Video of fire in Southern Ca

Discussion in 'Survival and Sustainability' started by Robert, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/19/firefighters-attack-huge-california-wildfire-by-air-ground.html

There is more than one video. Video one is over a large fire in Southern CA. I live in Northern CA but have driven highway 15 a few times. I once had a sister living in that fire area and drove to her then house.

What you have there is a lot of sage brush along with plants that seem to survive the desert conditions. Naturally any fire once started has the potential to burn a lot of land. They report a lot of people got moved away to save lives. But keep in mind it is not city. It is very rural.

And no I do not see smoke nor smell it. It is at least a 6 or 7 hr drive for me to be there.

Oh the second video shows the swimmers have the problems at Rio De Janero.

You can get an idea why they got into trouble with the police there.

2. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Containment lines around 26 percent of the Blue Cut fire...
    :fingerscrossed:
    Firefighters gain ground on Southern California wildfire
    Saturday 20th August, 2016 - Firefighters were gaining ground on Friday against a wildfire burning in a Southern California mountain pass that forced tens of thousands of residents to flee their homes and consumed dozens of structures.
    See also:

More people go home as progress made against California fire
    Saturday 20th August, 2016 - More people returned to their homes Friday as firefighters made significant progress against a huge wildfire burning in Southern California's San Bernardino National Forest, but that was tempered by the announcement that at least 96 homes and 213 outbuildings were destroyed.