Nordstrom and Myself...

Discussion in 'Finance' started by dequ1, Jul 9, 2016.

1. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

I just came back from returning an oversized pair of shoes I had purchased the other week. As I waited for the store to open, I strolled to the back of the store, near the rear parking lot to wait. I noticed that the walls of the store were made from granite 'brick' shaped stones. They were granite, or maybe marble. But each 'brick' was marble or granite. The shiner one is the stone I'm referring to. Well, on the sides of the back entrance are two lower walls where people can sit and wait and behind them are green plants to decorate the outside. Upon looking at the black rock, I realized that I have never seen that kind of black rock before. I tapped on them to see if they might be man made. But no, they were real rock. I came home and did a little online searching for black rocks. I found a very similar match with the black stones they use in the Middle East. Even the Mosque is built from a polished looking black stone. When I say stone, I mean concrete. Rocks, per se. Well, I'm not sure if those miniature walls that adorn Nordstrom is made from Black Middle Eastern stones, but I can be pretty sure that the Nordstrom walls are marble.

So as I was waiting for the store to open, another lady came by and also began waiting. The inside of the store was filling up and her and I was in the back entrance looking in to see when the doors would open. I told her that I was going to go into the front entrance, and if the back door had not yet been opened, that I would inform a worker that she was waiting outside. And so I went around the store, into the front entrance and as I was coming near the back door myself, I told 2 workers that the back door was locked. They didn't respond but kept looking to the manager who was walking their way. So as he approached, I told him that the back door was locked. He said he was on his way to open it then. I went to the cashier's desk and did my return. The lady finally got let in. I saw her going to the elevators after I had made my return and I jumped into the elevator with her. She went up to the upper floor.

It's really strange how Nordstrom has gotten so 'lax' in their store policies. And when I say store policy I'm not referring to the way monies are handled. I'm referring to how customers are becoming second class to store employees.

2. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

has Nordstrom and a Middle Eastern company shaken hands in an agreement somehow? And if so, why has it not been disclosed to its' customers? Every loyal customer of Nordstrom should have every right knowing to whom and with whom they are doing business with. In fact some loyal Nordstrom customers are very highly esteemed important people in American Society. Some wives of important men regularly shop at Nordstrom, just as they do in every high end fashion department store. If they are offering store credit cards with special incentives and higher opening points and limits for opening up and using their store card, then surely, they are wives and men of important job positions. It would be sad if the lady who was let in after the general masses were let in, was such an important woman who was being treated of a less equal than the employee's managerial ideas.

3. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

I have to keep in mind that each business, regardless if it is dealing with crude oil or with fashion, is dealing with customers and not with their own agendas. People stay in business only because it has a customer backing. Without the customers, the business is going to be just a place with a lot of merchandise that isn't being turned over.

4. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

And is crude oil really necessary for power supplies? Is crude oil the only natural resource that can be used to generate power? Can sea water, or sand, or wind, or solar, or cold or any other natural resource supply just the same amount of energy, if not more, than drilling the Earth for crude oil? Drilling the earth can be a direct cause to Climate change.

- - - Updated - - -

but who's going to listen to any ideas that go against their managerial expertise, anyhows?

5. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

And so, once again the question is asked. Why are not the customers being informed of these things? Why has no leading climate change scientist, either skeptic or natural, shown the evidence that drilling the earth deeper than a certain depth, is detrimental to the earth, the earth's causing natural disasters/events, and climate, as well as many other things, including natural wild life habitats? Even food and drinking water quality are effected by these drillings.

6. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

You're supposed to arrive at the store at 10:00 and you can never use the back door unless you're working for the shoe store.

I usually go to a shoe store located in an underground mall and there's only one entrance. I once returned a cheap Korean TV which was already broken and I waited outside the mall in the city centre of Manchester for 30 minutes. We tend to be too upset when we return defective products. I don't buy anything Korean since then.

7. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

so now, we have these 'bit chips' that will have monies in them via computer numbers and glitches, rather than paper monies. How national inventory of national monies is going to be done, is going to be interesting to find out.

- - - Updated - - -

you don't understand what I am saying, do you? Not every back door is like the back door you are used to.

- - - Updated - - -

it's a store back entrance for the public.. not for employees... where do you live?

- - - Updated - - -

I think i'm already having a bad day.. I hope your day goes better.

- - - Updated - - -

shouldn't you be at work?

8. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

People ought to wonder. Why are the store employees, the human resource managers and even executives of certain businesses not caring about customer's rights and customer service skills if the business is in the customer service sector. What could their agenda possibly be if not to keep the business afloat and in the profits?

- - - Updated - - -

as far as their choice of stones for their building is concerned, that is up to whom?

- - - Updated - - -

good ole nordstrom was founded in 1961? That was only 55 years ago, and they have already left their loyal followers and is beginning to cater to the younger crowds with younger mentalities. Did you know that this Nordstrom I went to has an open bar on one of its' sales floors?

- - - Updated - - -

it has one eatery place, the cafe/restaurant, and then it has a separate open bar on a different floor. When I say open, I mean not contained within walls.

9. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

so this Nordstrom is in a mall. And in the mall there is a food court. A new food court was added to the already existing one. In this new ethnically oriented food court, they serve beer for $1.00. I never been in there, but from the sign of dollar beers, I assume you can eat and drink beer in the food court.

- - - Updated - - -

Drinking at bars might soon become a mandatory night activity rather than a day.

- - - Updated - - -

they might even bring back smoking in restaurants...

- - - Updated - - -

i don't understand why bosses cannot 'fire' the employees any more. I guess it is some what illegal to fire upon personal discretion...

- - - Updated - - -

but on the flip side, a fairly young company could say that it is keeping up with the 'times.'

- - - Updated - - -

I anticipate and wonder what kinds of fashion the younger ones would be willing to buy at these higher end department stores.

- - - Updated - - -

which would open up whole new sets of doors for 'buyers', 'merchandisers', the ones that dress the mannequins, etc..... It will be a new managerial team catering to the new generation of fashionistis. Very exciting...

- - - Updated - - -

if you've got the cash or credit, they should supply for the wants of the younger crowds since the older crowds will soon be too old to enjoy fashion as they did in their younger years.

- - - Updated - - -

i hardly see grand mothers styling up their home wear or their gathering wears. In fact, some elderly women are told they walk too slow and cause a danger on the roads if they are still driving..

10. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

11. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

12. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

Even the sheiks and sultans of the Middle East would have known about fashion in 1961, if the are now over 55 years old.

13. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

Gabrielle Bonheur "Coco" Chanel (19 August 1883 – 10 January 1971)[1] was a French fashion designer of women's clothes and founder of the Chanel brand. Along with Paul Poiret, Chanel was credited in the post-World War I era with liberating women from the constraints of the "corseted silhouette" and popularizing a sporty, casual chic as the feminine standard of style. She is widely regarded as the greatest fashion designer who ever lived, thus making the name of Chanel iconic. A prolific fashion creator, Chanel extended her influence beyond couture clothing, realising her design aesthetic in jewellery, handbags, and fragrance. Her signature scent, Chanel No. 5, has become an iconic product. She is the only fashion designer listed on Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Chanel

c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg c4.jpg

c5.png

14. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

15. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

16. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

17. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

This was the only picture of a Sultan of Brunei I could get. sultan.jpg

Ahmad Tajuddin

Duli Yang Maha Mulia Sultan Sir Ahmad Tajuddin Akhazul Khairi Waddien ibni Almarhum Sir Sultan Mohammad Jamalul Alam II (commonly referred to as Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin), KBE, CMG (22 August 1913 – 3 June 1950) was the 27th sultan of Brunei from 11 September 1924 until his death.

His reign represented the start of a new era in Brunei. The discovery of oil changed the whole course of Brunei's history and enabled faster development in all sectors of the country. The expansion and improvement of formal education and his encouragement of religious education were some of his additional contributions to Brunei Darussalam. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Tajuddin

The Sultans which followed, do not have pictures attached to their wiki pages.

18. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

f1.jpg f2.jpg f3.jpg

Fashion in 1940. The Sultan of Brunei would have been 27 in 1940.

19. dequ1

dequ1 New Member

For those who would like to know where Ms. Coco Chanel lived: Though Coco Chanel’s infamous apartment is at 31 Rue Cambon, she never slept there. She worked and entertained there but when it was time to retire for the night, she crossed Place Vendôme and went to sleep at her suite at The Ritz.

http://www.lachanelphile.com/2011/09/19/stay-in-coco-chanels-suite-at-the-ritz/
    “The Ritz is my home”, Coco Chanel.

20. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

All this from a black stone? Really? HC