Who is your favourite wrestler?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WJV, Aug 25, 2016.

1. WJV

WJV Banned

I was just reading a news item about how Lebron James wore an Ultimate Warrior t-shirt while celebrating the Clevelands NBA Finals victory over the Golden State Warriors - and Lebron James is saying that he didnt wear the shirt to be a troll - it was just the only shirt that he had packed. See his wife had asked Lebron who his favourite wrestlers were and he told her and she bought a heap of shirts online and he was wearing them through the NBA Finals - and I do remember him wearing an Undertaker t-shirt before one of the games - so after the Game & win the only shirt Lebron had to put on was the Ultimate Warrior t-shirt that his wife had bought him and that is why he wore the shirt - not to troll the Golden State Warriors players. -

http://www.givemesport.com/854521-lebron-james-explains-his-decision-to-wear-ultimate-warrior-tshirt

lebron.jpg
    (google images)

HA! You cant even have a joke anymore without some jerk calling you a troll these days with all of this anti-bullying agenda nonsense coming from USA - so I really like this story and I do not believe for a second that Lebron didnt choose this shirt to rub his NBA Finals Victory into the faces of the Golden State Warriors and also their uncivilized fans that attacked Lebron with booing and mean signs in game 5 when they thought that a Warriors win was certain after Cavs went down 1-3 and Lebron - and good on him. I wasnt really a hge fan of Lebrons before the last NBA Finals but I am now. I thought that it was great the way he utterly destroyed arrogant and obnoxious Warriors thug Dreymond Green.

So I was reading Lebrons list of favourite wrestlers I was thinking of my own. I like that Lebron is an Ultimate Warrior fan and that the Ultimate Warrior is getting some love because I recently watched that Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior documentary and in my opinion it is a total hatchet job. I do not think it is so terrible that Ultimate Warrior wanted to have the rights to his wrestling ring name - and many other wrestlers have ownership of their like Hulk Hogan for example - and Ultimate Warrior was already called the Dingo Warrior before he signed with Vince McMahon which is very similar, so he should at least be able to call himself the Warrior and I do not see why anyone would be so angry about this. The doco also goes on about how the Ultimate Warrior was a terrible wrestler that put other wrestlers in danger but I doubt they would be saying this if he didnt have disagreements with the company - and the worst thing is that the WWE tries to take all the credit for the success of the Ultimate Warrior character and in my opinion the Ultimate Warrior himself deserves a lot of the credit for how popular he became. Plus now that the guy is dead it seems even worse that the WWE decided to make a hatchet job documentary to attack him. RIP Ultimate Warrior. And do you guys think the WWE killed him? His death is pretty odd.

Anyway - I didnt really watch wrestling when Ultimate Warrior was the top guy but I remember seeing him and thinking he was kind of cool. I liked wrestling before Ultimate Warrior when Hulk Hogan was at his height, and of course I liked Hulk Hogan. Hulk Hogan is probably my favourite wrestler but I used to claim that my favourite was Macho Man Randy Savage but he was probably my second favourite. I also used to like King Kong Bundy, Junk Yard Dog, Andre the Giant, Hillbilly Jim, Jake the Snake Roberts - I could go on but those are the first that come to mind.

So like I said I didnt really watch wrestling when Ultimate Warrior was big because I got too old for it but when wrestling got huge again with the WWE vs WCW war I started watching again. I used to like WCW much better than WWE because WWE is more aimed at children and the characters more cartoonish and I liked the WCW storylines much better. I also thought that WCW was just a much better show all round. It was the coolest when some old WWE wrestler would pop up on WCW coming out of the crowd or whatever. Like most people I used to really like Goldberg. Goldberg is easily one of my favourite wrestlers. I think that Chris Jericho is an excellent wrestler and probably the funniest and most talented guy in a microphone. The wrestler I liked the most when the WWE vs WCW wars were happening was Big Poppa Pump - Scott Steiner. Scott Steiner is a very scary looking guy in my opinion and his Big Poppa Pump character really suited that and Im not sure that much of it was an act. And could there be a better ring name for a wrestler than Big Poppa Pump? I dount it. Plus he would come out with that chain mail thing on his head and with really super hot chicks - and it was very similar the the character that Hulk Hogan plays in the Rocky 3 movie - which was an awesome character. So Big Poppa Pump would be at the top of my list for the WWE vs WCW era but even better than him in my opinion was Shane McMahon. I remember being shocked that a guy like Shane McMahon would put his body on the line by taking part in WWE matches and even more shocked by the fact that Shane McMahon is a really good wrestler that really seems to put his body on the line for the paying fans. I would rather see a Shane McMahon flying elbow from the top ropes than one from the Macho Man. The guy is very very wealthy and he really doesnt need to be getting in the ring and putting himself at risk so the fact that he has makes me have a huge amount of respect for Shane McMahon. Sure professional wresting is choreographed but it is still very dangerous so for Shane McMahon to put his body on the line the way he has when he really doesnt have to is awesome in my opinion. And I think that Shane McMahon is pretty funny too. Vince McMahon himself has had some big matches in the WWE and he has my respect also - but it is Shane McMahon that is my favourite. I would put Shane McMahon down as my favourite wrestler of all time.

So who are your favourite wrestlers?

[video=youtube;od3cjyHctjo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od3cjyHctjo[/video]

2. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

Sadly, we have lost one of pro wrestling's greats:

[​IMG]

3. Annelle Bissette

Annelle Bissette Active Member

I love Hulk Hogan!

4. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

I havent gotten into wrestling in years, I was really big into it in my much younger years and my favorites were the Ultimate Warrior, Rowdy Piper and The Rockers. I got into it again during the so called Attitude Era and I was really big on Edge, Degeneration X , Cena, and Stone Cold . But the PG era turned me off and I tried to watch it a couple months ago but I got bored really quickly. The only wrestler I would probably pay attention too these days is Dean Ambrose simply because he is entertaining and is always the underdog , but other than that it's quite bland in my opinion.

Oh and I can't stand Brock Lesnar, overhyped and (*)(*)(*)(*)ing boring. I hope he gets wrecked now that he is back in the UFC.

5. TheResister

TheResister Banned

Currently, I am a Ring of Honor fan when it comes to wrestling. When I was a kid, my father had a book-keeper and his father in law was Paul Jones, the promoter for Georgia Championship Wrestling.

That relationship got me into the matches, ringside a lot of times, and a chance to go and hang out with the wrestlers afterward. Ron Reed (aka Buddy Colt) was the man. The greatest tag teams were the Assassins and the duo Rocket / Sputnik Monroe.

Today, if you want some great wrestling action, Ring of Honor has Lio Rush, Kyle O' Reilly, Dalton Castle, and Michael Elgin topping the list.

It's hard to pick a favorite, but a match pitting Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar with no time limit / DQ would be a hard act to follow.

6. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

GREATEST wrestler of all time:

[​IMG]

Killer Kowalski

7. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I used to serve Walter and Rex Trailer when they would come into the restaurant for breakfast. Kowalski was a good man and did a lot of charity work.

He was off of TV at that point as was Rex Trailer but they had great stories and were committed to special needs kids before it became en vogue

Even as an older guy Kowalski was huge and his hands would envelope my face (he applied the claw on me)

Mr_Truth likes this.
  8. Llewellyn Moss

Llewellyn Moss Well-Known Member

It's way back, but Skuka and Andre are two faves. Found a match from back in the day. :clapping:

[video=youtube;ZWZpN8T1T5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZpN8T1T5g[/video]