“Ocean’s Eight” tests the limits of the gender-flip reboot formula

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by Pax Aeon, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    `

Read the article here.

Make no mistake about it, even as a female, this gender flipping on old movies is getting tired. The studio's save money by incorporating into already established franchises. Reboots are doing bad, overall. I'm not going to even mention the over-hyped Ghostbusters 3, which will be losing tens of millions of dollars. The latest reboot of the Fantastic Four is also lost money. Both of these have one thing in common; being politically correct and trying to change an already established character mythos. When PC democrats try to defend this, they look like freaking fools as they don't understand comics and established character conceptualization.

Ocean's Ocho brings together a high powered group of females, starring Cate Blanchett; Mindy Kaling; Helena Bonham Carter, Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna and others, in the Ocean's 11 and 12 genera tradition; robbing something. I'm not basically into that although I have seen both previous Ocean's movies. Personally, I don't care about the gender switch and plan on seeing this movie, just to see this ensemble cast.