Basic poll for "pro-lifers"....do you believe Trump when he now says he's "pro-life"?

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by Gorn Captain, Jul 13, 2016.

?

"Pro-lifers"-Do you believe Trump when he says he is now "pro-life"?

Poll closed Aug 26, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I don't care

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Yes or No?

[video=youtube;tsOlXidHXRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOlXidHXRE[/video]

Poll results will be kept anonymous....so feel free to vote honestly.

2. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

"....do you believe Trump when he now says he's "pro-life"? """

I don't know, what day is it ? :)

Besides his followers don't care if he's telling the truth or not....they like him because he's says what's on his mind ( at that second in time) , doesn't matter if it's stupid or a lie...

3. Derideo_Te

Derideo_Te Well-Known Member

:roflol:

Tr(oll)mp spews whatever he believes his audience wants to hear at that point in time so the term feckless applies.

And yes, that applies to everything else he spouts.

Anyone gullible enough to believe anything that he utters deserves exactly what they end up with. Just ask all of those "graduates" from Trump U. how wealthy they became after benefiting from his advice.

4. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

It's a good assumption none of the "pro-lifers"....will show up and offer a poll vote or response to this thread.

For a reason we all know...even them.

5. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

61 Views....

and NONE of the "pro-lifers" on this Forum will say "Yes, I believe Donald Trump when he says he's 'pro-life' now."

Interesting, huh?

6. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

I voted yes, because all of us who think deeply about this issue are actually
    conflicted on this question.

Many of us who are mostly pro-life...... would admit that there are cases that
    are so extreme that we cannot blame either the mother or the physician for
    deciding on the abortion, under those particular set of circumstances.

Many of the people who are largely pro-choice...... can also admit though that
    a big part of the reason why young mothers decided to have an abortion, is because
    the FEEL like they, HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE?!?!

The economy of Canada and America and all western democracies is set up in such a
    way that tends to break unions, which leads to women facing a situation where if they
    fail to finish their education, they can so easily fall into a situation of lifelong poverty.

So one of the best ways to convince women that they are free to deliver their baby and
    give the baby up for adoption......... or keep the baby themselves..... would be to address
    the problems in the economy..... which The Donald sure seems intent on doing.

http://www.politicalforum.com/latest-us-world-news/464333-trump-calls-auditing-fed.html

Trump Calls For Auditing the Fed

Up here in Canada I dealt with the economic problems in our system in
    all three of my campaigns.

www.BankingSystemFlaws.blogspot.ca/

7. FoxHastings

8. Derideo_Te

Nothing that Tr(oll)mp spouts is believable on any topic whatsoever.

The tangerine turdblossom is a congenital liar and he has been caught out lying so often it is wonder that anyone is gullible enough to believe his BS.

Whatever he is saying about abortion is a lie to pander to whatever demographic he wants to vote for him.

9. DennisTate

10. DennisTate

Gorn Captain..... . sooner or later you find at least one topic that you significantly agree on with
    people that you may disagree with on the majority of questions.

Are you willing to admit that the statistics quoted from Mr. Melvin Sickler in post #9 here
    is related to many issues facing America?

Is Federal Reserve policy useful in breaking union and yes..... .in putting pressure on young mothers
    to feel that an abortion is necessary, under their set of circumstances?

11. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

If you are going to produce counterfeits, at least produce high quality counterfeits. The GOP hasn't even bothered. Still, every one seems to love the green color and nifty print.

12. FoxHastings

:roflol: More C&P gobbledegoop because you can't address the post of mine you quoted !

GEE, it sure looks like you have NO argument of any merit whatsoever......

QUOTE=FoxHastings;1066414154]

...and who are you to decide if the reason is "good enough" ??? ( You ARE trying to decide by taking away women's right to make their own decisions.)

They don't so they have an abortion...they are free to have the kid or free to choose abortion. YOU want to take away any choice.....as if women are too stupid to decide for themselves what is best for them.

So you know a way to improve the economy in 9 months??? Let's hear that plan?

Do you honestly think that women can wait around until the economy, their PRIVATE PERSONAL economy can support a kid?

But YOU haven't adopted or fostered a kid. Your wife CHOSE not to. But you don't want other women to have a choice.

13. Derideo_Te

Tr(oll)mp has a reputation for stiffing banks and other creditors by declaring bankruptcy after he has taken his own whopping profits out first. There is no reason whatsoever to trust him with taxpayer funds given his track record of deception and deceit when it comes to financial dealings.

We all know that Hillary stands for the rights of women and anyone who openly supports Constitutional rights is the de facto "lesser of two evils" IMO.

Compare that to Tr(oll)mp who appears to have never even read the Constitution in his entire life. He wants to deprive Americans of their right to travel because of their religion. That is a wholesale violation of individual rights. And what if he arbitrarily decides that those with evangelical beliefs must be denied their right to travel because there are those amongst them who support violence and are a threat to peace and stability?

Tr(oll)mp is a loose cannon, completely and utterly untrustworthy and spouts vile and un-American slurs against minorities. He even incites his own supporters to violence against them.

When it comes to deciding upon which "evil" is the lesser there is no choice when you consider that every American has a duty to uphold the rights of others even if you don't agree with their choices. Yes, I will uphold Tr(oll)mp's right to be a vile and divisive bigot but I will defend my fellow Americans he is dishonestly demonizing and denigrating just for being minorities because that is my duty that I took an oath to uphold.

There is no "lesser of two evils" when it comes to individual rights. Either you uphold them or you don't. Hillary does and Tr(oll)mp doesn't. So there is no "choice" when it comes to doing my duty as a citizen. I must keep my oath to uphold the Constitution.

14. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Please folks, discuss the topic "Pro-lifers"-Do you believe Trump when he says he is now "pro-life"?

Thanks
    Shangrila

15. DennisTate

Yes..... .I do think that he is more so pro-life at this time but pro-life vs pro-choice cold easily be put on a scale of 1 to 100 rather than merely 1 - 10........ and to say that anybody has one hundred percent flipped from one side of this question to the other............

....doesn't fit with logic.

One time back in the '80's I picked up a hitchhiker who was finishing his Ph. D. in logic.

He asked me to look at the sign ahead. He asked me what color it was. I said green...... he replied blue and then told me that
    there could well be 287 different colours on the scale between green and blue.

Pro-life and pro-choice are much like that and we human beings are free to flip flop back and forth somewhat.

I also think that The Donald might be quite willing to use the pro-life question to get Republicans interested in flaws in Federal Reserve policy......

that does have a definite bearing on altering the formula............. in a manner that is less negative than a piece of legislation that is paid for by a tax.

It is kind of like using a carrot vs the proverbial stick to get results.

If Federal Reserve policy can be significantly improved during the Donald Trump administration..... then Americans could become wealthier.......

more Americans could find financing for their education and......

unwed mothers could perhaps feel less pressure on to get an abortion and......

more qualified foster parents or adoptive parents could become willing to take in children that their mom's don't feel they can properly care for.

I do think he is more pro-life than in the past but.......
    his motives may not be pure........... (maybe mine aren't either)?!

With The Donald...... I can't help but begin to wonder WHY he is making a significant shift in the policies that he advocates.

As a C.E.O. over many businesses...... whether or not his employees have an abortion or not ..... is obviously not his business.

Considering the responsibility and influence that comes along with being President..... would cause him to look at this issue differently.

16. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Why? Why do you believe him....when he never repudiated his years old "I'm very pro-choice" UNTIL he decided to run for the Republican Presidential Nomination a year ago?

17. DennisTate

Partly because as a C. E. O. of a number of large businesses.....

he realized that it was not his business to interfere in the choices of his

employees.

Once he began to campaign for the office of President.... all of a sudden..... this issue
    then becomes his business.

18. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

So if going back to being pro-choice helped his "business" of running for President....you'd support him on that and say "I now believe Trump was never pro-life, he's always been pro-choice"???

19. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

There is only one way to determine what Trump actually believes and that is to elect him President of the United States. That is will probably result in great surprises for both Conservatives and Liberal alike.

20. FoxHastings

Why would that change Donald Trump? Would he suddenly become coherent and consistent ? I don't think so..........

21. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

I think you've fallen for the medias hyperbolic portrayals of pro-lifers. Some, on the fringes of the GOP, because of their religious views, oppose choice. An argument can be made that perhaps the world may be deprived of the next Gandhi, or Einstein ... I, as a conservative, do not oppose abortion, and in fact think that under certain circumstances, it should be mandatory. Most conservatives, centerists, only oppose public funding for murder. Conservatives respect personal freedoms, but demand personal responsibility. If your lifestyle results in an unwanted pregnancy, pay for termination. We as a nation have no obligation to pay medical expenses related to a persons sexual conduct. Abortion isn't birth control. So if your waiting for a flood of conservative participation, despite media hype, not many GOPers are that interested. Trump has said he'll allow states legislators fight this battle, as the president has real issues to deal with ...

22. FoxHastings

23. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

Clearly you operate a "choice center" business slow?

24. FoxHastings

Clearly you haven't the courage to hit the "Reply with Quote" so the poster knows you replied.

Clearly you can't refute a word I posted.

What is a "" "choice center" business slow """

25. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

Do we as a nation have a duty to pay for other acts stemming from a lack of personality responsibility? Smoking, obesity.....etc