Praise for Donald Trump....

Discussion in 'Gay & Lesbian Rights' started by Gorn Captain, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

His acceptance speech (7/21/2016) TWICE mentioned protecting the LGBTQ community.

Thus signalling that he is NOT going to be anti-gay rights and as leader of it, neither is the Republican Party.

Homophobia has been knee-capped in the GOP.

Throw in Peter Thiel being CHEERED by REPUBLICAN delegates when he said he was "proud to be gay."

Game over for the homophobes. You have no "home" anymore.

DennisTate likes this.
  2. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny says...
    :grandma:
    ... Praise rather to God...

... for sendin' us the Donald.
    :cool:

3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

4. ProgressivePatriot

ProgressivePatriot Well-Known Member

All that his speech proves is that he hates Islam more than he hates gays. Don't fall for it

5. clarkeT

clarkeT Well-Known Member

Donald Trump Is Proving How Mortally Dangerous He Is To LGBT Equality

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michel..._10396552.html

Though he rarely raises his positions against LGBT rights on the campaign trail, Trump is making pacts with anti-LGBT forces. Today, Trump spoke at the Road to the Majority summit in Washington, an event attended by Christian right activists and sponsored by the Faith and Freedom Coalition and Concerned Women for America, both of which fight against LGBT rights. “I’m with you 100 percent,” he said, and, knowing the event was televised live on the cable networks, he spoke with a dog whistle on LGBT rights, alluding to attacks on “marriage and family” and championing “religious freedom,” which of course has been the term used by evangelicals to deny LGBT people of rights. The crowd roared with approval.

Good catch ProgressivePatriot! It proves that he is nothing more than just another pandering a**hole in claiming that he will 'protect the LBGTQ community'.

6. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

Only if Trump wins. If he loses this will be claimed as proof the religious rightwing must retake the Republican Party. On social issues, Trump is the antithesis of the religious rightwing and left of Hillary Clinton historically.

A Trump victory will knock the props out of Republican state and local government anti-gay laws and ordinances.

Trump represents what MANY people claim to be themselves: A social liberal, a capitalistic economic conservative, for law and order and for a strong military, but against military world policing. I believe this is the TRUE view of majority of Americans.

Certainly many people disagree with parts of that and it hard for the people to look past the partisan ranting on both sides and the MSM diversions. But a Trump victory would be a final and total LGBTQ VICTORY all the way down to City Halls.

It was quite bold and worthy of praise for Trump to do and say what he did at the RNC, knowing it was also packed with anti-gayers. While there are mass of criticisms of Trump both legit and not, the fact is he is and always has been a social liberal in regards to gays, racism and women in terms of employment, though also a womanizer personally.

A man wanting women is neither a rightwing or leftwing thing. Nor is adultery or divorce.

7. JakeJ

"I'm your candidate" generalities is something every candidate does. Bill Clinton said he's the candidate for people who fly Confederate flags.

As far back as 2000, Trump openly stated he is fine with gays serving openly in the military. At the same time the Clinton position is that gays must be thrown out of the military. Like it or not, Trump is a social liberal.

8. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

I do not understand how someone can be proud of the way they have sex... I mean is getting rammed in the arse an achievement now?

9. JakeJ

I hate the ideology of Islam as it is overwhelming practiced. That is different from hating all Muslims. Hating an ideology is a "prejudice," but not per se wrong nor equates hating people.

10. JakeJ

Over 50% of heteros do anal sex. Being gay refers 1.) the sex of who a person desires for sexual activities and/or 2.) the sex of who a person wants a romantic relationship with.

Gay Pride is an expression meaning not ashamed of it and unwilling to hide it. But yes, it can go overboard sometimes in usage.

11. JakeJ

You quote RedState alot. It is just an anti-Trump junk blog.

There is a movement, largely centered around the Bush money people and the Cruz radicals, to oppose Trump. The Cruz side is the far rightwing religious zealots. Cruz is trying to organize the religious rightwing to remain loyal to him and to vote for Clinton, ie Cruz is campaigning underground for Clinton and to entrench him with the rightwing zealots.

But it is Trump who, contrary to the rantings of the elite MSM, correctly taking the Republican Party away for the social rightwing hate issues if the Republican Party wants a future.

12. ProgressivePatriot

Obviously that is not the point that I was making with that post. However, I will also say that it's splitting hairs to try to distinguish between how you feel about the ideology and the people who adhere to it, and in the case of Trump- I doubt that he has the sophistication or the intellectual capacity to understand or care about the nuanced differences.

13. JakeJ

"Nuanced differences" doesn't work in politics and neither Clinton nor Trump use them.

14. Perriquine

Perriquine On hiatus Past Donor

The platform represents what the party really is about, not speechmakers at a convention. When Republicans stop catering to social conservatives and actually do something to support gay rights (instead of legislating against it every chance they get), then maybe they'll get my attention. On the other hand, maybe not - I can hold one heck of a grudge. I haven't forgiven Coors or Darden, and how many decades ago was that?

And no, I haven't forgiven Clinton for DOMA, either.

How do you know that a politician is lying? Easy - their lips are moving.

15. clarkeT

clarkeT Well-Known Member

****I challenge you to produce verifiable proof that Bill Clinton actually said he's the candidate for people who fly the confederate flag.****

Yes, Bill Clinton did "in 1987, while serving as governor of Arkansas, Bill Clinton signed a bill affirming that one of those blue stars is there in honor of the Confederate States of America."

Regarding the Arkansas state flag, "A few words here about the Arkansas state flag, which — like most flags — is laden with symbols and references that may not be immediately apparent. According to the Arkansas secretary of state, the flag’s original design, approved by the state legislature in 1913, had only three blue stars, not four. The three blue stars were meant to represent a number of things, including the year of the Louisiana Purchase (1803) and the fact that “Arkansas belonged to three countries (France, Spain, and the United States) before attaining statehood.” Legislators added a fourth blue star in 1923 to acknowledge Arkansas’ membership in the Confederacy from 1861 to 1865." Further...

"The state’s General Assembly reaffirmed the parameters of the flag in a 1987 act that Clinton signed. Among other provisions detailing the flag’s features, such as its colors and shapes, there was a line that read, “The blue star above the word ‘ARKANSAS’ is to commemorate the Confederate States of America.” The act met no significant opposition at the time. In the same legislative session, the assembly also settled on an official state song.

Arkansas observes a Confederate Flag Day, which is celebrated together with Arkansas Confederate History and Heritage Month and Confederate Memorial Day. Per state code, it is observed on the Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday. In annual gatherings outside the Arkansas Statehouse, participants can “attend and bring examples of the variety of flags used by Arkansas units and of the Confederate government and its army during the War,” according to the Log Cabin Democrat, an Arkansas newspaper.

Clinton’s affirmation of Arkansas’ history didn’t stop him from criticizing how other states honored the Confederacy, however. In 1992, Clinton called on the state of Georgia to remove a Confederate design from its state flag. Georgia lawmakers had added the Confederate symbol to Georgia’s flag in the 1950s amid a climate of intense and overt hostility to the idea of racial integration. (Georgia finally took the Confederate battle flag off its state flag in 2001.)

Clinton’s acceptance of his state’s roots also didn’t do much to endear him to South Carolina voters, at least judging by a 1992 campaign stop at the Southern 500 stock car race in Darlington, South Carolina, where numerous Confederate flags could be seen atop car antennas in the infield. While Clinton “worked his way up pit row shaking hands with smiling and friendly drivers,” a strikingly different scene took place in the stands, The New York Times reported:

And so, when the fact of Mr. Clinton’s presence became known in the minutes just before the start of the race, there came the clash. First the roaring chants from the stand: “We Want Bush! We Want Bush!” and “George Bush! George Bush!” over and over. Mr. Clinton, of course, ignored that, and continued on his way, mounting a platform on a flat-bed truck to open the race with the traditional line, “Gentlemen, start your engines.”

In the frame, he uttered that line with his customary ease. Outside the frame, no one heard it; the candidate was drowned out by a long, lusty chorus of boos."

Source:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/22/bill-clinton-arkansas-confederate_n_7638542.html

16. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

So the good old GOP is redirecting their hatred in the new and improved Trump era. Good for you guys. I am sure that if Trump wins, new things to hate will arise. He's pretty strong in his hate for Mexicans, "I can tell you that". If he loses, you guys will still have Hillary to hate, which is like old home week for you and will serve as a replacement for your Obama hatred, and you can go back to hating gays, which I am sure will be comforting, like finding an old pair of shoes. The point is, that as long as you keep finding people, religions, lifestyles and such to direct your hatred at, fund raising will never be a problem, so you got that going for you.

17. JakeJ

Trump has never said he hates Mexicans. However, the Democratic party sees anyone of Latino ancestry as a "Mexican" and never an "American.

The Democratic Party was started as, always has been and still is the party of racial segregation and racism.

18. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

It certainly used to be until those Dixiecrats became Republicans. Trump insulted an American born judge because of his Mexican heritage. He also characterized Mexicans who cross our borders illegally as rapists and drug dealers. Many people who crossed the border illegally are now citizens of whom the vast majority are hard working tax paying people. (Remember President Reagan's amnesty in the '80s?).Those comments were pretty stupid and inflammatory in my opinion. Now he is insulting the parents of a man who died for his country. If he doesn't learn how to keep his ego and his big mouth in check, he's going to get shellacked in November. He is his, and the GOPs worst enemy right now.

19. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Well-Known Member

I am a Latino, and you do NOT know squat about Latinos or Mexicans, right now, Mexico and Columbia pose a
    CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER to the National Security of the U.S. That is the truth and not hate, the border is porous and Islamic Terrorists with Bona fide, but falsely issued Government credentials are currently infiltrating the U.S. at an alarming rate.

20. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well said Gorn Captain!

Thank you for giving The Donald credit for this part of his platform.

Now if The Donald were to choose Dannion Brinkley to be over Veterans Affairs.....
    the revolution would continue and be consolidated.

http://www.dannion.com/the-twilight-brigade/
    The Twilight Brigade
    The Twilight Brigade is one of the largest end-of-life care organizations, operating as an independent agency within VA hospitals and hospice care facilities across America.

Because Dannion is himself a near death experiencer......
    he would tend to be able to agree with what was shown to
    Christian Andreason.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/christian-andreason.html#a11
    11. What about sexually diverse people?

21. ProgressivePatriot

He is a phony, disingenuous bastard and we don't know what he believes or what he would do. I'll be honest. I don't know what is going on in the heart and mind of the fool known as Trump- if in fact he has a heart and a mind. I suspect that he is a soulless empty shell of a sub human being with no core beliefs of values.

However, the issue is his hateful and harmful behavior and rhetoric, and the fact that he is kissing up to some of the worst bigots that the religious right has to offer. He is encouraging and embolden them to pursue their opprobrious agenda. If elected with their help, he will owe them big time and will not just be able to walk it all back and drop them like a hot potato and maintain any credibility.

And don't forget that largely because of him, the GOP has adopted the most regressive, anti LGBT platform ever. Please stop defending and making excuses for this jackass.

22. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

Considering the Democratic Party originally were Republicans, to assert the above really only shows a lack of historical knowledge on how both parties have pretty much morphed into the opposite of what they started as, really disingenuous to say what you have without even mentioning that reality.

23. JakeJ

That is the Democratic Party's lie. The Democrat Party still vehemently pushes a racist agenda of racial and ethnic segregation and bigotry.

24. ProgressivePatriot

Care to provide some examples??

25. Polydectes

Polydectes Well-Known Member

Equally so is hillary.
    You could say that about any politician. They don't even know what they are going to do.

He is likely to be our next president. Besides i don't think it's important that they have values.

I hear about his bigotry a lot from hillary supporters. I don't know if it really exists.

Making excuses?