ALS / Lou Gehrig's Disease

Discussion in 'Health Care' started by waltky, Jul 27, 2016.

1. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

ALS gene discovery funded by Ice Bucket Challenge events...
    :cool:
    Ice Bucket Challenge funds gene discovery in ALS (MND) research
    Wed, 27 Jul 2016 - The Ice Bucket Challenge that went viral in 2014 has funded the discovery of an important gene in the neurodegenerative disease ALS, the ALS Association says.
    See also:

Ice Bucket Challenge mum praises ALS 'breakthrough'
    Wed, 27 Jul 2016 - Nancy Frates, whose son Pete has ALS, welcomes a research breakthrough, but says more donations are needed to find a "cure".

2. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Hope for Stephen Hawking?
    :fingerscrossed:
    Completely 'locked-in' patients can communicate
    Wed, 01 Feb 2017 | Patients with no control over their body answer questions as a computer interprets brain signals.

3. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wow!

I remember that challenge. My wife took it.... ... but I didn't.

I am a Theist and I would also like to see supposed Atheist Stephen Hawking Ph. D.
    challenge evangelical faith healers such as Evangelist Todd White.... to see if prayer
    can improve his condition.

Chapter 13 of Stephen Hawking's Universe was so brilliantly written that I have been
    wondering for years if perhaps Dr. Hawking is a closet Theist?

Richard Dawkins Ph. D's claim to be an Atheist is obviously not true......
    he is at minimum an Agnostic......
    what he stated regarding the possibility of alien life evolving and being involved in
    evolution on earth......
    proves that he is not a true Atheist.

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...richard-dawkins-ph-d-aliens-seeded-earth.html

4. Brett Nortje

Brett Nortje Well-Known Member

Motor neuron disease is easily fixed by observing that the motor neurons are merely feeling the nervous system, yes? this means that therapy through these five senses will lead to the nervous system healing itself through the 'right type of stimulus.' this could be where the right colours are observed to calm then stimulate the system, this could be when gentle sounds are used before rigorous sounds to stimulate the hearing system.

In effect, the world of someone with m.n.d. is a dull one. with electrotherapy, or, maybe ingesting a lot of headache tablets, or other brain stimulating medication would gently calm the brain, then 'jack it up?'

5. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Artificial Intelligence Robots Aiding in Battle Against ALS...
    [​IMG]
    Artificial Intelligence Robots Aiding in Battle Against Crippling Nerve Disease
    August 10, 2017 — Artificial intelligence robots are turbocharging the race to find new drugs for the crippling nerve disorder ALS, commonly called Lou Gehrig's disease. The condition attacks and kills nerve cells controlling muscles, leading to weakness, paralysis and, ultimately, respiratory failure.