Pauline Hanson - Is She Racist?

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by truthvigilante, Jul 17, 2016.

?

Is Pauline Racist?

1. Yes, racist to the core!

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Just Completely Ignorant

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. No, she is spot On with the issues.

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  4. Racist but love it! Us red heads should rule the world!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

She's copped her fair share of negativity due to her beliefs but somehow has continued to stand firm in the face of adversity. Amazingly she is back after numerous attempts to crack back into the political arena.

To put it in perspective about 95% of people "did not" vote for one nation and despite likely winning a number of seats it's obvious that One Nation is just another protest party despite some of the excitement by some.

I suppose the big question - is she racist? Probably a big call but would certainly say she is extremely ignorant of many issues. I wouldn't say xenophobic or ethnocentric. I think she is full of fear(bad fear that is). Fear that keeps you locked into the same ole same ole. Deep down you get a sense that she cares about all people but if she can't get her head around something her first response is to try and maintain a world that is simple for her to understand. She finds it hard to embrace difference because difference means having to think and learn, which is obviously uncomfortable.

There is no doubt that some of her proponents see it as an opportunity to vent their racist xenophobic attitudes but don't think she is what they want her to represent.

2. scarlet witch

scarlet witch Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes she's racist and worse she's also ignorant very harmful combination, she fights for the majority's right to hate and oppress minorities

3. garry17

garry17 Well-Known Member

Considering racism is born from ignorance, I do believe the poll is slightly skewed.

4. scarlet witch

I think not always, sometimes racism is rooted in hatred

5. garry17

Yeah well it is an old saying.

6. truthvigilante

Spot on as far as I'm concerned SW. People who are ignorant aren't necessarily racist. And people who are racist aren't necessarily ignorant but each can be both.

7. Adultmale

Adultmale Active Member Past Donor

I don't think Pauline Hanson is any more or less racist than the rest of us. Everybody is racist to a certain degree, it is just that Pauline has the guts to speak her mind.

8. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

She was, but I think she is trying to wind it back. Time will tell.....

9. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

Probably not technically racist but very divisive all the same.

10. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pauline Hanson has a working class background and the competition for low-paid jobs with migrants may be her primary concern. Hanson won a spot in the Senate after securing more than 9 per cent of the vote in Queensland. Anti-immigration sentiment in the country is quite similar to that of post-Brexit Britain. It was the fear of Polish migrants taking British jobs that triggered Brexit and Hanson mainly targets Asian and Muslim migrants. Pauline Hanson immigrated from Britain as a child and I don't think she's typically Australian.

11. lizarddust

I certainly hope not.

12. truthvigilante

Yeah interesting actually. Maybe that's the real reason why she wouldn't consider a move to Britain with her polish background. I didn't know polish immigration was the major issue regarding brexit vote. I did think she was born in Australia supported by wiki, unless that information is wrong.

13. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

Its interesting isnt it.
    The french ban head coverings and look what happens there.
    Hanson wants to go much further...does that mean someone will blow up
    the Harbour Bridge or something..
    It seems that if you antagonize muslims, you cop both barrels..whoops..wrong thread...

14. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

What a load of horse manure. The British people voted in favor of exiting the EU due to Britain not being able to control who migrated into their own country, due to the EU forced open border policy - had nothing to do with Polish people taking their jobs.

15. culldav

Anyone who dares to question Muslims or Islam is instantly accused of being a racist.

What does say about the intellect of the people accusing someone of being racist against a religion? :roflol: :roflol:

16. culldav

I don't think Pauline Hanson has ever demonstrated any discomfort to embrace or accept change. Have you ever considered that it might be some of the people who are uncomfortable with the truth, and not Pauline?

People do get frightened and angry when their beliefs within established doctrine is put under the spotlight, and challenged.

17. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

We need a national burn a holy book day, where we burn a few Bibles, Quran's and BaghvadaGita's etc. Islam needs to chill the frak out a bit and stop trying to control other people. I think Hanson is partly concerned about that sort of thing, and is using the terror threat to spearhead her agenda against the negative elements of Islam. I need to go watch last nights QandA, looks a riot!?

18. culldav

If some Australians want people (Muslims) in their country who actively participating in a religion (Islam) that condemns gay individuals to death, discriminates against women, and allows adult men to sexually penetrate 9 year old girl bribes - then they have to answer to their own conscience.

Personally, I agree with Pauline Hanson. That kind of religion and worshipers have no place in a civilised culture or society.

19. culldav

How can someone be racist against a religion? That's like saying someone is racist against a car. :roflol: :roflol:

Hate and oppressing minorities :roflol: :roflol: Ask your Muslims buddies what they think of gay people, women's rights and adult men penetrating 9 year old girl brides

20. garry17

I am still wondering how somebody can be racist without hatred.

21. scarlet witch

Well you can laugh because likely you fit within her fish and chip view.

Pauline Hanson is not only a racist but she discriminate against anyone who dare to be from a different culture, religion or race.

She hates Multiculturism
    She hates Asians
    She hates Aboriginals
    She does not understand what indigenous means
    She hates Muslims
    The flavour of the moment she now takes aim at Muslims

And in her own very ignorant Trump moment, she declared South Africans have AIDS and bring diseases into Australia… :rolleyes: thank god she didn’t call me a rapist. For the record, there could be but I’m not aware of, a single refugee from South Africa, they enter the country legally with all the checks and legal requirements that are needed and applies.

22. scarlet witch

Oh and then her supporters have the cheek to compare her to Nelson Mandela ... outrageous!! not only the actual comparison, but after she insulted those very same people he fought for and dedicated his life to

23. slipperyfish

slipperyfish Well-Known Member

Is she racist? I couldn't tell you as I only see the version everyone else does. She may well be, but there is no argument that she resonates with the racist set. Guilty by association? Perhaps perhaps not, but usually where there is smoke there is fire.

In actual terminology she is in fact indigenous as she was born here from all accounts. There is some rumour she was born overseas, but it appears that is all it is, a rumour. So in true definition of the word, she is correct, however it was a play on words and most believe indigenous means aboriginal.

Racist? Possibly through ignorance.
    Divisive? Definitely.
    Helpful? Not at all

It's funny Yanner had the ideal opportunity to help her understand his people, but he failed because of his own prejudice.

Fear confuses small minds and it is not long before hatred takes root.

24. lizarddust

The only similarities Hanson has with Mandela is both have spent time in prison, one falsely accused.

25. scarlet witch

yes although even that similarity is dubious, 11 weeks vs 27 years