Getting out more

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sandy Shanks, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Sandy Shanks

Sandy Shanks Banned

My wife tells me I should get out more. This is my version of getting out more. I enjoy politics and world affairs.

I am a self-described moderate independent. For 25 years I sided with the GOP, but Bush (suicidal Iraq War), Romney (a neocon), and now Trump (a blustering fool) have combined to drive me out. I didn't leave the GOP. The GOP left me and thousands of others. That's why we have a community worker for President.

I have some experience writing. I've written two books. One is a WWII naval thriller. The other is a contemporary fictional work about a Mideast War. We win that one. I said it was fictional. I am also a retired columnist. Look me up. I ain't lying.

My user name is my pen name and real name. I see no sense in using an alias.

I am a 72-year old Marine (ret.).

I'm glad to be aboard.

2. Swensson

Swensson Devil's advocate

Hi Sandy and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you'll have lots to contribute with, see you around!

3. Sandy Shanks

Sandy Shanks Banned

Thank you. Swensson, now there is a good Swedish name (I think). I live in CA now, but I hail from MN. A lot of Swedes and Norwegians there.

4. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

Bush (suicidal Iraq War),
    Romney (a neocon),
    Trump (a blustering fool)

I would agree with most of this. Trump was not my first choice as the Republican candidate as his personality is too abrasive. I figured he was going to have problems in the general election, and predictably it appears he is sliding in the polls, but there is still time between now and November. I will probably hold my nose and vote for him.

Thanks for your service by the way.

5. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Welcome. What are your book's titles and where can we order them?

Thank you for your service

I don't care what else you say about Hillary, I still bet she actually smells better than Trump. At worst she might have that old lady lilacs odor. Trump has his own fragrance called Success and it's awful :wink:

6. Sandy Shanks

Sandy Shanks Banned

I understand how you feel, Herk. It's a brutal election. I have similar sentiments re Hillary. The difference is, in my opinion, a Trump Presidency would be very, very dangerous.

Also, I have had it with newbies for President. The past 16 years is enough. Hillary has a great deal of experience and she know her way around Washington. Trump will be lost in the Oval Office and be a President in name only.

In my view.

7. Sandy Shanks

Sandy Shanks Banned

Aleks, I wrote "The Bode Testament" and -- wait for it -- "Impeachment." They are available in a number of venues. Search "Sandy Shanks" and you will find them.

8. prayercall

prayercall New Member

I wish I can get out more. I never can leave the house