Using first and last names to purge voters in November

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by bwk, Aug 28, 2016.

1. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

http://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/effort-to-purge-millions-from-voter-rolls-753083459623 Here we go again boys and girls. More cheating by Republicans to keep minorities from voting. Once again, were back to Jim Crow.

So here's how it's going to be done. Republicans have this list of voters, then, they will look at the names. If they see a name that says Miquel Jose Hernandez in one state, they'll match that name with Miquel Jorge Hernandez, and will assume there is double registration and that is the same person. And millions will be disenfranchised because of it. And the voter won't know this until it is time to vote.

And here's the thing, only a couple of cases of registering twice has ever been found. This is the real voter fraud here. More Republican schemes designed to prevent minorities from voting.

What else more can you say about this party. They have surrendered all their integrity, and have gone straight to the sewers.

2. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

The only solution for Miquel Jose Hernandez is to Americanize his name. That's what most of our European ancestors did when they legally arrived to America.

3. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

You are avoiding the argument. Thanks! You just proved that this is not only real, but Republican elected officials should be sent immediately to jail for corrupting the voting process. We will see how this plays out, now that the Democratic party is aware of the next voter fraud scheme by the Right. Stay tuned!

4. yardmeat

yardmeat Well-Known Member

Not if we are going to pretend to actually care about his voting rights. And, actually, "Americanizing" his name would probably increase the likelihood that he would have the same first and last name as someone in a neighboring state.

Often without their consent.

5. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

But but but the liberals say there never has been or is any is voter fraud in America.

- - - Updated - - -

Like Joe Smith ? :smile:

Blend in and assimilate.

6. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

What makes anyone beleive any political party has the power to purge voters off the rolls? Especially the opposing parties voters. lol
    If any duplicates are found I'm sure a bipartisan commission would need to agree on the evidence and the registrar of voters also agree and take action.

MSNBC and its viewers are getting fooled once again. Massive thread fail.

7. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

There wasn't, up until now, an now there is. It's called "Republican party voter fraud". And we'll get started with North Carolina. Voting officials site 35,000 people who have registered to vote twice with zero convictions. Want to know why? Because there is no such thing as 35,000 people registering twice. This is the very proof the Left needs that prove voter fraud by the Republican party. This will go very badly for the Republicans when all this is finally exposed.

8. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nah. Liberals say that this incidence rate of in person voter fraud is extraordinarily low.

9. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

They already did agree. Didn't you watch? Khris Kobach Trump's hit man is leading the charge with the 29 Republican states and their approval to try and hijack 7 million people's rights to vote for suspected registering twice. Which is nothing more than a lie for one thing, and an invented scam to use people with the same first and last name with a different middle name, and take those voters off the list as legal voters. This is a travesty, and all Republican Governors should go to jail. This is pure voter fraud by Republican states. What Republican governors are doing should be considered a felony. Let's see what happens.

10. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

I watched about half of the video and the site crashed on me. I get that a lot from oddball sites, not sure why.
    Anyhow it seems a totally ridiculous claim. Political,parties or governors do not have the authority to arbitrarily purge voters. Excuse the pun but it's a trumped up charge meant to incite the lefts base.

11. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, the solution is to lock up the scumbags who have conspired to keep Miguel from voting. The Bush gang created a false data base to scrub voters from the Florida roles which handed Bush/Cheney and their pack of war profiteering criminals the 2000 election. My suggestion would be a mandatory 10 years in prison for any sleazy crap like this. It has become standard procedure in GOP politics.

12. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

Do you have a link that supports your claim that people don't register twice? It would be a pretty common occurrence when people move from one state to another to register in their new state and still be registered for a period of time in their old state

13. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

You know something, when people look for the truth, they usually can find it. Just not too sure you want to; http://www.gregpalast.com/rolling-stone-expose-gops-secret-plan-steal-vote/ And if not, that's fine. The truth usually finds a way of being exposed sooner or later anyway.

14. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Kim Strach, Elections chief of North Carolina claimed there were 35,000 voters who registered twice, which is a felony. Do you know how many of those folks were convicted? "0"! http://www.gregpalast.com/rolling-stone-expose-gops-secret-plan-steal-vote/ That's how we know there is no double registering, and it proves corruption of the voting process by Republican governors. Lock em up! http://www.gregpalast.com/

15. Deckel

Your links do not address the issue I asked about. I've seen multiple references to a story in which a newspaper investigated and found tens of thousands of people registered to vote in both New York and Florida--the so-called "snowbirds". You claim "Because there is no such thing as 35,000 people registering twice" seems inconsistent with reality and common sense that people tend not to unregister to vote when they move. The following article suggests you are wrong: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2004/10/people_who_vote_twice.html

16. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Because, as the article I posted, and the interview pointed out, folks like this election chief in N.C.are creating this scam on purpose. They purposely take people off the voter rolls if their first and last name shows up in a different state, but with a different middle name. What this woman is doing is illegal. And how we can prove that, is that these 35,000 should have been arrested. They weren't. That's how we know she is lying about this.

And your link has nothing to do with taking people off voter roles because the first and last name are the same, but the middle name is different.

And, on top of that, your article was from the election of 2000 where Jeb purged tens of thousands of voters which would have called the election for Gore had he not done that.

17. Deckel

You alleged that there are no people in NC registered in two states. You have yet to offer any proof of that. Either put up or shut up.

18. Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson Well-Known Member

Some guy named John Smith is registered in multiple states.

Time to purge the rolls.

19. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

It is illegal, but it is hard to prove and harder to prosecute.

It's called voter caging, The GOP has either dome it or tried it in virtually every national election since 2000. They keep getting caught at it too.

The most spectacular example was when Karl Rove and Roberto Gonzales tried to set a national operation run from the White House. Henry Waxmann found out that there was a suspicious trend of US Attorneys being abruptly fired and replaced by political operatives with little or no prosecutorial experience,

One by one, they got hauled in to talk about their real work, and one by one, they all resigned. Gonzales resigned in the face of almost certain indictment for blatant purjury.

20. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

21. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

No, the only thing I am alleging, that I've already proven, is that folks like this chief election official is assuming 35,000 people registered in two states, when it was proven that they did not. Those 35,000 were taken off the voting rolls because their first and last name ended up in another state with the same first and last name, with the middle name being different. So yes, I most certainly proved my point, because that election official did not prosecute the 35,000 she claimed registered twice. In other words, the 35,000 who allegedly registered in another state, all had different middle names. And that is the scam the Right is trying to pull.

22. Deckel

You alleged that there were no people register in two states. You have proven nothing but that you cannot substantiate your false allegation which makes you exactly the same as the people you are criticizing.

23. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Lol! Okay, so I just figured out you can't engage this argument. In my intro, I was talking about a few getting caught registering twice illegally that actually vote twice. That figure was less than six. What I am talking about are the 35,000 who were accused of registering in two states when they did not, but the election officials accused them of doing it based on the fact their first and last names showed up, but the official left out the part of their middle name. So those folks at no fault of their own lost their right to vote because of Republican corruption. The first and last name was the same but not the middle.

I'm not sure what part of this you don't seem to understand? Sounds to me that you're more about confusing the conversation rather than understanding it. Look, it's not that hard.

This argument has no good ending for the Republican party, because corruption has been discovered and proven. It's just that simple.

24. bhoyal

bhoyal Active Member

The LEWANDOWSKI family didn't. Is that name familiar??

Then somebody named Hernandez should not be prevented from voting either.

25. Pipette8

Pipette8 Well-Known Member

Hillary pretending to be the champion of non-whites is the best example of someone surrendering their integrity and heading for the sewers.