Have you experienced discrimination?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by WJV, Aug 29, 2016.

1. WJV

WJV Banned

One thing that really annoys me about these 'Black Lives Matter' types is that they act as though it is only black people that experience discrimination and we so-called 'white' people do not and cannot ever understand. To me this is very offensive and very untrue. We get guys like Obama telling us that someone asked him to park his car and he implys that the only reason is because he has black skin - but plenty of white guys actually do work as valet attendants and I wonder how they feel about his racist comments. It is also outrageous to imply that skin colour is the only reason someone could discriminate against you in a situation like that.

I have Norman blood so I know exactly how African-Americans feel when they see media that stereotypes them. I am sure you have all heard the Anglo legends of Anglo hero Robin Hood. They say that Robin Hood "stole from the rich, and gave to the poor". The most common representation of Robin Hood is that of a Saxon freedom fighter that leads his merry band of men against brutal and oppressive Norman overlords. In the Errol Flynn Robyn Hood film when Robin says "rich, what he means is "Norman".

As a man of Norman blood, I see films like Errol Flynns, The Adventures of Robin Hood, as being anti-Norman propaganda. I do not get excited about the thought of Robin and his merry band of Saxons robbing Normans of their tax revenue. Us Normans went to a lot of trouble to put together the Domesday Book to prevent Saxons from avoiding paying their taxes and to maximize tax revenue for the public treasure. I do not like the idea of Saxons disrespecting Norman authority. The Robin Hood of Saxon legend is a libertarian terrorist in my opinion.

Can you imagine how watching Errol Flynns The Adventures of Robin Hood makes me feel? Watching Robin Hood makes me feel discriminated against and demonized. The worst and perhaps funniest thing about the Robin Hood legend is that Robin Hood was not actually a Saxon at all - he was a Norman named John Deville. These racist English Saxons do not even realize that their Robin Hood legends are derived from the life of Norman John Deville. The Saxon hero Robin Hood was a Norman.

"Et Sire Jon D'Ayvile
    Que oncques ni aima treyson ne gile
    Fu en leur companie."
    (Song of the Barons)

rh1.gif

If it was not for us Normans there would be no Britain - and this is the thanks that we get - anti-Norman nonsense. And do you ever hear the English Saxons give us Normans any credit? Not a a lot hey. The significance of the Normans is glossed over by the Saxon English and in many ways it is almost as if they would like to wipe us from history all together.

And another thing that African-Americans do not seem to understand is that it is very common for low socioeconomic people to be discriminated against because of their economic status. I am sure we all remember young River Phoenix in the film Stand By Me where he is crying telling the story about how his teacher thought that he stole that money from the classroom just because he was the poor kid. Do African-Americans really believe that white people cant have discrimination experiences like Obamas traumatic experience of someone asking hm to park their car? I grew up in a community that is mostly upper middle class but my family background is more working class. I remember having a sleep over at a friends house and afterwards the kid tells me that his parents said that I was a good kid and I can stay anytime, and I remember think - ".....What the hell is that supposed to mean? Of course I am a good kid. And why wouldnt I be welcome? Was there any doubt?" See I know exactly how African-Americans feel and it is not only racist but very silly to claim that I cannot.

Do African-American really think I do not know how Ricky and Trey felt in BoyzndaHood when that African-American cop pulls them over for being black and gives them a hard time? Of course I know how that feels. As a working class guy that has owned many crappy vehicles I have been pulled over for being poor and had cops give me a bad time thinking that I am some kind of drug user or something. I know how Ricky and Trey felt when that African-American cop was racist to them. I can identify with African-Americans and it is very racist to say that I cannot.

And another thing that really offends me is that African-Americans like Spike Lee claim that just because I am not African-American I cannot use the so-called 'N-word' even in context which is just outrageous. It is these people that try to get great books like Mark Twains Adventures of Huckleberry Finn banned just because it uses the 'n-word. Now I dont want anyone to shoot me but in my opinion the book Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is the exact opposite of racist and to me the attempted banning of the book is a great example of how the hysterical and egocentric nature of these Black Lives Matter types actually hurts their cause rather than helping it. Even Malcolm X realized that white people are not all the enemy and many of us want to and can help as long as blacks are not angry and hostile towards us. I would encourage any angry Black Lives Matter types to read the Malcolm X biography Remembering Malcolm by David Gallen because this book may help to moderate their outlook.

So do you guys agree that Black Lives matter type African-Americans do not seem to understand that the rest of us can indeed understand exactly how they feel when they are discriminated against? Isnt it racist and offensive for African Americans to claim that the rest of us cannot understand how they feel?

[video=youtube;uL8R8k7q4_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL8R8k7q4_Q[/video]
    - song from HBO series Angry Boys

Normans.jpg

2. WJV

WJV Banned

My advice to the African-American community if it is not too racist to give it is this - African-American culture must be changed so that it encourages respect for authority because current African-American culture is hostile to authority and this is African-Americas biggest problem.

We have all seen how these African-American communities are so against so-called 'snitching'. We have all heard them say things like 'snitches get stitches'. What needs to happen for things to improve for Americas blacks is to move away from this 'snitches get stitches' mentality. We know the high percentage of blacks that end up in jail and the high crime rates in black communities and the blacks just make it harder with this 'snitches get stitches' mentality. How can black communities be polices when none of the blacks are willing to 'snitch' on their fellow blacks? I think that part of the problem is also the American idea of criminals being able to 'remain silent'. Anything that these criminals do not say should be held against them in a court of law - not the other way around. If criminals or members of the public are being uncooperative with a police investigation then they should be charged for being uncooperative with police.

This 'snitches get stitches' jail mentality that African-Americans have also is to blame for the fact that African-Americans are so hostile and uncooperative with police and this is to blame for many of the African-Americans that have died while resisting arrest. If you look at all of these youtube videos that have given rise to this 'Black Lives Matter' movement the thing that they have in common is that the African-American that dies only died because he resisted arrest. That big fat black guy that was illegally selling cigarettes - Eric Garner - was resisting arrest and that is why he died. When the police tell you to do something you do it - you do not act in an uncooperative and belligerent way giving the police no choice but to physically restrain you. If the police tell you to put your hands behind your back then you put your hands behind your back. It is the same with Micheal Brown and all of these youtube videos that have led to this American War on Police.

It is only a very thin blue line between us and the dangerous criminals and we need to support the men and women that put their lives on the line to protect us and maintain order. One way we can all help our police is to work towards changing African-American culture so that it is not so angry and hostile towards authority. This 'snitches get stitches' 'thug life' mentality of the African-American community has to go. Do you agree?

[video=youtube;T8zJskyoj-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8zJskyoj-Y[/video]

3. WJV

WJV Banned

Dont get me wrong - I have no problem with 'hip hop' but this 'ganster rap' stuff has to go. It should be illegal for an African-American to make music that is damaging to society and order. It is this 'ganster rap' that is largely to blame for the 'snitches get stitches' mentality of African-Americans' and I also blame this thug life ganster rap stuff for the fact that Black Lives Matter types think that they can call for the deaths of police officers. In what world do people think they can get away with chanting for the deaths of police and the movement is not labelled as a terrorist organization? Like I said - it is not just African-American culture and the African-Americans that are to blame for the terrible state of race relations in modern USA but also the very liberal broader US mentality that allows such terroristic behaviour to go unchecked and unpunished. "F#$#k the Police"???? The thinking needs to be - f#$k the criminals and our laws need to reflect that.

But yeah I have no problem with black music in general as long as it is positive. A lot of my favourite music artist are actually black. As long as it is positive and not negative it is fine and we need to encourage more of that and this will go a long way to improving the lives of all African Americans.

[video=youtube;Nlpxb9iiIns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlpxb9iiIns[/video]

[video=youtube;8UFIYGkROII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII[/video]

4. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

After the Norman conquest, the 11th-century invasion of England by an army of Normans led by Duke William II of Normandy, the Anglo-Saxons were somewhat enslaved by the occupying Normans from France. The French Normans imposed themselves as the ruling class upon the native Britons and ruled over the Anglo-Saxons. In this historical context, Robin Hood emerged as a national hero by resisting the Norman occupation of Britain. Britain's class system has its roots in the Norman conquest and the white working class is overwhelmingly descended from the Anglo-Saxons, while nobles and aristocrats in Britain today have Norman blood. There are genetic elements to Britain's entrenched class system because of this historical background.

5. WJV

WJV Banned

Is that you in the picture? That is nice.

Robin Hood is Norman knight John Deville

Deville supported leader of the discontented, Simon de Montfort in the Second Barons' War (1262-64). The Royalists defeated the Barons and leader De Montfort was killed at the decisive Battle of Evesham. The Royalist victory resulted land seizures and brutal suppression. The discontented became the disinherited. John Deville became a leader of the Revolt of the Disinherited. "Sir John Deville and others, that disinherited were, Took the castle of Ely, and held them fast there..." - chronicler Robert of Gloucester.

"Sir John Deyville - or de Eyvill, D'eyville etc, the name was spelled in many different ways - is a largely forgotten Yorkshire knight who played a vital role in the rebellion of Simon de Montfort and its aftermath. John was the living prototype of the 'robber knight', a fierce and stubborn man who spent much of his life on horseback, galloping from one blood-soaked encounter to the next." - David Pilling

Is Deville starting to sound like Robin Hood? Prototype of the robber knight.

"John Deyville is of interest in search of the Robin Hood legend for many reasons. One of the earliest chronicles to mention Robin Hood, Walter Bower's expanded translation of John of Fordun's Scotichronicon (1440, some 99 years after Fordun's original), identifies him explicity as a leader of the dispossessed after 1266. Moreover, it is at this time that the name "Hood" is first indisputably directly connected with the Deyville family: it was this John who, in 1264, received permission to build Hood Hill Castle near Kilburn in North Yorkshire. The Deyvilles had been landholders in the Kilburn area for over a century and seem to have acquired Hood Hill by 1191. " - Marcus Pitcaithly

Deville was a robber knight from Hood Hill that led a war of rebellion against a brutal and oppressive King. Starting to sound like Robin Hood right? But he was no Saxon terrorist. The man that Deville supported in the Second Barons' War, de Montfort has been called the "Father of Parliament" because as de facto ruler of England he stripped the King of unlimited authority and he brought in parliament that included ordinary townspeople of common blood. With De Montforts death, Deville became the leader of the rebels so it is easy to see how he would have been seen as being a hero to common Saxons.

"Et Sire Jon D'Ayvile
    Que oncques ni aima treyson ne gile
    Fu en leur companie."
    (Song of the Barons)

"To summarize, the experience of the Deyville family, threaded through the period of two major rebellions, lends support to the view that it was the violence and outlawry of the reign of Edward II which most inspired the development of the Robin Hood mythology and provided its flavour."
    - The Deyvilles and the Genisis of the Robin Hood Legends.

"The combination of xenophobia and revolt against debt in his cause made it especially dangerous to the Jews, and John Deyville is recorded as expelling Jews wherever he found them. But there was widespread and justified discontent with Henry's rule, which manifested itself in laments sung after de Montfort's death: and to many, John Deyville must have appeared a hero."

"The exact circumstances in which Deyville's rebellion ended are not recorded: but on 1st July 1267, he entered the King's peace and agreed to pay the heaviest fines levied on any baronial rebel for his part in the Revolt of the Disinherited. There ends his part in the war - in contrast to Roger Godberd, who remained at large until captured by the Sheriff of Nottingham in 1271. But some fifty years later, another King, Edward II, would antagonise his subjects almost as much, and another Deyville - Joscelin, from a cadet branch of the family - would oppose him."

"there is very little doubt in my mind that the legend as we have it owes much to the century-long troublemaking tendencies of the Deyvilles of Hood Hill." - Marcus Pitcaithly

So what do you common Saxon think about that? Your Saxon hero Robin Hood was actually a Norman.

These Anglo peasants were very terroristic to begin with but they were pacified without too much trouble. And like I said there would be no Britain if not for Norman conquests. The Irish for example had no national identity until we conquered them and gave them one.

The Geraldines

These Geraldines! These Geraldines! -not long our air they breathed;
    Not long they fed on venison, in Irish water seethed;
    Not often had their children been by Irish mothers nursed;
    when from their full and genial hearts an Irish feeling burst!
    The English monarch strove in vain, by law, and force, and bribe,
    To win from Irish thoughts and ways this 'more than Irish' tribe;
    For still they clung to fosterage, to breitheamh, cloak and bard:
    What king dare say to Geraldine, 'Your Irish wife discard'?

Hiberniores Hibernis ipsis.

I suggest you do further research before making such offensive statements about us Normans in the future. As a Norman I find your comments and attitude highly offensive.

6. WJV

WJV Banned

Back to African-Americans - dont think that me being an Australian of Norman blood makes me unable to understand the African-American mind or that negative African-American culture does not affect me here in Australia. One way that African-American culture hurts Australia is its influence on Aboriginals. Aboriginal Australians have black skin like African-American and they seem to really identify with African-American culture - and this is a really bad thing for Australia in general but also for Aboriginals in my opinion. African-American culture needs to improve not just for the sake of African-Americans but for the sake of us all.

[video=youtube;7tG5prbAS08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tG5prbAS08[/video]

[video=youtube;5qm8PH4xAss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qm8PH4xAss[/video]

7. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Well-Known Member

Uhm, ok...

8. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

Let me get this straight. You, a Norman-English Aussie feel discriminated against by other Aussies of Saxon-English descent. You feel therefore that you have a commonality of experience with Black Americans.

Let me point out a few home truths to you:
    1.) The Normans came to England voluntarily, Africans came to the New World because they had been enslaved.
    2.) The Normans formed a ruling class. Black Americans have never been the ruling class in the US.
    3.) I am unaware of any Norman being denied the right to vote because of his ancestry.
    4.) I am unaware of any Norman murdered or lynched with impunity by Saxons because he was a Norman. Seems to me the ruling class would have the law on its side.
    5.) Perhaps the reason your abos identify with US Blacks is that they face similar obstacles in their daily lives, not because of their skin color.

I think you're full of the stuff that makes the grass grow long and green.

9. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Well-Known Member

When I read the story Robin Hood as a boy, I figured it was mostly re-written and fictitious as far as historical or factual content, still, it was colorful middle English prose, lots of prithee and sooth etc, the end was sad, Robin had taken ill, and went to a nunnery, a nun was supposed to let blood to alleviate his condition, however, she betrayed him and cut him deeply, and locked him in, as he swooned, he blew his trumpet, little John broke the door lock, and found Robin dying, he took him in his arms, to a archers slot, and robin shot an arrow, bury me where this arrow lands, and died in little John's arms....

Since all this happened so long ago, no one really knows who was Saxon or Norman etc...... would it matter anyway ???

10. Polydectes

Polydectes Well-Known Member

11. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Well-Known Member

LOL I found this somewhat amusing......

12. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

Well, Aussies and Aframs at least have a criminal history in common. :clapping:

Who gives a flying horse about history. The present is all that really matters.

Because they have always been a minority.

Actually, in early days only "upper-class" men were allowed to vote and class, back then, was very much decided on what class you were born into. Thus, a man of Norman descent whose family were farmers was a Norman who could not vote. :cool:

Pretty sure there have always been psychopath killers and racist and both combined. So, prolly has happened at least once. :)

Cut the victim-mentality and grow up! There is no such thing as institutional racism holding blacks back from succeeding. :evil:

Sunshine? :D

13. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

African-Americans are on the bottom of the ladder in America because we are a meritocracy. Even the illegal aliens out perform them.

14. John from Canada

John from Canada Banned

As a white European male I experience discrimination all the time. One thing that helps is not watching television. Television is Jewish propaganda designed to demoralize and dumb-down the white audience. Turn it off. I'm also financially stable and self-employed. I don't work for anyone else and I'm not in debt. And I try to the best of my ability to avoid contact with non whites. This is the only way to keep your sanity in the insane Jewish world of multi-cult-uralism

15. Ritter

Ritter Well-Known Member

I feel that "discrimination" a hollow and overused term. The whole narrative is rather exaggerated and delusional. Marxistoid fantasies like "institutional racism" and "oppression" is nothing but political tools to justify legislation and more usless minister posts and heavier government control.

In the Western countries, every individual is given the exact same oppurtunities and offered the same possibilities . To assume anything else is not only dishonest but also idiotic.

Cut the victim-mentakity and get your sh-t together!