Trump on LGTBQ rights

Discussion in 'Gay & Lesbian Rights' started by JakeJ, Jul 26, 2016.

?

Do you agree with Trump on LGTBQ rights?

1. Yes, LGTBQs should have same rights & protections

81.8%
  2. No, LGTBQs should not have same rights & protections

9.1%
  3. Yes, transgender should be allowed to use bathroom of gender identity

36.4%
  4. No, transgender should not be allowed to use bathroom of gender identity

22.7%
  5. Yes, gays should be allowed openly in military

59.1%
  6. No, Bill Clinton was right for no gays openly in military

13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

When asked in 2000 if he thought gays should be allowed to openly serve in the military he said he was fine with that. At the same time the Clinton's stance was that anyone openly gay must be thrown out of the military.

When Jenner asked if s/he could use the women's bathroom at Trump Tower he answered yes.

He had an openly gay longtime personal friend and associate speak at the RNC.

At the Republican convention he stated that LGTBQ should have the same rights and protections as everyone else. Contrary to what Democrats claim of Republicans hating gays, those at the RNC cheered and Trump thanked Republicans for it.

MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL, YOU MAY CHECK MORE THAN ONE BOX

2. Arxael

Arxael Banned

You forgot the option, "Yes, LGBT should have rights but I don't believe Trump is sincere about it and is just pandering for votes".

3. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump can't claim to support LGBT rights and also support Christian Evangelicals.

its one or the other

4. JakeJ

No, it is Hillary Clinton who is pandering. It was only after polls showed shifted views among voters and Democrats did she change. If public opinion shifted to a majority being anti-gay so would she. Trump has been 100% consistent his entire life.

5. JakeJ

Most people can handle complex concepts and it is clear by your messages you do not. Contrary to your claim, it is not required to hate Christians to favor civil rights. The core of the concepts of human and civil rights in the West came from Christianity. But, then, I have no doubt that you have no clue what "evangelical" even means.

6. Ronstar

so i guess you don't want to discuss with me

7. JakeJ

Which is why you cut off my comments in your quote. Someone who posts an avatar claiming to be a Nazi is not someone who will like "discuss" anything anyway but rather will just rant, derail and demand attention.

8. Ronstar

the Avatar is Trump. and Trump has many nazi-like views.

9. JakeJ

Well, we do know your personal integrity in things you post on the forum, don't we? And your great efforts to derail threads and trash up the forum.

Have a clue what the topic of this thread is?

10. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

"Preserving and Protecting Traditional Marriage.... We recognize and honor the courageous efforts of those who bear the many burdens of parenting alone, even as we believe that marriage, the union of one man and one woman must be upheld as the national standard, a goal to stand for, encourage, and promote through laws governing marriage."

https://www.gop.com/platform/renewing-american-values/

So the GOP platform says traditional marriage and Trump says otherwise? Kinda hard to believe he's going to actually support LGBT rights.

11. Ronstar

yeah, Trump doesn't give a (*)(*)(*)(*) about gay rights.

12. JakeJ

What you posted is called the ontological issue of existence, being that, in fact, he has always supported LGBT equality, literally showed his supports trans-rights with Jenner and Trump Tower, and he openly stated he 100% supports LGTB rights to equality and equal protection on national TV in front of the entirety of Republican leadership - something NO Republican candidate has ever done. And as one of the single greatest political victory for LGBTs he got virtually all of those Republicans to agree and cheer him for it.

The Clintons have NEVER lead ANY LGBT, racial or women's rights movement - ever. They NEVER change UNLESS polls change and it absolutely necessary. Even then they hedge and will swing to the social Dixiecrat right every chance they can. As soon as Sanders was suckered into endorsing her, she INSTANTLY ran as far right as she could in her VP pick. PREDICTABLE.

Creeps in the LGTBQ movement, as opposed to legitimate activists, WANT anti-gay actions to have something to whine about and claim victimhood over. Trump already has brought the Republican Party to pro-equality for LGTBQs.

The MSM, Clinton and the Democrats all keep trying to convince everyone this is the 1960s and that Trump is a religious zealot rightwinger - all which is a lie. It is the Clintons who are the old bigoted, racist, homophobic and sexist Dixiecrats. Trump has always been a social liberal. However, he is an economic Capitalists and opposed the warhawk neocons on the left (like the Clintons) and the right (like the Bushes). Even Chris Matthews says Hillary Clinton is a warhawk.

13. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is an extremely well done poll in my opinion!

It isn't always so easy to come up with good poll questions.

14. Perriquine

Perriquine On hiatus Past Donor

(emphasis added)

This one deserves a "pants on fire" rating. Ronstar didn't make a claim that it's required to hate Christians to favor civil rights. You can only get there by reading something into the statement that isn't there.

Huge strawman, but then I guess that's to be expected from those poorly acquainted with the truth.

15. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Well-Known Member

You do not understand Politics then, Politics and Sausage making are both endeavors not for the faint of heart.

Not everyone follows their Party lines 100 % My family was 100 % Anti-Gun and Fundamentalist, at age 10, I was not any of that, I had my own ideas about everything, I was smart enough to shut My yap about it all.

16. LiveUninhibited

LiveUninhibited Well-Known Member

The way to reconcile your two posts is that while Trump isn't against LGBT rights, he really doesn't care about them either. If we use the republican platform as a standard, he is either very socially conservative or doesn't care enough about social issues to reign in social conservatism - and I suspect it's the latter. Arming Ukraine to deter Russia aggression, however, was something he was not willing to have in the platform.

17. DoctorWho

Do you really believe Armed conflict between Ukraine and Russia is a good idea ?

18. LiveUninhibited

Deterrence would imply they don't fight. Lack of deterrence would imply Russia just walks in. Whether they fight or not is Russia's choice, but if Ukraine were armed Russia might at least have to suffer a more effective insurgency or lose a few people along the way - thus making it less attractive in the long-run. I'm not saying I have a strong position on this either, though, I just find it interesting that of all things, THAT is what Trump cares about.

19. JakeJ

Obviously you did not listen to Trump's RNC speech.

Yes, I understand that Hillary Clinton and many Democrats want to massively surround Russia with missiles and weapons and then attack Russia. Hillary is the ONLY presidential candidate to openly declare a goal of attacking the Russian military directly with the US military.

So yes, you are correct, Donald Trump to the exact opposed opposed Clinton, Democrat neocons, Republican neocons and Wall Street that want to have a New Cold War and arms race with Russia for the massive profits it brings to them. They even make piles of money of each killed and crippled American in their wars. The Democratic party now is the warhawk and global military world police party.

20. LiveUninhibited

Trump is unpredictable in terms of foreign policy. He goes by his gut so I suppose it depends on what he ate and who looked at him the wrong way.

As for his speech, talk is cheap. He had an opportunity to make the republican platform more socially moderate, and he didn't do it.

21. DoctorWho

You really have wrong ideas about much of that part of the World, We are on the brink of a NUCLEAR WINTER, IF we are not careful, Hillary Clinton has no clue about what will happen if that Genie is let out of it's Silo it will spell the end for many People and set in motion repercussions that will last a long time.

DennisTate likes this.
  22. LiveUninhibited

You make a lot of assumptions. Clinton wants to contain Russia's ambitions, not have a war with them. Russia wants to retake territory it lost after the soviet breakup, not war with America. Though they are concerned about loss of MAD - which keeps America at bay. Putin is driving this reignition of the cold war, not Clinton. And Trump bring Putin's lapdog, or some kind of Chamberlain 2, or his bosom buddy or whatever it is between those two is not going to make Putin behave better. It is a delicate game. Trump is not good at delicate games.

And even if a war erupted, both sides would only use nukes to avoid total defeat or if the other side used them. Either would rather lose a conventional war than win a nuclear war. I suspect Russia in a corner would threaten to destroy a non-nuclear ally as a bargaining chip before launching at America.

23. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

I am fine with transgender people using the bathroom of their gender, whether it's what they were born as or what they've been turned into surgically. Bathrooms are divided by gender. Gender and gender identity aren't the same thing. One of those things is, more or less, what you say it is(lets face it, we have to take every single person's word on what they are attracted to). The other is what your body is. Gender is not dependent on psychology, simply on bodily anatomy.

So, bottom line I suppose, if you want to use the bathroom of the gender you identify with and it's not the bathroom that matches you gender, best see a doctor and get the equipment swapped.

24. LiveUninhibited

And I know nato pledges to use nukes to defend each other. Is that a bluff for deterrence? I don't think Putin is sure. He would continue to be unsure with Clinton at the helm. While he could increase aggression without penalty under Trump.

25. DoctorWho

You do not understand Putin or Russia or any of the other Players, that is too bad......