Quick Snack Ideas?

Discussion in 'Food and Wine' started by Arkie, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

I like grating monterey jack/basil/tomatoe cheese (Sargento's) on a flour tortilla, nuking it til the cheese is melty then roll it up.

Sometimes I will add a medium cooked egg and roll that up with it. Tastes great when the yellow bursts as you bite into it.

When in the mood for light snack, I will wrap a thin slice of turkey deli around an oblong square of cheese with a touch of low fat ranch dressing inside.

Got any unique quick fix snack ideas you want to share?

2. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

I like to take a round soft tortilla and put it on a microwavable plate then add some freshly diced Roma Tomato from my garden....those are the Plumb Tomatoes....and then add a little salt and a small amount of fresh chopped garlic and then cover that in Mozzarella cheese and then place fresh whole Basil Leafs also from my garden atop it and then nuke it for about 1 to 2 minutes depending upon thickness.

I take it out...drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil on top and maybe some dry crushed red Cayenne pepper and then eat it with a knife and fork!!!

Usually with an ice cold beer!!

YUM!!!

AA

3. AboveAlpha

I also like to cut fresh slabs of watermelon in 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick by 7 inched long and 3 inch wide slabs and SALT THEM LIGHTLY!!!

The salt brings out the flavor in the most amazing ways!!

AA

4. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

I hate watermelon, and I miss pineapple, so I have to suffice with bananas. Just chopped in slices along with maybe a couple of sliced strawberries, sprinkle a bit of sugar or honey on top.

I like quesadilla's too. Just quickly fry up a corn tortilla in olive oil with a half slice of cheese (any kind), flip it in half to a half moon, chow down.

5. AboveAlpha

Also as I love Chicago Hot Dogs I keep some poppy seed hot dog buns around and nuke a NATURAL CASING Hot Dog for 1 minute and then put it in the bun with thin slices of tomato, onion, Pepperoncini, pickle slices and mustard!!

YUM!!!

I am getting hungry!! LOL!!

AA

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't you eat Pineapple?

I LOVE a fresh ripe pineapple and I have a pineapple corer and there is NOTHING like a fresh ripe cold Pineapple!!

AA

6. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Wrecks havoc on my stomach. (Growing old is not for sissies, lemme tell ya).

I'd kill for a burned hot dog. LOVE burned hot dogs....but...alas...no can do.

The foods I used to be able to eat? No more. Especially fatty or acidic foods. Or burned hot dogs. :(

7. AboveAlpha

I have to eat a LOT as if I don't I start losing weight.

I am 6 foot 2 inches and 239 lbs of muscle and when I am running daily....I am injured and just had stitches taken out of my left side a few days ago so I can't run....I need to consume at least 7,500 calories a day just to maintain my weight and not lose lbs.

So I usually eat at least 6 to 8 eggs over easy with Multiple whole grain toast with REAL BUTTER every morning with bacon, OJ, Milk, Water, a yogurt and usually I have a small NY Strip steak as well.

I also have some melon either honeydew or watermelon.

Lunch is usually a very large Caesar Salad with black olives and 2 whole chicken breasts grilled and sliced up along with another yogurt, a beer or whisky, some broccoli or green beans and usually something else I have laying around.

Dinner....I might go out and have Surf and Turf or a King Cut prime Rib with all the trimmings and another drink.

I have to eat again at around 9 pm and again at 12 pm.

So I do a lot of QUICK MADE FOODS at home.

AA