Middle East & Global Warming--worth considering

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by XploreR, Jun 25, 2016.

1. XploreR

XploreR Well-Known Member

Global Warming hasn't been discussed much in this election year, but its impact is growing on our daily lives. Last week while driving between my home town and the next nearest town to the west, I noticed the temperature gauge in my car reading 117 degrees F. That's the hottest temperature I've ever experienced, and probably the hottest ever recorded for my home town. I read on the internet recently that climatologists are predicting temperatures reaching into the 160's in the Middle East by the end of this century. That will make the whole region uninhabitable and cause a wave of migration away from the region. Since that section of the Earth is noted for the violent and intolerant attitude of its populace, I wonder where they might feel compelled to migrate--south into Africa or north into Europe and Asia? Whichever, I suspect they will be less than welcome. Considering there are tens of millions of them, the impact they make wherever they go will be considerable and life-changing for everyone involved. And, I suspect violence will be a major portion of that experience. Not a happy thought. . .