the German-Soviet Clash Reassesses the Second World War
    by Russell H.S. Stolfi​

Could Hitler Have Won?

For the better, I'm sure!
    Yes, it was clear as dumpling soup that Germany couldn't win anymore... unless they would get the "Wunder-Waffe" ready. (The atom bomb) But there was nowhere a safe place left to do any building... everything was bombed to smithereens.
    I read Hitler was waiting to hear from the Brits about his peace offer. Hess had flown over to England to talk to the heads of government, but was instead incarcerated and never came back. After a three weeks delay Hitler went ahead against Russia. He wanted to be in Moscow before the winter set in. Three weeks could make quite the difference!

Here is a link to Hess' flight:
    http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v03/v03p291_Anon.html
    It is said, if Germany hadn't fought Communism with all its might, Communism would have taken over all of Europe. Really very sad how England and the USA preferred to kill Nationalism instead of Communism.
    Today, the Europeans, especially Germany, are under threat of extinction through multiculturalism.

That sounds almost too fantastic!
    I do know that the Waffen SS Leibstandarte, among others, was only about 40 km away from Moscow at the end of November 1941.

Perhaps I shall continue another day, but in the meantime you could read on here:
    http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v15/v15n6p38_Bishop.html

A nice picture of the Fuehrer visiting his troops...
    [​IMG]
    So many didn't come back.

22. ThirdTerm

The invasion of the Soviet Union was strategically unnecessary and his generals strongly opposed the plan to conquer Soviet Russia as well as a Japanese ambassador, who warned him about the unexpected strength of Russian troops after the Japanese military faced devastating defeats. Without Operation Barbarossa, Nazi Germany would have survived the war and the Allied powers would have given up on the D-Day invasions by reaching some sort of accommodation with Hitler, making it the biggest strategic blunder committed by the German dictator. Nazi Germany paid a dear price for its racist ideology which equated the Slavs with untermenschen.

23. Jazz

Of course, you are a Russian and therefore stick up for your country. Perhaps you can explain why your country was ready to attack Germany in the summer of 1941? What was Stalin thinking?
    As it says in my above article, it was either taking a chance of attacking Russia and winning OR being attacked and likely lose. Hitler dared the former as he felt he had no other choice. I'm not sure, if he knew the USA was itching to get into the war against him as well --> Pearl Harbor incident.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050317020620/http:/www.geocities.com/northstarzone/PEARL.html
    http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v04/v04p135_Weber.html

I think it was not wise of Japan to attack the United States. Were they seriously believing they could win? Actually, informally the US had already declared war on Japan... kind of in the same way the US today has declared war on Russia through sanctions.

That the Slavs were called "Untermenschen" by the Germans is nonsense, according to General Remer. As far as I know Slavs were regarded as Aryan by the Nazis.

24. mihapiha

mihapiha Active Member

you're poorly informed.

25. Jazz

.... says mihapiha, the wise man!!:salute: