I believe Hillary is Atheist/Secular/Non-Religious. Do you?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by A random man, Aug 11, 2016.

?

1. Yes I believe Hillary is Atheist/Secular/Non-Religious

21 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. No I don't believe Hillary is Atheist/Secular/Non-Religious

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. A random man

A random man Active Member

[​IMG]

2. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Probably. However, I'm not one to care. I personally believe Obama is agnostic/atheist as his father was. I have no proof, I just get the feeling he's not down with the man up stairs like other Presidents were. So it wouldn't surprise me if Hillary were non religious. Nothing wrong with it

3. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

I think it depends upon who she is speaking to

4. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

In my opinion, neither Clinton or Trump are religious people. Obama is a Muslim, but not deeply in Islamic ritualism and more along the lines of a secular Muslim that admires religious Muslims while having contempt for religious Christians.

5. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Birthers are Donald's main constituency.

6. Iriemon

Clinton has been a lifelong Methodist, attending various churches throughout her lifetime; all belonging to the United Methodist Church:

First United Methodist Church of Park Ridge, Illinois–in her early life,
    First United Methodist Church of Little Rock, Arkansas–while in Arkansas,
    Foundry United Methodist Church in Washington, D.C.–as First Lady of the United States,
    Metropolitan Community United Methodist Church in New York City, New York–currently a congregant.

She discussed her faith at 2014 United Methodist Women church rally at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville, Kentucky.[488] However, she has infrequently discussed her faith while campaigning.[489][490] James Macintyre for Christianity Today has written that her Christian faith is "undeniably strong" and compared her lightly worn but "very real" faith to that of British prime minister Theresa May.[491] Clinton's friend Lissa Muscatine has suggested that perhaps because Clinton's faith has motivated her so deeply, she has rarely talked about it.[489]

In early 2016, a Pew poll was released finding that over 4 in 10 Americans believed Clinton was not very religious. As of 2016, Clinton has openly discussed her Christianity on several occasions, discussing for example the importance of loving one's neighbor as oneself, of helping the poor and "creating opportunities for others to be lifted up".[490] Clinton has also expressed disappointment that "Christianity, which has such great love at its core, is sometimes used to condemn so quickly and judge so harshly."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton#Religious_views

Trump told a 2015 South Carolina campaign audience he attends Marble Collegiate Church, where he married his first wife Ivana in 1977. Marble has said that, though Trump has a longstanding history with the church, he is a Presbyterian and not an active member of Marble.[458] Trump has said that although he participates in Holy Communion, he has not asked God for forgiveness for his sins. He stated, "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

Clinton just doesn't wear her religious convictions on her sleeve. Versus others, who lie about their religious activities to try to score points with gullible voters.

7. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

I do not care, as long is she is not trying to push her religion on the people, it doesn't matter to me what she believes

though I believe she is a Christian

8. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

You will obtain a sincere answer only if truth can increase electoral potentialities ... otherwise you will obtain a politically advantageous answer.

Regarding Hillary Clinton in particular, I've never thought she is sincerely religious [there is a difference between traditional social religiosity and real religiosity, you know], but honestly I don't care.

9. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

agree, i think this is true of many Americans, many believe in a higher power or an afterlife, but just call themselves Christians cause that is the way they were raised and they think that is what they should say... when Deistic would probably be a more accurate answer

10. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

Could you explain in detail what difference it could possibly make??? Hint: It makes no difference and you have no idea if there ever was an atheist President ....

11. JakeJ

It is amazing how many Democrats like you think that being Muslim is a foreign race! :roflol:

12. Iriemon

I suppose it might be, if I thought or said such a thing.

13. JakeJ

While everyone is expected to say a politician's religion doesn't matter as a required PC statement, actually it matters a lot.

For example, do you think it would be relevant if a person was in the Westboro Baptist Church? What about if of a sect of Islam that believes in Sharia law as the highest law of the land? What about an Zionist Jew? Or an obscure apocalyptic religion? Or a religion that believes their's is the master race?

OF COURSE A PERSON'S RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ARE RELEVANT.

The only way a person's religion would NOT matter is if their religion had nothing to do with their values, morality, goals, beliefs, and purpose of life - meaning they aren't actually religious at all.

If a person's religious beliefs and values doesn't matter, then nothing else about the person's beliefs or values matters either. As such, politics comes down to who best delivers the best written words - for which no one is to put any stock in any of the words at all.

- - - Updated - - -

What did anything I posted have to do with where Obama was born?

14. crank

crank Well-Known Member

One can only hope, for the sake of America, that she is not sincerely religious. But, like anyone in power or potential power these days, it would be very unusual if she's anything but an atheist. And that's just as it should be. The very last thing the world needs is leaders informed by invisible magic sky men.

15. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Those are three very distinct concepts. If you don't know the difference, the answer(s) to your question is meaningless.

16. kgeiger002

kgeiger002 Active Member Past Donor

I think she's whatever is (Politically) convenient for her at any given moment... or is that only obvious to me?

17. Crawdadr

Crawdadr Well-Known Member

I do not believe it matters in any way. Their beliefs in the almighty is irrelevant to their actions in office.

18. Iriemon

No. As the article I posted shows, she has maintained her religious activity all of her life. Unlike Trump, who lied about his religious activity to con the gullible into supporting him.

Clinton has over her entire career fought for for the lower middle class working folk, from her fight to get universal health care in the early 1990s to her policies today.

19. A random man

You say she is a Methodist. (And I sincerely think you believe this, as did my very good nature grandmother from Illinois before she passed, she loved Hillary).

Here's the core problem I have with this.

Hillary may in fact be a secular-ish Methodist. I suspect she is or was to some extent in her early years, whichever is largely irrelevant now.

My issue with Hillary (and all Democrats/Republicans for that matter but Democrats are especially guilty of this) is that people like Hillary take advantage of the modernly ignorant, good oldschool "Farm Democrats" who might indeed be a genuine Methodist who had their farm in a bygone era saved by a now non-existent Democrat party of yesteryear who now totally misunderstands that all the Democratic party is now and has been for decades is an open mafia bazaar masquerading as its past glory that is long gone. I tried to explain this to my grandmother. Bill's many hundreds if not thousands of women, Hillary knowing and managing it all from the beginning, but it was futile right up until her passing year. She just could not abandon the romantic nostalgic bygone ideal of the democrats even though her democrat party hasn't existed for a good 30 years. Her head could never remotely accept that Hillary was a conniving mob esq plotter in league with Bill the lecher, her romantic view of the good little Illinois Methodist prevailed till the end.

If only she had known the truth (I assume she did but hated it so much she simply avoided it at all cost). Hillary is a political corporatist calculating mob boss as is Bill and they have been all their lives. That's the only reason they were together. Hillary is about as Methodist as Lucifer if there was one. There are no family farms to support anymore barely, most are owned by corporations. Hillary is a big city mafiosi is all. To think "Methodist" has any impact on her is lunacy. Where in being a Methodist does it say organize your husbands 400+ affairs while he is Governor of Arkansas? That's pure BS.

20. yardmeat

yardmeat Well-Known Member

Definitely secular, maybe non-religious. It wouldn't surprise me . . . though I have even less reason to believe Trump's claims of Christianity.

21. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

What's more amazing is how many idiots think obama is muslim.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, WBC is christian. Same ac RC, Protestant, etc. Even Mormon.

22. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

23. A random man

So when Bill was being driven around to hundreds of random women's houses, apartments by his Arkansas police, state troopers assigned to him as Arkansas governor, when Hillary was covering up those affairs politically and going over them with his political staff (Which women? How often? Do we need to be worried about this one or this one?) when and where in your mind did her Methodist upbringing and values come into play and influence her in all that?

I'm extremely curious where exactly you think during all those affairs and lonely nights in your mind Hillary's supposed Methodist faith came into play?

24. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Forgiveness, spousal responsibility and reluctance to divorce? It’s not as if she’d be the first Christian wife to tolerate a husbands infidelities for all sorts of reasons, religious and secular, and I very much doubt she’ll be the last.

25. btthegreat

btthegreat Well-Known Member

Wow. You do not know what she did or thought or prayed, or what she perceived her answers from God might be. You are certainly not the one, she is trying to impress with her daily choices or her character, Her God is.

When did you decide those with a religious upbringing and values, actually acted any differently than the rest of us, except to add some prayers to their regimen? Throw in some sincere "God please forgive my sins, I'll try to do better " in the mix, and you can have a devout Jew, Muslem, or Christian of any stripe.

I do not question the religion of sinners, or of people with behavioral attributes that do not directly mimic their religious heroes, because faith is rarely dependent on some personality cleansing. I could believe you might be devoutly religious, and even a Methodist, despite some moral sanctimonious behavior in this thread, even if Jesus was not in essence a sanctimonious kind of teacher. See how that works?

Frankly, you have to be about 12 years old, to ask your question.