Giuliani: 'Black lives matter' phrase 'inherently racist'

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Guyzilla, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Guyzilla

Guyzilla Well-Known Member Past Donor

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani on Sunday said when people use the phrase "black lives matter," it's "inherently racist."

"Black lives matter, white lives matter, Asian lives matter, Hispanic lives matter," he said.

"That's anti-American and it's racist. Of course black lives matter, and they matter greatly," he said. "But when you focus in on 1 percent of less than 1 percent of the murder that's going on in America and you make it a national thing, and all of you in the media make it much bigger than the black kid who's getting killed in Chicago every 14 hours, you treat it disproportionately."

Giuliani said only a small number of African-Americans will die at the hands of the police, whereas the majority of African-Americans killed will die at the hands of a civilian, "most often another black."

-snip-

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...giuliani-black-lives-matter-inherently-racist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READ THIS. http://www.politicalforum.com/race-relations/459562-morality-tale.html

2. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Of course it's racist because it implies only black lives matter and when people point out that all lives matter blacks go bat(*)(*)(*)(*) crazy and call them racists.... Ironic...

Then again the people that buy into this crap aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

3. Guyzilla

I didn't hear the part you IMPLY.

Read my essay, A Morality Tale. On this site.

4. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Gooliani is a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing idiot.

he's knows that "Black Lives Matters", is a reaction to the perception that too many police consider Black life to be cheap.

5. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

I have never heard any one in the Blacks Lives Matter movement say that ONLY Black Lives Matter. It is intellectually dishonest to suggest that and a deliberate distraction from what the protests are about which is addressing the problem of Black victimization by the police. Black Americans and supporters from other races are tired of saying Black people murdered and the perpetrators getting away with it. I believe this movement started with Trayvon Martin. Trayvon Martin was a teenager who was minding his own business walking home from a convenient store with snacks when he was stalked by a vigilante neighborhood watchmen armed with a gun who was recorded in his 911 call saying Martin, whom he didn't know was a "fucking punk" who always gets away. The kid ends up shot dead, murdered in cold blood. George Zimmerman went to trial and lied to the court about how he acted in self-defense about a crazed teenager who picked a fight with him and tried to kill him with his own gun. Anyone who believes that story is an idiot. Trayvon Martin had no criminal record. Zimmerman on the other hand had a history of violence including domestic abuse, threats and assault. Trayvon Martin's character was assassinated on the internet because he represented himself as a thug on social media and got in to some mutual fights in school. After Zimmerman was acquitted he continued to act like the violent criminal that he is but seemed to continually avoid jail time. He was a total scumbag who went as far as to try to profit from murdering a teenager by selling the gun he used to kill him. That is what this is really about. Innocent lives being taken because of racist double standards.

Saying "Black Lives Matter" does NOT imply that all lives don't matter. It means black lives matter TOO and it's high time that people including the police recognize that. Giuliani is attacking a strawman and appealing to conservatism which traditionally does not care about the lives and values of minorities. Black-on-Black crime is a problem as well, no one is denying that. However cops are killing unarmed Blacks at a higher rate than they are killing unarmed Whites and the reason is because of racial-profiling and prejudice within the police force. We have White cops murdering Black men in cold blood on video camera and they continue to get away with it. This needs to stop. It's not going to completely stop but the aim of the protests is to minimize this problem.

6. Ronstar

this is all that needs to be said.

thank you.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

Wait, why does this idiot who used 9/11 as a crutch on all his platforms and who had something to whine about regarding Beyonce's Super Bowl halftime show and all-around asshle think he's fit to discuss anything race-related?

8. egotripp

egotripp Banned

Perception is not reality, and that is exactly what he was talking about.

9. Guyzilla

What does that say to you? What is the CORRECT perception? And the WRONG perception?

10. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

The correct perception is that a lot of police are on a power trip. Race has little to do with it.

11. Ronstar

Gooliani is an idiot

12. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Well-Known Member

Says you, I have met and spoken with him, many times, he awarded me various citations, I saw him in action once at St. Vincent's Hospital running up the stairs to comfort a woman that had been struck by a subway train, no security detail, unless you count me as I was sitting in an unmarked car at the time.

No, he is no idiot and really cares about people.

There exists a wedge between the Police and the Public, it has always been there, it has to go.
    It is not always about Racism, sometimes it is about fear and ignorance, this does just as much if not more harm.
    Author, Me.

I object to violence, because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does, is permanent.
    Author; Mahatma Gandhi

13. Jets

Jets Member

What did Giuliani say that was factually incorrect?

14. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

Calling it anti-American and racist, when he's more wrong than he realizes. Saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean everyone else is irrelevant or black lives are superior, as this asshle seems to think.

15. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

What the highly esteemed ex-Mayor forgot to mention is that most Blacks who kill other Blacks go to prison for it. Not so with police who kill Blacks---they usually don't even go to trial!

16. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I used to have great admiration and respect for Rudy Guilani during the time of 9/11. He displayed such compassion and empathy for the people of New York City; he was a very healing presence.
    Now , he seems like a different man completely. None of his compassion and empathy is extended to Black people. :frown:

17. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

He aggravated me to no end during the 2008 election.