Saudi Arabia Clerics Ban Pokemon Go For Promoting Polytheism And Gambling

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Space_Time, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Space_Time

Space_Time Well-Known Member

Are the clerics just being spoiled sports? Or is there anything wrong with playing Pokemon Go? Will the fatwa be overturned?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/21/s...mon-go-for-promoting-polytheism-and-gambling/

Saudi Arabia Clerics Ban Pokemon Go For Promoting Polytheism And Gambling

Photo of Jonah Bennett
    JONAH BENNETT
    National Security/Foreign Policy Reporter
    2:57 PM 07/21/2016
    12 12 Share
    The augmented reality mobile game "Pokemon Go" by Nintendo is shown on a smartphone screen in this photo illustration taken in Palm Springs, California U.S. July 11, 2016. REUTERS/Sam Mircovich. The augmented reality mobile game "Pokemon Go" by Nintendo is shown on a smartphone screen in this photo illustration taken in Palm Springs, California U.S. July 11, 2016. REUTERS/Sam Mircovich.

Leading clerics in Saudi Arabia have issued a fatwa banning Pokemon Go, saying it blasphemously promotes the theory of evolution, encourages polytheism and constitutes a form of gambling.

Although the new fatwa didn’t specifically Pokemon Go, the new augmented reality smartphone app by Nintendo, the General Secretariat of the Council of Senior Religious Scholars said it was renewing a previous ban on Pokemon from 2001, Reuters reports.

Part of the reason the council issued a ban on the game is because it promotes evolution and also encourages “polytheism against God by multiplying the number of deities.”

Some of the symbols in the game promote Christianity, Freemasonry and global Zionism, the fatwa said. For example, the game features a six-pointed star, which the clerics think symbolizes the state of Israel. Clerics think that other triangular symbols in the game represent Freemasonry. Crosses represent Christianity.

Another reason for the ban is that Pokemon Go apparently supports gambling, which might be a reference to players’ ability to convert real money to in-game currency.

According to Sheikh Saleh al-Fozan, the new Pokemon Go game is essentially the same as the old one from 2001.

Other nearby countries have warned against the game, as well. The top Islamic authority in Egypt called Pokemon Go a “harmful mania.”

Kuwait’s Interior Ministry told its citizens not to play the game at mosques or oil facilities.

It isn’t just Pokemon Go that has attracted the anger of Islamic religious authorities. Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdulaziz Al-Sheikh said in January that chess is to be banned, since it causes players to hate each other and is otherwise a complete waste of time. Abdulaziz said chess was a “work of Satan.”

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/21/s...moting-polytheism-and-gambling/#ixzz4F5ff0Fyn

2. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ah, shoot. In all that desert you could hallucinate all kinds of pokemon!

3. smallblue

smallblue Well-Known Member

Is there anything wrong with playing Pokémon Go. . .probably. But it shouldn't be made illegal :wink: So glad I don't have a smart phone.

4. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

I guess that sooner or later, we will discover that many Saudi Arabian clerics play Pokemon Go in secret!

Jokes a part [but I wouldn't exclude that they play Pokemon Go in secret for real ...], clerics tend to defend orthodoxy prohibiting all is potentially out of control and suggesting different models of existence. Don't go around looking for Pokemons ... pray Allah!

5. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I think Pokeman Go is also banned in Russia.

6. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Death by Pokemon? Public safety fears mount as 'Pokemon GO' craze ...

www.foxnews.com/.../death-by-pokemon-public-safet...

Fox News Channel

Jul 14, 2016 - From driving accidents to distracted pedestrians and dangerous trespassing, the phenomenal success of Nintendo's “Pokemon GO” game is ...

7. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

well, Putin IS a Fascist

8. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Fox news has said Pokémon Go compromises public safety.

9. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

possum thinks dey oughta put a token on top o' dat bombed-out building...
    :wink:
    Anger as Pokemon Go players target Hiroshima memorial park
    Thursday 28th July, 2016 - Authorities in Hiroshima have asked the game developer behind Pokemon Go to take action as players descend on the city's atomic bomb memorial park.

10. Flare

Flare Banned

Pokémon Creator Admits Games are Anti-Christian, Aimed Towards Satanists

by Jack · November 7, 2012

In a rare interview with Pokémon creator Satoshi Tajiri, he admits that the games were created as a backlash against his Christian parents. He also says that the games are tailored towards an anti-Christian sentiment or Satanism.

The interview, conducted by Time about the continued success of the Pokémon series, took a sharp left turn when Tajiri was asked about the inspiration for the games. The following is an excerpt from the interview:

Time: What inspired you to start making the Pokémon games?

Tajiri: Well, my parents were Christians. I grew up being taught the ways of that religion. When I got older, I started to realize that the things they said were foolish and I guess I rebelled a little.

Time: How did you rebel?

Tajiri: I started to argue against their teachings. They tried to punish me in various ways to try to get me under control, but it didn’t work. This is when I was inspired by nature and started the basis for the Pokémon games.

Time: Could you explain how your parent’s religion is connected with the games?

Tajiri: Well, when I got old enough, I wanted to do something that would show the world that my parents were wrong. Something I saw in nature was the concept of evolution which my parents vehemently denied existed. This sparked the idea for a game that would go against everything my parents believed in.

Time: This game being Pokémon, correct?

Tajiri: Yes. Pokémon is essentially the correct answer towards life, not Christianity. Everything presented in the game is the opposite of what Christians may believe. Some have said that the game promotes voodoo or magic, and I agree in the sense that there are many things that occur in nature that are unexplainable. Furthermore, the violence in the games is unparalleled. It may not show up in the actual graphics, but the brutality is made especially explicit in the Pokédex entries. Nature, again, played a big role.

Time: So those who say that the game is anti-Christian are correct?

Tajiri: I suppose so. I mean, some could say that the game supports Satanism. I don’t officially celebrate it, but I can understand why people would be attracted to it.

Nintendo refused to comment on the interview.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/pokemon-creator-admits-games-aimed-towards-satanists/

11. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Some real-world locations to be revised for security reasons...
    :cool:
    Pokemon Go being revised after complaints over sensitive locations
    Saturday 30th July, 2016 - The creators of Pokemon Go say they are working to remove real-world locations that do not wish to be included in the mobile gaming sensation after a series of complaints about the use of sensitive sites.

12. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

First time ever I can say I agree with SA. :lol:

13. bigfella

bigfella Well-Known Member

Not a real interview - written a s a joke. Pokemon is silly, not Satanic.

Its times like these I miss Jerry Falwell. He would have managed to find the Satanic or 'gay propaganda' in Pokemon before these clerics even knew the thing existed. The current crop of evangelical leaders are just not as much fun.

14. Flare

Flare Banned

^ First the Lightning you idtiot... afterwards comes the Clap.

[video=youtube;ulzLrDZyONA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulzLrDZyONA[/video]

swastika-001.jpg

15. Flare

Flare Banned

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo... he sounds like an extremist, so let's lock his post for editing down 'just in case'..

Well my boys, no worries about no-one here... only take a look at this....

[video=youtube;Vnu5uW9No8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnu5uW9No8g[/video]

16. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Guess dey didn't see the robber avatar...
    :omg:
    Pokemon GO players robbed at gunpoint in London park
    Sat Jul 30, 2016 - Three teenagers playing the hit game Pokemon GO have been robbed at gunpoint in a north London park and forced to hand over their mobile phones, British police said on Saturday.

17. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

Saudi Arabia denied that its top clerical body has revived a fatwa against Pokemon Go. "No religious fatwa came from the council for senior scholars in Saudi regarding the Pokemon Go game," the Saudi government said in a statement. Pokemon Go is now freely available in Saudi Arabia. The gamers even reached Islam's holiest site and ‘points of collection’ were found at the Grand Mosque.

[​IMG]

18. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Interesting..

Fox News says that this game is a safety threat.. I haven't a clue if that's true. I have never seen the game.

19. Doofenshmirtz

Doofenshmirtz Well-Known Member Past Donor

Anything that involves evolving is off limits!

20. Balancer

Balancer Well-Known Member

In Russia Pokémon Go is still officially inaccessible. But the people play in large quantities and many monuments have appeared :)

Pokebol in Yekaterinburg:

q1uIeQIBawHM58oXn2rtAg.jpg

21. Politica Magus

Politica Magus Member

You gotta love stupid and ignorant religious fundamentalists.