How exactly did we get to be trillions of dollars in debt if......

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by DennisTate, Aug 2, 2016.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Federal Reserve actually pays back most of the interest payments
    that is generated by the loans that it makes to government??????

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=211515&page=2&p=1064784748#post1064784748
    Who Actually Owns the Fed and Why That Must End

So if the above statement is accurate......
    how did America get to be eighteen trillion dollars in debt??????

In my opinion..... I do hope that this other article is accurate because something seems to be wrong here.

http://www.infowars.com/trump-calls-for-auditing-the-fed/
    Trump Calls For Auditing the Fed

GOP frontrunner makes good on promise to call for audit of Fed

2. ImNotOliver

ImNotOliver Well-Known Member

You misunderstand the role of the Federal Reserve in the Federal debt. You see giving out loans, or not, is how the Federal Reserve controls the money supply. The government, federal, state, and local, doesn't get loans through the Federal Reserve. The loans come about in the form of bonds which are issued by the issuing agency (the treasury in the case of the federal government) and bought by investors.

DennisTate likes this.
  3. DennisTate

Thank you for this clarification.

You are correct.... this subject is confusing to me. I am actually Canadian but in my 2004 campaign for the office of Municipal Councillor in my area I
    wrote more about USA history than our Canadian history, because it seemed to me that perhaps aspects of the British North America Act that formed
    Canada into an independent nation seemed to borrow from, and be based partly on the brilliant Greenback Monetary Experiment initiated by
    President Lincoln.

Here is a link to my 2006 and 2004 primary campaign writings.
    www.BankingSystemFlaws.blogspot.ca/

Here is another topic that I began that deals with this.

http://www.politicalforum.com/econo...our-billion-dollars-how-can-we-do-2013-a.html
    President Lincoln saved taxpayers four billion dollars...how can we do this in 2013?

I was given a copy of this article in 1994.

After reading this article those lectures from Economics 101, 212 and Economic History sure took on a whole new level of importance.

http://www.michaeljournal.org/lincolnkennedy.htm
    Melvin Sickler:
    OK, so how do we apply this information in 2013 without scaring the guys on Wallstreet, who have a tendency to go out on their balconies and jump, if investors get scared....which actually could happen even if government did something intelligent!!!!!???????

4. Stevew

Stevew Well-Known Member

That's true. A lot of knowledgeable people like to call that "printing money" in a sarcastic manner, and in a way it is, because dollars are in the form of digital information on computers, not cash.

And this leads to the next useless statement of auditing the Fed. That is the same as auditing an auditor. The fed is intended to be an independent private organization. When politicians start threatening the Fed with an audit suggesting they are not independent, then it is basically the same as influencing the Fed to make decisions based on what politicians want them to do. That has been their argument against Cruz and others.

However, I agree that the Fed has been making some stupid decisions in recent years, but I think it has to do with their stupidity, not politics. The last thing we want is to force the Fed under the wings of politicians.

Steve

5. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

we sell more Treasuries than we pay back

DennisTate likes this.
  6. Stevew

Stevew Well-Known Member

Where do you get that info? That is contrary to what has been ocurring or claimed to occur. That is money supply reduction potentially causing the economy to slow down. Obama and the Fed have wanted to expand the money supply, or buy back treasuries putting cash in the economy. (sarcasm)

Steve

7. DennisTate

Or.... a politician could be attempting to do their duty to tweak
    Federal Reserve Policy if it is significantly flawed.

I would like to explain what I meant by the following statement:

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...ence-federal-reserve-doing-excellent-job.html
    I just read powerful evidence that the Federal Reserve is doing an excellent job.

If this statement is correct...… that the bulk of the interest generated by the loans issued by the Fed..... go back into the budget of the USA...… then........ I no longer have any serious issues with the American Federal Reserve System!

This is news to me...… although it looks like this has been going on for a long time.

.....(then I quote much of the OP)....

In the year 1940.... faced with the issue of financing Canada's participation in WWII,
    Prime Minister Mackenzie King began an exceptionally wise central banking policy that
    continued until 1974.

Basically...... .fifty percent of the total money supply in the Canadian economy was put into
    existence through loans....... (from the Bank of Canada that is theoretically..... .owned by all
    Canadians)........ for infrastructure projects that benefited all Canadians. Those loans were at
    zero or at most one percent interest.

In 1974, Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau altered this policy for some good reasons.... and for
    some bad reasons...... and since that time the national debt of Canada has spiralled out of control.

From 1974 to 1995, the Bank of Canada was used....... to create merely TWO PERCENT of the
    total money supply... .and about 98% of the money supply was created through loans, by private banks,
    even to the various levels of Canadian government..... even for infrastructure projects.... at quite high
    rates of interest.

It was estimated that in the one year of 1995, that roughly SIXTY BILLION DOLLARS IN INTEREST PAYMENTS....
    could have been saved... .if we had gone back to P. M. Mackenzie King's monetary policy formula...... and applied it
    to pay off the national debt.

Since 1974.... in many given years, the Bank of Canada has often created TEN TIMES AS MUCH DEBT.... as money put into circulation.....
    whereas during that same time period.... the USA Federal Reserve ..... created only about 3.5 times as much debt as
    money......... which gives the Fed a three hundred percent or so............. margin of basic superiority over their
    counterpart here in Canada.

There is an exceptional quotation on this in my 2008 campaign writing from three Canadian economists, John Hotson, Harold Chorney and Mario
    Seccareccia.

www.BankingSystemsFlaws.blogspot.ca/

8. DennisTate

What do you think of my theory.....
    that we do this deliberately..... so that we can make our economic situation look.....
    worse than it really is.... .so that we can put pressure on unions to accept somewhat
    lower wages..........

and so that citizens....place a lower value on their land..... time... and other resources?

I could be wrong... but I am of the opinion that we Canadians ALREADY learned a lot from
    the Greenback Central Banking Policy of President Lincoln.... but American economists might just be able
    to learn something from the Canadian central banking policy initiated by P. M. Mackenzie King..........

NDP leader Jack Layton did a great job of summarizing the whole subject in one sentence.

"We never should have privatized our debt and turned it over to the
    private banks, we should have kept it in the hands of the Bank of Canada,
    at least a major part of it, because then we would have been paying
    interest back to ourselves." (NDP Leader Jack Layton)

Oh Canada Movie 6 - Banking - 5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1HfKIvmZGU

9. DennisTate

On a scale of one to ten.....
    one being strongly disagree and ten being strongly agree.....

what do you personally think of my explanation for why this is happening up here in Canada.....
    (which is surely at least to some degree similar the USA system)....

http://bankingsystemflaws.blogspot.ca
    My name is Dennis Tate. I lived most of my forty seven years in West Lochiel Lake, Guysborough County. I am running for MLA as an independent in the area of Pictou Centre so that I can help as many people as possible become more aware of what I am sure is the real reason why our roads are in disrepair, why hospital beds are unused, why so many of the rural schools have been shut down, why our soldiers in Afghanistan are poorly equipped and why many if not most of our young people may have to leave Nova Scotia to find jobs.

When well trained workers have high quality technology to work with then the total of all wages and benefits paid out to employees is only a fraction of the retail value of the products they produce. As a result of this fact the only way to move products out of warehouses is to extend higher and higher levels of credit. One problem with an abundance of red ink is that compound interest on all this government, business and personal debt over a period of decades will grow to astronomical levels. At this time there is approximately TEN TIMES as much debt in Canada as there is money. A simple explanation for how this happened can be seen here:
    http://www.michaeljournal.org/plenty34.htm

In my opinion this rather simple mathematical problem is perhaps the number one cause of inflation in the Canadian economy over the past three decades. This is also perhaps the number one reason why our costs of production are so high and Canadian products cannot compete on the world markets as well as they could under better conditions.

From 1940 to 1970 the Government of Canada put roughly half of the total money supply into the economy through loans issued through the federally owned Bank of Canada. Provincial and municipal governments could borrow the money to build roads, schools, hospitals and sewage treatment facilities at zero or one percent interest. In 1970 we changed our system and since that time a higher and higher percentage of all government debt is financed through loans issued through privately owned banks. At this time it is ninety eight percent. This policy may be great for our banking sector but it was estimated that in the one year of 1995 alone our federal government could have saved roughly SIXTY FIVE BILLION DOLLARS in interest payments if we had gone back to creating half the total money supply through these low interest rate loans issued through the bank that is OWNED BY ALL CANADIANS.

Considering that our deficit was approximately thirty billion dollars for that year, simply by changing back to an already proven monetary and banking system, we could theoretically have had a FEDERAL BUDGET SURPLUS OF THIRTY FIVE BILLION DOLLARS in 1995.

The massive cutbacks in the Canadian military, in health care, highway construction, social programs and education were profoundly affected by these accounting practices?

10. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Its just part of Obama's hokus pokus great economy that has put us an additional 10 trillion dollars in the dumper.

11. DennisTate

Here is a link to the USA national debt on this day back in 2008

http://www.usdebtclock.org/2008.html

Here is a link to the USA national debt today I think..... .....
    you are right.... it is up by over nine trillion dollars......

http://www.usdebtclock.org

12. jdog

jdog Banned

If more people were smart enough to ask this question, we would not be on the road to tyranny and declining wealth........

- - - Updated - - -

The real question is why the United States has a private corporation printing its money, and loaning it to the government at interest.....
    Who thinks that is a good idea?

13. DennisTate

True.... and I know that this may sound strange but sometimes......
    one of the best ways to get an idea across to 300 million people......

may be to promote it to 35 million neighbours of theirs?!?!

http://www.politicalforum.com/canad...tional-leader-canadas-conservative-party.html

14. DennisTate

We have a winner......
    in another one of the forums here......
    I began a discussion that has led to somebody answering this question
    quite brilliantly.........(I think)?!

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=387345&page=4&p=1066985634#post1066985634

Do you think that the Worgl, Austria experiment can be applied in America again?

Wow!

I believe that you just answered a question that I posted here to the forum several months ago.

15. DennisTate

I just found a great article that sure helps to answer the question in the opening post.....

http://www.newswithviews.com/Coffman/mike118.htm

GEORGE SOROS AND HIS PROGRESSIVE WAR ON AMERICA

By Dr. Michael S. Coffman Ph. D.
    February 15, 2011