Pastor Who Bashed Orlando Victims Arrested on Child Molestation Charge

Discussion in 'Gay & Lesbian Rights' started by clarkeT, Aug 27, 2016.

1. clarkeT

clarkeT Well-Known Member

2. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 New Member

Well, this doesn't surprise me.

3. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

It does seem the most vocal of bigots always have some pretty big "lifestyle choices" they are hiding, the interesting part, statistically speaking, the resident bigots will now try Tto label him as gay and include him in the statistic that all gay men are molesters. Disgusting bunch of people they are.

If it turns out to be true I hope they give him the maximum - child abusers deserve no sympathy

4. Paperview

Paperview Well-Known Member

He's also famously - a Trump supporter.

5. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

6. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

7. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

God punishes yet again!

When will these Republicans learn to obey their own god's laws??

8. Polydectes

Polydectes Well-Known Member

I will have to reserve judgement. Rape allegations are the easiest way to defame a person.

9. clarkeT

And thus my comment of "Should the allegations be found to be true..." However I think we can all be judgmental, and rightly so, of one who stated, " "Been [sic] through so much with these Jacksonville Homosexuals that I don't see none of them as victims. I see them as getting what they deserve!!" when referring to those murdered in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

10. Polydectes

I may nit agree with what he says. But I'll defend to the death his right to say it.

People automatically want to believe the wrist of those in adversarial positions. Hell I've been guilty of this. But we know rape allegations are extremely difficult to prove and they are normally believed upon statement of the alleged victim. Meaning the alleged perpetrator is guilty before he even knows it. I we never want to hear the defense.

I've read the stuff about the bakers and pizza parlors that get death threats. Are allegations of rape really that far fetched?

11. clarkeT

***As will I***. Nobody, including myself, has denied his right to freedom of speech. Including hate speech. That is as long as it doesn't incite violence or is not slanderous, libelous or otherwise defamatory on personal basis. If it is then I, as should you and any other decent and moral person, have a problem with that. And just because one does have a right, as in his case, to say what he said that doesn't mean others don't have the right and a moral obligation to speak out against what he said for cryin' out loud!

12. Polydectes

Well I never said nobody should call him out for it. That isn't what this thread is about. I said just because he says stupid (*)(*)(*)(*) doesn't mean he is a pedophile. That's a nasty thing to accuse somebody of directly. It's a form of scarlet letter. Regardless of whether it's true or not they are branded for life. The doubt we'll always exist.

13. clarkeT

It's not a nasty thing to accuse someone of if they are guilty of it, your thoughts of the difficulty of proving such charges notwithstanding. And if it is true then to hell with them, let them be branded for life. What about the people who have to bear the scars of being the victims of sex crimes having to deal with that for the rest of their lives??? Do you think about them?

14. Polydectes

Yes it is. You can wrongly accuse somebody of it. Further I didn't mention any thoughts about it being difficult to prove. I stated facts.

If its true I could care less. If its not true the people falsely accused are just collateral damage.

15. crank

crank Well-Known Member

16. crank

crank Well-Known Member

Who decides what constitutes 'hate speech'? You?

You appear to have a well thought out definition of what it is, so we'll assume you're entitled to make that call, but others aren't. The problem with progressives is that they've learned their tricks from fascists and despots.

17. Polydectes

That is just a Voltaire quote.

18. Mr_Truth

Republicans had no problem making such ridiculous assertions against Bill Clinton. As usual, they did not present an ounce of proof but they keep repeating this lie over and over again.

19. Polydectes

Try not to be a partisan hack for five minuets.

Im a cultural libertarian this partisan crap is beneath me and it looks like more of a circle jerk than an argument.

But the republicans did it. Stupid.

20. Mr_Truth

Your replies are full of infantile emotionalism just like those of forum Republicans. If you have read my posts on this forum you would know that such tactics do not work on me.

My reply was simply a statement of fact. Not an accusation against you. As for partisanship I am not a Democrat so you need not worry about anything like that. Just elevate yourself to the point where you realize and write the truth without childish emotionalism. That is if you are capable of doing so.

21. Polydectes

I think you confused me with someone else mate.

My post was that your post was pointless and stupid.
    That's a bit ironic.

22. clarkeT

For the ignorant yank, and this isn't my decision with regard as to what 'constitutes it'...Hate speech, outside the law, is speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as gender, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation. Further, in the law of some countries, hate speech is speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it incites violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group.

23. Mr_Truth

Child, like I said, such emotionalism and infantilism doesn't work on me. Just stick to the facts and we might have a reasoned discussion. Calling my factual post stupid just only shows your state of mind and does not even begin to debunk what I have written.

24. Polydectes

All you can do is call names? Why doesn't your point stand? There is no emotion in my post at all.

Your post may be factual but it isn't the slightest bit relevant. I called it pointless and stupid because of its lack of relevance, not because it's lack of fact.

If you want to caterwall about how I called your post pointless and stupid, be my guest. It's not relevant, it isn't on topic, and it's rather banal. If that's all you want to talk about enjoy talking to yourself.

If you want to talk about the subject at hand we can.

I think people are quick to believe the worst about this guy because they don't like his opinion. Having a (*)(*)(*)(*) opinion doesn't automatically make someone a pedophile. If that was true anybody that liked Quentin terinteno's trash would be a pedophile.

25. Mr_Truth

^ ho hum

Same old childish emotionalism. If you could overcome such infantilism you would have seen that my point was valid.