101st Airborne firing artillery at ISIS - Inherent Resolve

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by US Conservative, Jul 20, 2016.

1. US Conservative

US Conservative Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Pentagon has created a new medal to honor the thousands of U.S. troops who have deployed to Iraq or Syria to support operations against Islamic State militants.

The Operation Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal will be awarded to service members who have deployed to Iraq or Syria or its airspace or territorial waters since June 15, 2014, a defense official said.

About 11,000 troops are already eligible for the new medal, which Defense Secretary Ash Carter will announce Wednesday.

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;OBxpGEqs8z4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=848&v=OBxpGEqs8z4[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Boots on the ground in the territory that Obama ceded to ISIS.

2. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Another campaign ribbon, how many does that make it since 9/11/01 ?

Well since it's Obama who armed ISIS in the beginning and turned the entire Middle East into a complete hell hole, maybe Obama's war that he created needs it's own campaign ribbon.

Since my son has already been awarded the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, now he has to go out an purchase a new medal rack for the new ribbon.

During WW ll there were only two campaign ribbons (medals) that were every awarded, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal and the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal. That was it for campaign medals.

And since we won that war, they came up with the World War II Victory Medal.

That's why when you look at photos of most WW ll combat vets in uniform you usually only see two ribbons maybe one or two more unit citations like the PUC.

(*)(*)(*)(*), I only did one tour of duty in the RVN and by the end of my tour of duty I had 8 ribbons on my chest. One Navy Commendation Medal with one second award and a combat "V" devices. Two unit citations and all of the rest were been there and done that awards.

Should have been only four ribbons, Vietnam campaign ribbon, the Navy Commendation Medal and the two unit citations.

Today the Air Force even awards their airmen with a medal for completing basic training. :roflol:

3. US Conservative

Yup, another ribbon, for Obama's token war.

Wish he would fight like a man but thats what we have.

Wonder if that arty is making a dent.

4. APACHERAT

I watched that video. That one soldier dropped the 100 lb. projectile.

And Obama and the libs want women to serve as cannon cockers. :roflol:

In the old days that projectile would have blown up. I believe for the fuse to be activated it has to make so many rotations in the air before the projectile is armed.

Looks like the M-777 gun/howitzer.
    I suppose there's a forward observer (FO) at the other end or a FAC in the sir directing the fire mission.

I seriously doubt Obama's PC ROE allows any form of harassment and interdiction fire missions. Even during the Vietnam War the left were whining that harassment and interdiction fire wasn't politically correct.

5. US Conservative

I think we need to get a bit more aggressive there.

That guy dropping the shell was insane...

Any ideas what that particular shell was? HE? Id imagine AP isn't always as useful, especially in indirect fire.

6. APACHERAT

Ain't going to happen until January 21st, 2017.
    Unless the American people go stupid again and don't want America to be # 1.