Live & Laugh

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by El VetoVoter, Aug 24, 2016.

1. El VetoVoter

El VetoVoter New Member

I have lived an interesting life, discussed philosophy and politics with thousands of people, studied history and political science, observed sunsets and meteor showers and the birth of kittens, and found it all to be a fantastic journey. I have kayaked wild rivers, climbed steep cliffs, wrecked cars, and fought my share of fights.

Currently I live in the Sonoran Desert, where it's often "110 in the shade, but there ain't no shade..." I work outside in that weather almost every day. I can take the heat because deep inside, I know I'm cool.

I have learned to fix lots of things. One thing that there just doesn't seem to be any fix for is government. But, it's interesting to watch the circus and laugh at the clowns.

El Veto-Voter
    www.haltvote.com

2. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

Welcome! Pick a few active threads and start posting.
    But keep in mind that any real effort to "fix" government and the political class will 'make them squeal'. ;-)

3. bois darc chunk

bois darc chunk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hello [MENTION=72132]El VetoVoter[/MENTION]. Welcome to Political Forum. I look forward to reading some of your posts. If you have any questions or need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to assist you.

4. El VetoVoter

El VetoVoter New Member

I herd pigs. I have heard them squeal.

Political powermongers aren't much different from pigs. They expect to be fed, much more than they deserve, and if they are not satisfied, they will squeal.

And when they squeal to the Hillaries and Trumps of the political world, they will be heard and appeased.

So, it really doesn't matter which swine-herder we elect. What matters, on an individual basis, is whether we gave our consent to the slaughter, feeding frenzy, and power to be.

I refuse to give my consent by refusing to vote.

Admittedly, it is a small step. But, if enough people took one step forward, the whole earth could conceivably shift balance.

Maybe this was of interest to you. I hope so.

5. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's made me realise what a boring life I lead! [​IMG]

6. conservative_frk

conservative_frk New Member

I may have to use that one living in Arizona. I hope you don't mind. LOL

El VetoVoter likes this.
  7. El VetoVoter

El VetoVoter New Member

I do herd pigs. I have heard them squeal.

Political powermongers aren't much different from pigs. They expect to be fed, much more than they deserve, and if they are not satisfied, they will squeal.

And when they squeal to the Hillaries and Trumps of the political world, they will be heard and appeased.

So, it really doesn't matter which swine-herder we elect. What matters, on an individual basis, is whether we gave our consent to the slaughter, feeding frenzy, and power to be.

I refuse to give my consent by refusing to vote.

Admittedly, it is a small step. But, if enough people took one step forward, the whole earth could conceivably shift balance.

Maybe this was of interest to you. I hope so.

8. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

I agree with 99% of what you have posted. But while Trump is rather obnoxious and crude he is not a professional politician. His campaign proves it. So, stop with the slander. ;-)

OTH, Jill Stein is a very smart, very aggressive alternative antiestablishment candidate. Beyond that it has become very easy to write in an alternative not on the ballot. You are right - there is no excuse for not voting.

“Getting Rich has become the great bipartisan ideal: “No Democrats and Republicans in Washington anymore, only millionaires”, goes the maxim. The ultimate Green party. You still hear the term “public service” thrown around, but often with irony and full knowledge that “self-service” is now the real insider play.” Mark Leibovich, This Town, Penguin Books, 2013, p. 9.

The American people have slowly become aware of how this politics game is played. They are very tired of being the ball.

9. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

If that were true, Serial Liars Hillary and Donald Trump would not be leading Gary Johnson and Jill Stein

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome aboard

10. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

Support for Stein and Johnson has risen in spite of their many handicaps. But the only antiestablishment candidates are Trump and Stein. The MSM will tell you which candidates the DP, the RP and the political class fear most.

Johnson is a professional RP politician.

11. ArmySoldier

Johnson is against many things that the establishment protects. He wants to cut stupid laws that make the government money (drug laws), understands that we need to worry about America first, and other countries second, and the one thing the establishment hates, campaign reform

12. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

When did he first become "against" those things. He was an RP governor - right?

13. ArmySoldier

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

Here's his stances. Many have the dates of speeches as well. He's been against them...

14. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

I will check him out. Were those his positions when he ran for election as a RP candidate?

15. ArmySoldier

I'm not sure. The dates are the speeches he gave. They don't detail when the policy emerged from him. I've always known him to have these views

16. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

If those were his positions when he campaigned as a Republican I will be surprised. The War On Drugs certainly needs to end. Have yet to see plan to do that that would be credible and attractive to most voters.

When a politician offers to give the money now funding every aspect of the drug war to the people - in cash - I will pay closer attention.

I know Ron Paul believed what he said. Not so sure about the latest crop of "libertarian" politicians. Looks a lot like an RPeDPe Get Trump scam.

17. AFM

AFM Well-Known Member Past Donor

Welcome. Fixing government (IMO) is an oxy moron. :smile: About the best that can be done is to minimize it. But I'm afraid that's too late in the majority of global countries.

El VetoVoter likes this.
  18. El VetoVoter

El VetoVoter New Member

Ron Paul sat in my living room in 1988 and we discussed politics (he was the Libertarian Presidential candidate at the time), philosophy, and how the system works. He has since gone back to being a R-crat, but the most principled of them.

Gary Johnson also ran as a R-crat for Governor of New Mexico, but with strong libertarian tendencies. He won! Surprise! Surprise! (as Gomer Pyle would say), in some places freedom is still valued. But, he was too freedom-oriented for the R-crat establishment, so he switched, quite logically, to being a Libertarian.

I've met Gary. I truly like Gary, but I can't vote for Gary.

If the election was a popularity contest to choose who would be the better friend or neighbor, then the choice would be easy. Gary Johnson is the only nice person running for President this election.

All the other candidates have one thing in common. They want to tell us all how to live our lives. They are busy-body power-mongers who want to rule. They may mean to rule well, but they do mean to rule.

The two big-party candidates are both proven liars, over and over again. Neither can be trusted. Neither can be believed. It is downright dangerous to give any power to pathological liars.

Unfortunately most politicians are pathological liars. Some are just more difficult to catch than others.

And elections aren't about who would make a good neighbor. Elections are about who is fit to rule over others.

It is my opinion that there isn't anybody on this planet fit to rule over others.

If, as the slogan says, "Your Vote Is Your Power!" then I refuse to give my power to any politician.

Voting makes the voter an accomplice to the winning politicians' political crimes.

I can't accept those terms, so my conscience won't let me vote. Not even for a nice guy like Gary.

19. cerberus

Welcome from me, EV-V. You sound an extremely interesting person; I don't know anyone like you, but I wish I did.

20. cerberus

[​IMG] You've really hit the ground running.

21. Ddyad

Ddyad Well-Known Member

There are only 2 serious antiestablishment candidates, Stein and Trump. The only vote that might throw a wrench into the works of the corrupt bipartisan system will be for Trump. A vote for Stein is a statement - futile, but not a wasted vote.