A new "special relationship"

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by lunecat, Jul 9, 2016.

1. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

I am a UK citizen.

I have after decades of historical fact come to the conclusion that the US-UK "special relationship" is a fallacy. When has the US done anythibg for the benifit of the UK? They have forced us into a surrender to the IRA, forced us into a retreat from Suez, forced us into the EU.

I hate the USA, they have NEVER done anything has has not benifitted the USA.

So I would at least look towards Russia to the possibility of a new friend. OK there may be some differences between us, but if the Western media wasn't so anti-Russia this "friendship" could progress via talks & mutual understanding.

America is not our friend & to say any different is a lie.

Just look at Obama's recent threats toward Britain if we leave the EU on TTIP. Firstly I think TTIP will be a disaster for the Britiash working class & something only in the interest of the Americans.

Trade deals with Russia could be of great benifits to both nations.

So OK, lets now address the usual shouts that "Putin is a horrible dictator" and someone we should hate.

Well that is just Western media crap force fed to all those that have no other refernece but to read mdia lies.

Yes I can point out a few points about the Russian system that is in conflict with British culture. But I think the USA is far worse & I have now after many decades decided to look towards Russia as a new friend & why not? If they would accept us? They may not! They may see Britain as having an antagonism towards them. I hope one day we can resolve that & join together & slowly, slowly deminish the influence of the USA.

2. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

It's something that politicians like to parade. In truth it's about mutuality. Don't blame US foreign policy for prioritising the US. To do otherwise would be ridiculous. Rather look at the weak British politicians who rolled over.

3. Pork_Butt

Pork_Butt Active Member

There's some truth in what you say. Most nations should be their own first priority. Obama is not your friend and does not have your interest at heart anymore than he has the interest of Americans at heart. I don't hate Putin, he has Russia first in his heart like any good leader should. He laughs at our president as one would laugh at a clown. Many Americans do also. If your mass media is anything like ours, it is nothing more than a propaganda voice for a corrupt government. I don't really think the US would force your country to surrender to the IRA, Suez, or force you into the EU. If that's the case, your leaders must be very weak, like ours. Your country, like mine doesn't seem to recognize the immediate, deadly, and close threat of foreign invaders under the guise of "immigrants".

4. Balancer

Balancer Well-Known Member

The old Soviet joke is for some reason remembered :)

At the international conference Brezhnev and Reagan meet. Reagan accuses Brezhnev that in the USSR there is no freedom of speech. He gives an example: Here at us, in the USA, everyone can become in front of the White House and tell that Reagan is the fool. We have freedom of speech too — Brezhnev answers — at us in the USSR too any can become before the Kremlin and tell that Reagan — the fool!

:)