2016 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Shelly Ann, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

Training camps are due to start soon.

What are your expectations for your team this season?

I am a Packer fan and a Super Bowl victory is within reach. I am cautiously optimistic. :)

2. NCspotter

NCspotter Active Member

Panthers fan here. I am also cautiously optimistic because we'll get our #1 WR back (Kelvin Benjamin), and most of last year's 15-1 Super Bowl team is coming back, so there won't be a lot of roster reshuffling.

Does anyone here play fantasy football, or run a PF fantasy football league?

3. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

I am a Giants fan, I think we always have a shot because of our Quarterback, but honestly they will have a hard time getting to the playoffs this season. Their Defense is average, receivers are good but Cruz is still a big question mark, running backs are substandard, only hope is that the division is terrible again.

4. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

I'm a Packer fan, also, having spent my formative years about 40 mi. south of Green Bay. Seems we have enough to contend but key injuries have had a way of popping up, particularly to to o-line and wide receiver. Need more speed there. I think a dominating o-line is necessary for a Super Bowl team.

5. 9/11 was an inside job

9/11 was an inside job Well-Known Member

Packer fan huh? I assume you are transplant then who did not go grow up in California since you are not a Chargers fan am I right?

the chargers were my favorite team the last 21 years by default.

I switched to the chargers and started cheering them on after my Rams left LA 21 years ago to stank louis. that was the most depressing moment in my life. St Louis Rams is the most retarded name for a football team.That sounds so pathetic.:roll:

Ever since they left I rooted for all the other 31 teams that played them to win each week.Now that the Rams are back in LA they are my favorite team again and the chargers are now my second. They better stay in san diego because if they join the Rams in LA next year which is a strong possibility,I will root against them each week same as I did the Rams.

With the Rams being back in LA,this is the first time I have been excited about NFL football in over 21 years.yahoo!!!!!:clapping::applause:

This was the first time I got excited about the draft.I am even excited about the PRE SEASON even.:thumbsup:

6. 9/11 was an inside job

7. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

Transplant? I'm not from Wisconsin. :) I started following the Packers in 2009 and am a huge fan of Aaron Rodgers. It's funny but I also like the Chargers.. How fun for you, the rams back in L.A. I hope you guys have a good season.

8. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

I agree that injuries have really hurt us but I have a good feeling about this season. I think the defense will be one of the best and I hope that (rookie) speedster Davis from Cal makes the 53 man roster. He's fast and a defender will have to be on him all the time. He could free up Nelson or Cobb with single coverage and I think TE Cook will be a huge difference maker on offense.

9. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

The New York Football Giants were always tough with Coughlin as coach. With their new coaching staff, I think they will do well in that division. The Eagles and Cowboys will probably be 8 and 8, Redskins maybe 9 and 7. The Giants should get to 10 and 6!! :)

10. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

Carolina should win the division again, their defense will again be one of the best even without Norman. I don't want to play them in the playoffs! :)

11. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

Im raising the ante and gonna say 11-5, division title and a wild card win. Go Raiders!!!

12. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

[​IMG].....[​IMG].....[​IMG]

[video=youtube;wFFayAkaZDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFayAkaZDY[/video]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. 9/11 was an inside job

so how come you did not like the packers before Rodgers joined them when they had Brett Farve?

14. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

All depends if Cruz is anywhere close to being himself, and if they find someone to run the ball....not to mention the defense needs to be better then last year.

15. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Whats this.....they cancelled a football game because of field conditions and for the safety of the players. [​IMG] How many years of football did we play outdoors in the rain and mud, the cold, puddles on the field......gulls in the endzones. But now we will cancel games due to the field conditions? [​IMG]

They need new Leadership in the NFL or we might have to start watching Rugby games, huh? Canceled due to poor field conditions. :roll:

Where is Ditka.....what does he have to say about this? [​IMG]

HALL OF FAME GAME CANCELED BECAUSE OF FIELD CONDITIONS......

The Hall of Fame game between Green Bay and Indianapolis has been canceled because of poor field conditions.

Hall President David Baker made the announcement Sunday after discussing problems with the turf with both teams. He said it was a safety issue and that all fans would be fully refunded for ticket purchases, which will cost the hall several million dollars.

The NFL said in a statement: "We are very disappointed for our fans, but player safety is our primary concern, and as a result, we could not play an NFL game on this field tonight.".....snip~

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-hall-of-fame-game-cancelled-20160807-story.html

16. 9/11 was an inside job

further proof what a complete joke the NFL has become now.

17. MMC

MMC Well-Known Member

Yep.....I agree. And Da Bears.....we are doomed. They still kept Jay Tater Chips Cutler. :frown:

18. 9/11 was an inside job

No surprise there.It is so obvious to any objective person he has special connections to the owner.Jay Cutler is a coach killer.the idiot owner keeps firing coach after coach when the coach is not the problem.JAY CUTLER is.:roll: I feel forry for bears fans like you who have to put up with that jerk owner,if this was college football he would have lost his starting job a long time ago.

19. 9/11 was an inside job

you know,if you all havent done it already,you should get together with fellow Bear fans and bring in signs that say-we need a new owner and FIRE CUTLER.

cutlers family obviously has special connections to the owner i mean remember a few years ago when he was hurt for half the season the backup they had came in and outperformed him and all the bear fans were angry when he was benched and cutler was given the starting position back? they were all mad because cant remember his name but he clearly out performed cutler in his absence and because of that,the owner got rid of him since he showed up cutler.lol

20. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm in! If you found a league on here I'll play. I love FFB.

- - - Updated - - -

The NFL commissioner is a cancer to all that is good.

21. NCspotter

NCspotter Active Member

I appreciate your interest. I have started a thread specifically for a PF fantasy football league (to gauge interest), so it would be great it you could help get that thread started!

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=471931&p=1066552922#post1066552922

22. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

I wasn't really a fan of the NFL until 2009. I met a guy who was a totally devoted Packer fan and I watched quite a few games with him and followed them when they won the Super Bowl and I've been hooked ever since. I would like to see a game at lambeau field one day.. :)

23. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

The Packers have done ok so far in Pre Season. I like QB Joe Callahan. He is accurate and he knows how to avoid the sack, he's very mobile!! I like Hundley and feel bad for him with his ankle injury. I know he really wanted to make an impact during preseason.

Rodgers plays this week vs the 49ers. PLEASE NO INJURIES!

24. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm very superstitious when it comes to preseason. I'm a die hard Pats fan (born and raised in Foxboro, the town they play in). I HATE when the Patriots win in the preseason. It's a jinx effect. I like them to get all their losing out of the way in the preseason so it's pure domination in the regular season :worship:

I always hate to see the starters take any snaps more than 10 minutes in the game. If it were up to me, I'd never let Brady touch the field in preseason. People like Brady and Aaron Rodgers don't need to see preseason snaps. They will own the field in the regular season regardless.

25. Shelly Ann

Shelly Ann Active Member

I agree with everything you say here. Didn't the Lions go 4 and 0 in preseason then went 0 and 16 in the regular season? Preseason means nothing and Rodgers should only play 3 downs against the 49ers and hand the ball off to lacy 3 times!

Will Garoppolo do well in Tom Brady's absence?